RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Charges (OOC thread)
The divine casters also could able to keep free some of their slot. The "mixers" Big Grin are the most flexible "casters" they could prepare their extracts one by one. As I wrote it takes 1 min per extract.

What happens if a lazy wizard sleep 9 or more hours?
Quote this message in a reply
(06-03-2017, 12:18 AM)Eran Wrote: The divine casters also could able to keep free some of their slot. The "mixers" Big Grin are the most flexible "casters" they could prepare their extracts one by one. As I wrote it takes 1 min per extract.

Can they?  I thought that since Divine Casters have to pray at a certain time of day that would stop them from memorizing whenever they wanted.  

Quote:What happens if a lazy wizard sleep 9 or more hours?

Scarf will drop some rotten fruit on his head.  Angry Tongue
(06-03-2017, 03:35 PM)Nexendia Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 12:18 AM)Eran Wrote: The divine casters also could able to keep free some of their slot. The "mixers" Big Grin are the most flexible "casters" they could prepare their extracts one by one. As I wrote it takes 1 min per extract.

Can they?  I thought that since Divine Casters have to pray at a certain time of day that would stop them from memorizing whenever they wanted.  
OOC - Yes. They can do this both in 3.5 and PF but they must recharge their "battery" in a particular part of the day. The rule in PF is much cleaner/understable than in 3.5.

Moved these posts here to OOC where they make more sense and also to preserve game flow. I'll have a new post up to describe the first part of your first night in the wilds in a few.
(06-20-2017, 09:54 PM)Eran Wrote: Eran casts a Color Spray which targets the 2nd and 3rd bandits (it origins from his top right corner). It's DC is increased with an Arcane Reservoir point. 

[OoC: Bandits?   Huh  ]
(06-20-2017, 11:09 PM)Nexendia Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 09:54 PM)Eran Wrote: Eran casts a Color Spray which targets the 2nd and 3rd bandits (it origins from his top right corner). It's DC is increased with an Arcane Reservoir point. 

[OoC: Bandits?   Huh  ]

Thx. This was my fault: I'm a little bit tired. Somehow I "translate" the B to bandits. Big Grin
I fixed the text.
No problem.  Just making sure I wasn't losing my mind.   Tongue

I have a question about the combat.  Nexendia/Scarf is first in line for initiative.  So Nex cast her Silent Image first and since she can effect up to five 10'x10' cubes she was targeting all of the boars.  But instead it seems that Eran cast his color spray first so her spell only effected two boars.  Assuming all the Boars would fail their save which statistically (75%-ish) is a pretty good bet, then Eran wouldn't need to waste a Color Spray.  So I ask...
1) Was my order in initiative skipped because Eran posted his full action while I was waiting for a response to my question?  I have heard some DM's do this to try to speed game play.
or
2)  You decided that the Area of Effect for my Silent Image couldn't include all 4 boars so you decided to let me effect 2 instead?

My second question has to do with Silent Image.  I was at first going to have pits open up under the boars.  I figured that 3 of the boars could have been dropped into a 10'x10' pit and the 4th boar closest to her would be dropped into a 10'x20' pit.  This would equal Nex's five 10'x10' cubed area of effect.  Would that have worked?  I decided not to because since Silent Image isn't mind effecting I didn't think it would do any damage.  Even if they fell and took no damage they would end up just accidently jump out of the image when/if they decided to try to get out by jumping against the walls and there really aren't any. 

Thanks
I read the spell description and found that: with Silent Image you could create ONE big image (which size limit is 4*10 cube foot + caster lvl * 10 cube foot).
Of course it could be very varied (DM's option):
- If they are close together then you could put more than 5 buckets to the enemies head. (You could connect the buckets with an illusion rope and this case it is just one big image Tongue)
- If the minimal distance is greater than 50 foot in any pair of them then you could only bind one of them.

-----

In the other games we mainly simultanly post our PCs actions. Of course there is some bigger confrontation then we modify our posts and ask a "retro gaming" from the DM.
(06-21-2017, 07:20 PM)Nexendia Wrote: No problem.  Just making sure I wasn't losing my mind.   Tongue

I have a question about the combat.  Nexendia/Scarf is first in line for initiative.  So Nex cast her Silent Image first and since she can effect up to five 10'x10' cubes she was targeting all of the boars.  But instead it seems that Eran cast his color spray first so her spell only effected two boars.  Assuming all the Boars would fail their save which statistically (75%-ish) is a pretty good bet, then Eran wouldn't need to waste a Color Spray.  So I ask...
1) Was my order in initiative skipped because Eran posted his full action while I was waiting for a response to my question?  I have heard some DM's do this to try to speed game play.
or
2)  You decided that the Area of Effect for my Silent Image couldn't include all 4 boars so you decided to let me effect 2 instead?

My second question has to do with Silent Image.  I was at first going to have pits open up under the boars.  I figured that 3 of the boars could have been dropped into a 10'x10' pit and the 4th boar closest to her would be dropped into a 10'x20' pit.  This would equal Nex's five 10'x10' cubed area of effect.  Would that have worked?  I decided not to because since Silent Image isn't mind effecting I didn't think it would do any damage.  Even if they fell and took no damage they would end up just accidently jump out of the image when/if they decided to try to get out by jumping against the walls and there really aren't any. 

Thanks

It's a bit of both, actually, plus a fair amount of DM error in not waiting for that init block to complete before posting a result.  I use Init blocks for combat due to the nature of PbP.  I only had your Image affect two of them because I could conceive of a situation in which there were two buckets connected by a pole (think Kill Bill when the Bride is training with Pai Mei and carrying the water up the stairs), but not four.  As I understand the spell, it is one continuous visual illusion that occupies four 10' cubes + 1 cube/level.  That means that it doesn't affect all four.  Even if I had waited and allowed your Silent Image to affect all four, Eran would still have cast Color Spray and two of them would be unconscious anyway.

As to your second question: yes, pits would work.  Silent Image restricts sound, smell, texture, and temperature, not gravity (apparent or otherwise) or balance.  The semicircular canals (those things in your inner ear which govern the sensation of falling) are not really involved in hearing.  I'm not saying that Silent Image could be used to simulate altered gravity, mind you, just the disorientation that comes with the illusion of it.  In terms of them jumping out of the illusion, you tell me.  If it's a visual illusion, would they jump out of it and see everything normally or just more pit?
I want to start off by saying that I like my character, the other characters in the game as well as the premise of this game.  However, I'm wondering if it is possible to pick up the pace a little bit?  I know over summer the site tends to slow down and there has been a couple of people who seemed to have vanished from the site and it affected many games.  But this combat, for example, with 4 boars has been going on for almost 14 weeks.  Like I said, I enjoy the game but can we figure out a way to keep the game moving?  Like if we are in combat and someone doesn't post for 2 days we either move along to the next player or the DM, NPC's them for that round of combat?  Or the DM can go back and insert their action into the melee when they post.  Please don't take this post as me bitching or pointing fingers at anyone.  PbP is naturally slow and people have lives that take priority over gaming.  But I think we can speed things up a little by only waiting a day or two instead of a week for an action.  Especially in my character's case where in all likelihood she was just going to concentrate on her illusion from round to round.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon