RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Charges (OOC thread)
I did not know someone else was going to bring in another arcane spell caster.  I think maybe I should change my character.  Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time to be figuring out Pathfinder options so maybe I will bow out.   Sad
Quote this message in a reply
Pathfinder has a class called Summoner that I've always liked. It's like a focused summoning sorceror with a pet.

Cleric and druid are always strong options. And pf actually made ranger decent.
I joined in few days ago. I asked about the arcane role, but nobody said that you will come with it. Please don't bow out. I played many time in a party where was more then one arcane or divine caster and there was no problem with it.

Our DM said that: the ruler role (charisma) must filled and as you know there is not so much options to build a character with high charisma.

If it really borther you, then I will create another character.
Casters are squishy... With two at least one will survive Wink Besides, there are only so many character options while there are several roles to fill in the kingdom as Valdi pointed out. From a story perspective there are so many options having two casters in the group can provide. They could critique each other over the finer points of The Art, represent different schools of thought, like diviner, controller, or offense focused. Maybe Nexendia could focus on spells that work with nature better, much like a Druid or Ranger but with the intent to build a better civilization?

Besides, the picture makes me want to buy the game Big Grin

I was originally thinking of playing a barbarian Druid but could reconcile why he would want to help build a kingdom. Then I found the Bloodrager and was like "woohoo yeah!"
As I said, thinking about noble roles right now is a bit premature. I just wanted to tell people that someone would have to take the role...or two someones actually. Two people can fill the role of ruler. Anyway, please don't leave. I was getting so excited about starting soon.
We have two warriors (a barbarian/sorceror hybrid and a cleric/fighter hybrid), a rogue/skillmonkey, and two arcanists should be fine... with a party of five players there will be overlap no matter what as there are only 4 'traditional' roles. I think Nwxwndria will do great
(06-23-2016, 06:27 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Casters are squishy... With two at least one will survive Wink  Besides, there are only so many character options while there are several roles to fill in the kingdom as Valdi pointed out.  From a story perspective there are so many options having two casters in the group can provide.  They could critique each other over the finer points of The Art, represent different schools of thought, like diviner, controller, or offense focused. Maybe Nexendia could focus on spells that work with nature better, much like a Druid or Ranger but with the intent to build a better civilization?  

As a DM, I know a group needs a wide variety of classes to have the most success.  Having two casters is squishy and unless they are very coordinated they could end up with a lot of pointless overlap or redundant spell casting.  For example, both casting fireballs and ending up with massive overkill would be a waste of spells.  Or if one caster outshines the other it can take away from the fun which is why we all play the game. 

As for critiquing each other... Have you seen Eran's stats?   Tongue   He'd be kind of punching down.  

But about stats, did I make a mistake or something? I'm familar with 3.5 but PF stats use a different generator.  We all get 32pt buy right?  Because our stats should all be pretty even but when comparing stats, I have a +10 total stat bonus while the Eran has +13.  When I used my stat calculator to calculate my stats I get 32pts but when I tested the calculator using Eran's stats (including +2 int/ +2 wis for his race) I get 37pts.   Huh  I know that I get +2 int/ +2 Dex/ -2 con so that should account for a 1 point difference.  So I'm wondering, did I use the wrong stat calculator?  Or am I missing an option?  I haven't picked my Kingmaker Trait yet so is that what I'm missing?  

This is the stat calculator I used.  Is there an official stat calculator that we all should be using?
Testing my Stat calculator, everyone but Andra calculates at 32pts.  She actually calculates at 30.  I assumed she put her +2 human bonus in her highest stat (intelligence), which is always the best thing to do when using the point buy system.  So am I using the wrong calculator?   Huh
The solution: middle aged.
-1 STR,DEX,CON +1 INT,WIS,CHA

So, his original stats was: 9,15,13,17,13,15
Peri-Blooded Aasimars get +2 INT and +2 CHA.

At originaly I thought in an avarage CHA stat and trait wich allow you to use your INT to UMD. But as I mentioned our DM said:

(06-22-2016, 12:41 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: We haven't even started the game, but someone with high Charisma will be needed for the Ruler position. A kingdom without a Ruler is like a ship without a rudder.

So, I changed my concept and built a charismatic arcanist in this way.
(06-22-2016, 02:24 PM)DM Sunfire Wrote: At first I didn't think for my character as a charismatic ruler, but I accept the challenge.
In this case I will come with a mage king. He will be a Peri-Blooded Aasimar if it is acceptable for you.
(06-24-2016, 06:19 AM)Nexendia Wrote: As a DM, I know a group needs a wide variety of classes to have the most success.  Having two casters is squishy and unless they are very coordinated they could end up with a lot of pointless overlap or redundant spell casting.  For example, both casting fireballs and ending up with massive overkill would be a waste of spells.  Or if one caster outshines the other it can take away from the fun which is why we all play the game. 

As for critiquing each other... Have you seen Eran's stats?   Tongue   He'd be kind of punching down.  

But about stats, did I make a mistake or something? I'm familar with 3.5 but PF stats use a different generator.  We all get 32pt buy right?  Because our stats should all be pretty even but when comparing stats, I have a +10 total stat bonus while the Eran has +13.  When I used my stat calculator to calculate my stats I get 32pts but when I tested the calculator using Eran's stats (including +2 int/ +2 wis for his race) I get 37pts.   Huh  I know that I get +2 int/ +2 Dex/ -2 con so that should account for a 1 point difference.  So I'm wondering, did I use the wrong stat calculator?  Or am I missing an option?  I haven't picked my Kingmaker Trait yet so is that what I'm missing?  

This is the stat calculator I used.  Is there an official stat calculator that we all should be using?

I feel that my character is really bother you. I will create a new one: a priest king. But I need a little more time for this.
Sorry Valid I think he will be a better divine caster than you Smile.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon