RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Charges (OOC thread)
Ok, I'm going to have to say no to Middle Age. You're playing a caster, being old unbalances things. I have ways of balancing a 32-point build, but you're getting an extra leg up on people. Also, can you show me where on the site your particular class is?
Quote this message in a reply
(06-24-2016, 09:00 AM)DM Sunfire Wrote: I feel that my character is really bother you. I will create a new one: a priest king. But I need a little more time for this.
Sorry Valid I think he will be a better divine caster than you Smile.

Honestly you're character isn't bothering me.  Naturally when having 2 similar classes one would compare their strengths and weaknesses.  The stat difference was a bit of a mystery to me so I was pursuing the issue.  You answered the question with age modifiers and I was like, Ohhhhh ok.  Now it makes sense!  I didn't miss anything.  

Also, I did figure that bring up the differences might make it look to some that I was being 'cop' or maybe I was 'jealous' or something.  But I took the chance because this is my first character for PF so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any options.   And in doing so, I may have helped Andra.  Girl Power!  Tongue

So please don't change your character.  Now I know I didn't make any mistakes (I think  Dodgy ) mystery has been solved so I'm good.  Just lets try to coordinate our spells.  I don't cast Enchantment or Necromancy so there is a good place to start.   Smile
(06-24-2016, 11:52 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: Ok, I'm going to have to say no to Middle Age.  You're playing a caster, being old unbalances things.  I have ways of balancing a 32-point build, but you're getting an extra leg up on people.  Also, can you show me where on the site your particular class is?

Ok. No problem. I recalculated him with normal/standard age.

Aasimar
Peri-Blooded
Arcanist
School Savant
Actually, I had raised my Int up with points, and then put my +2 in Cha. Have I mentioned that I really suck at character maximization? Anyway, if there's a way to get more points out of it, I'm all for it.
(06-24-2016, 01:55 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: Actually, I had raised my Int up with points, and then put my +2 in Cha. Have I mentioned that I really suck at character maximization? Anyway, if there's a way to get more points out of it, I'm all for it.

Your stats before race modifications:
15, 13, 13, 15, 13, 15

Charcter maximization rules:
1. You must choose as many even stat as you can. (Except for some feats pre request)
2. Put your human race bonus to your highest stat.
3. Take some nice feat/trait which help you to decrease some stat e.g.: Weapon Finesse (Combat)

For example this is much better:

14, 14, 14, 16, 12, 14

After the race bonus:
14, 14, 14, 18, 12, 14

You HP is wrong because you forgot to add your favored class bonus to it.
(06-24-2016, 12:39 PM)Nexendia Wrote: So please don't change your character.  Now I know I didn't make any mistakes (I think  Dodgy ) mystery has been solved so I'm good.  Just lets try to coordinate our spells.  I don't cast Enchantment or Necromancy so there is a good place to start.   Smile

Abjuration and Enchantment
School Savant Wrote:... the arcanist must select two additional schools of magic as her opposition schools. Whenever she prepares spells from one of her opposition schools, the spell takes up two of her prepared spell slots. In addition, a school savant takes a –4 penalty on any skill checks when crafting a magic item that has a spell from one of her opposition schools as a prerequisite.
So, he could casts spell from his opposition schools, but it takes up two prepared spell slot.

For example if a 1st level School Savant (who has got just two 1st level prepared spell slot) wants to prepare a spell from her opposite schools then she can prepare just that one spell and nothing more spell from 1st level (except the one from his choosen school.) And she can cast it 2+bonus number per day.

---

You lost the elven Weapon Familiarity (because the Fleetfoot Run).
You didn't spend one skill point (INT+2).
You didn't spend your favored class bonus "point". (1SP or 1HP or "Select one arcane school power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard's Intelligence modifier. The wizard adds +½ to the number of uses per day of that arcane school power.") You can choose it in every level.
I think the "Clever Wordplay" or "Pragmatic Activator" trait is better then "Dangerously curious" for you. (You can dump the CHA stat and you will be increase(at 4th, 8th, .. level) your INT stat.)

I found an armor for arcane spellcasters (from UC): +1AC 0% spell failure
Haramaki
Except for she actually added her +2 to charisma not +2 to intelligence as I first thought, I completely agree. 

So then it just comes down to if you want more Intelligence or more Dexterity.  But that's up to you and how you want to play your character.

I ended up taking the Trait: Noble Born (Medvyed).  They like the forests and Fey which I thought would be good for the group.  Since she's an elf, Nexendia will need to be adopted into the family.
That would make you part of my family, since I took that one as well.
Oh, I did not know that.  Well I'm 120 years old so likely I've been part of the family for a long time.    I would have been 98 years old during the year of your birth.  Maybe I was even there when you were born!
Pathfinder is quite a bit different than 3.5e so if you guys have any questions, queries, concerns, or conundrums, I'm readily available.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon