RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Charges (OOC thread)
OK, Nex, clarifying your request for clarification: Magical Beasts are defined as having an Intelligence higher than 2, whether or not it explicitly states such. If a regular Beast was given the Celestial template, that means that it is native to the Celestial planes of existence and, thus, not a standard beast. In addition, they understand Celestial (because that is where they come from) and do not understand Common (since there is little to no exposure to it where they live). If I have to make this a house rule I will. I never understood why Paizo didn’t fix this as it’s such a minor, obvious, intuitive point.
Quote this message in a reply
Tushou Wrote:Thanks, Nex.

No problem.   Smile

(11-15-2017, 02:26 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: OK, Nex, clarifying your request for clarification: Magical Beasts are defined as having an Intelligence higher than 2, whether or not it explicitly states such.  If a regular Beast was given the Celestial template, that means that it is native to the Celestial planes of existence and, thus, not a standard beast.  In addition, they understand Celestial (because that is where they come from) and do not understand Common (since there is little to no exposure to it where they live).  If I have to make this a house rule I will.  I never understood why Paizo didn’t fix this as it’s such a minor, obvious, intuitive point.

Well, that wasn't the answer I was expecting.  But just so there isn't any confusion, almost all creatures in Pathfinder are summoned with a template.  I'm also neutral so I can choose what alignment of creature I can summon.

Quote:Creatures on Table: Summon Monster marked with an “*” are summoned with the celestial template, if you are good, and the fiendish template, if you are evil. If you are neutral, you may choose which template to apply to the creature. Creatures marked with an “*” always have an alignment that matches yours, regardless of their usual alignment. Summoning these creatures makes the summoning spell’s type match your alignment.

The only creatures that do not have a template are elementals and creatures linked to the Outer Planes such as Devils, Archons, etc.  So that would mean if I know their native language, everything else I summon with the Monster Summoning spells would understand the orders I give them within the limits of its Intelligence.  I'm just pointing this out so there is 100% transparency and we are both on the same page.  That almost all creatures I summon could be given orders.  In the case of Elementals they would likely know their elemental languages.
Yeah I know all that. I don’t believe something that has the Celestial template, meaning it has been summoned from the Celestial plane, should come into play understanding Common but not Celestial. It makes no sense. Ditto in the inverse for fiendish template, though you’d need to specify which plane it hails from. CE beasts are more likely to speak Abyssal, Infernal for LE creatures.
ok...sorry about what happened to the most recent post. I tried to edit it to quote and it wound up deleting the whole thing Angry. So I hit back to reach a previous version in my cache and had to copy-paste it. That's why it looks wrong.
In response to all of the ooc comments popping up in the game, yes I was a little concerned about the sudden lack of posting, but I attributed it to the fact that we were going through the holiday season. My own wife, for example, had to work a late night shift Thursday night. Besides, I’m hardly one to lecture about lack of posting consistency. I’m just appreciative of the resumption of activity and will get a post up as soon as I can today.
Raaaarrrrrr! Cough. Cough.

I have some catching up to do.
(12-06-2017, 03:14 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Raaaarrrrrr! Cough. Cough.

I have some catching up to do.

Yes you do!  Angry  Tongue

I'm sure Valdi will be thrilled that you're back.   Smile
Correct me if I'm wrong but here is the situation as I read it. We killed vicious wild boars and brought the meat back so it's not wasted. Keston and his soldiers are defending the fort but lack skills to "fortify" it, pun intended. We gained another adventurer to the party, a warrior Monk. We are preparing to leave and take an old gentleman to see a secret shrine to a god but it seems a bit suspicious? Vidar is better with animals than his brother Valdi so he will come over and listen to the secret hush hush conversation Smile
Awesome to have you back Vidar!! Was getting worried I'd have to open up another ad for the game.
(12-06-2017, 03:24 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but here is the situation as I read it. We killed vicious wild boars and brought the meat back so it's not wasted.   Keston and his soldiers are defending the fort but lack skills to "fortify" it, pun intended.  We gained another adventurer to the party, a warrior Monk.  We are preparing to leave and take an old gentleman to see a secret shrine to a god but it seems a bit suspicious?  Vidar is better with animals than his brother Valdi so he will come over and listen to the secret hush hush conversation Smile

That's pretty much it...  And I want the Warpriest to cast detect evil on the old guy to see if he has evil intentions.  This IS D&D so he probably does have evil intentions but just beating up someone without in game proof is supposedly bad.   Rolleyes  Tongue

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon