RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Charges (OOC thread)
I'm new to Pathfinder. I saw something about hero points and favored class bonuses, i have to read up on that. Eran mentioned +1sp or +1hp, i didn't realize that counted at 1st level.
Quote this message in a reply
Ugh. I remember now why I hate character optimization. Everyone automatically having their primary stat as the highest you could possibly roll feels so flavorless....
(06-24-2016, 02:48 PM)Eran Wrote: You lost the elven Weapon Familiarity (because the Fleetfoot Run).
You didn't spend one skill point (INT+2).
You didn't spend your favored class bonus "point". (1SP or 1HP or "Select one arcane school power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard's Intelligence modifier. The wizard adds +½ to the number of uses per day of that arcane school power.") You can choose it in every level.
I think the "Clever Wordplay" or "Pragmatic Activator" trait is better then "Dangerously curious" for you. (You can dump the CHA stat and you will be increase(at 4th, 8th, .. level) your INT stat.)

I found an armor for arcane spellcasters (from UC): +1AC 0% spell failure
Haramaki

Thank you for checking my character over.  
*I erased Weapon Familiarity: which is fine.  Now that my strength is an 8, a light crossbow would be better than a short bow anyways.

*I put the extra point for intelligence in UMD.  I forgot that my Int use to be 18 and now in this game it's 20.  Thanks for reminding me about the point.

*I've been trying to decide what Favored class bonus to choose between hp's and Skill pnt.  I didn't know about the Arcane School thing.  But I can already use Shift 8 times a day.  Do I need to be able to use it 12 times a day?  I was leaning toward Skill points because since she is a noble I figured she would be more well learned than tough.  What would you suggest?

*Thank you for pointing out the traits.  I ended up taking your advise and took, Pragmatic Activator.

*Thanks for pointing out the armor.  Every little bit helps.
Myth-weaver character sheet trick:

If my character have got some bonus for one of save,skill,.. just in certain situations I used the following method to help me remember that:
For example Eran have got a +1 trait bonus to his Will save and a +2 trait bonus vs. divination effect.
The characters can avoid every divination effect (as I know) with their Will save.
So I put a 1|3 to his Misc mod field. The program uses the first number in front of pipe for his calculations and the second, third, ... number help me and my DM to remember this partial situation modifier.

--

Andra:
You didn't spend one skill point (INT+6+1(human)).
You must modify some other parts because you modifed stats.

The following line is absolute wrong, so delete it: Alchemy: 1 + Int mod extracts per day (4)
The spell DC for your 1st level extract is 15 = 10 + 1 (extract lvl) + 4 (your new INT bonus)
The bonus spell number is not equal your INT bonus. You should find it in Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells table.

For example:
A 4th level Investigator with 18 INT should "cast" 3+1 1st level extract and 1+1 2nd level extract
A 4th level Investigator with 20 INT should "cast" 3+2 1st level extract and 1+1 2nd level extract

(X+Y format where X is his normal daily number end Y is his bonus spell number for that level.)

Your inspiration number is 4 = 0 (1/2 class lvl) + INT
Your trapfinding is 1, because it is minimum 1.

--

Nexendia:
There is a Hero Point field under the stat block.

"A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from his opposed schools, if any; see Arcane Schools)"
" Wizards can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table: Wizard under “Spells per Day.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. A wizard can prepare a cantrip from an opposition school, but it uses up two of his available slots (see below)."
(06-24-2016, 10:08 PM)Nexendia Wrote: Oh, I did not know that.  Well I'm 120 years old so likely I've been part of the family for a long time.    I would have been 98 years old during the year of your birth.  Maybe I was even there when you were born!

Her nanny!!!
Ok totally confused about the mention of favored class stuff. What am I mising and is it something I could have missed on my character. I am new to PF too.
I'm gonna say no on the elf being at my birth or being my nanny, because there's no way in hell I'd want to be questing with people who can say that.

I think "oh, she's from the elven side of my family." Make sense. There are a billion ways for there to be elven branches of the family without my character having noticeable elven traits (see Aragon and Arwyn).
Favored Class: Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes (see Prestige Classes) can never be a favored class.

So that means I get +1 Skill point or Hit point

sweeet Skill point it is
How do favored classes work in Pathfinder?
"In Pathfinder, you choose a favored class when you create a character, and every time your character takes a level in that class he or she gets +1 hit point, +1 skill rank, or another race and class specific benefit as added in the Advanced Player's Guide."

Racial Favored Class Benefits

Favored Class Options for our humans:

- Bloodrager: Increase the bloodrager's total number of bloodrage rounds per day by 1.
- Investigator: Add one extract formula from the investigator's formula list to his formula book. This formula must be at least 1 formula level below the highest level the investigator can create.
- Warpriest: Gain 1/6 of a new bonus combat feat. (So after every 6 levels he got a new combat feat if he chooses always his alternate favored class option)
At this point, I'm opting for the skill point.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon