RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wild Card
Precious seconds go by as Long cooly and mechanically begins the final process of completing repairs on the ship's hyperdrive.  Through his link with the ship's computer he receives a broadcast message from the dock, "This is Holon Veil. All non security personnel evacuate the dock.  We are about to commence a raid on the impounded ship, Wild Card, for engaging in illegal acts....  If anyone is aboard the Wild Card, surrender now and leniency will be given."  The broadcast ends and Long, continuing his repairs, receives through the ships outboard camera feed images of dock personnel rushing to get the hell out of the area.  A minute goes by and Long diligently continues the last of his repairs...  

The ship rocks slightly as the laser cutter the security forces were powering up spews forth an intense and continuous red energy beam into the ship's hull.  Long is alerted by the ship immediately after the beam is activated.  A sickening sound of soft screeching echoes through the ship as the beam starts cutting into it's hull.
Quote this message in a reply
Long let's out a low binary mioan.

"Too soon, too soon."

Long decides to buy more time to get the ship ready, not sure how Captain Sunt and Dez will reach the Wild card, but knowing that if he just sits idle there will not be a Wild Card to get back to.

~"Exit Time"~

Long observes through the cameras as the entire docking area suddenly goes through explosive decompression as both the blast doors and energy fireld open.

He then attempts to reach Captain Sunt or Dez on comm-link.

~"You had better hurry. I have had to decompress the docking area. I may have to be flying the Wild Card somewhere to puick you up."~
The guards wail in terror as they realize they are about to be sucked out into the vacuum of space.  "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!"  Anything that wasn't bolted down was immediately sucked out of the hanger, or began drifting closer to the doors in the mad rush of air.  The guards try to grab on to something, anything, but they simply aren't strong enough as they slowly get pulled into empty space.   

His immediate problem solved Long finishes his repair on the main fusion reactor. He rolls a few feet back to admire his work, then the lights flicker a bit.

Over the crackle of interference, Captain Sunt responds, "Long?  How's the Wild Card?.. You did what?!... Okay, I think we are almost there, don't let anything happen to my baby, got it!"

[url=[1d20+20] = 2+20 = 22 , damage [1d6] = 5]Vacuum[/url] (-2 on condition track) They are still alive, but not for long. (Get it? Not for "Long")

Ooc - Is Long going to pilot the ship out of the dock or stay in place?
Here's the list of repairs needed, for reference.

- hyper-drive motivator fried
- shield generator power conduit burst
- main fusion reactor out of alignment (Repaired by Long)
- sensor dish operating at 1/2 range
- life support systems leaking
- refresher hot water inoperable
- automatic doors stick, power supply problem

With the main reactor now repaired the ship will have access to full power, bringing it's weapons back up to full power, and once the power conduit to the shield generator is repaired that should operate at full capacity.  Long find's it odd that the lights are still flickering on and off occasionally.  Make a Mechanics check.

"Long?  Hey hon, I hope I'm not bothering you but, the Wild Card won't give me access to the ship's systems.  I was attempting to run a diagnostic for you, without access I can't though.  Can you be a dear and help a girl out?"  
[Mechanics [1d20+14] = 10+14 = 24]

~Sorry, but access to ship's systems will need to wait until permission is granted by Captain Sunt, it would require override codes that he is in possession of. For now I am glad of your company.~

Suspicious that she is trying to access ships systems when I deliberately downloaded her to a partition. What was it Flik used to say.. enjoy the company of females, life is not worth living without them, but never trust one too far...

[OoC realize that her personality copy in the ship would actually be separate from her personality in the docking computers unless they are linked somehow]

Long reaches out to 'Escape' [the docking bay computers] 
~Alert me if anyone enters the docking facility or idf any vessels approach the outside of teh facility.~

He then gives similar directions to the Wild card's computer systems, to alert him if there is any mocvement outside, and then he sets to work as quickly as he can to repair the Shield Generator power conduit.

[Mechanics [1d20+14] = 2+14 = 16

He lets out a low binary moan when he realizes how badly the conduit is damaged.
[OoC: I realized that there are 3 types of repairs you could be making on the shield generator - Jury-rig which only lasts for an encounter, Repair Object which adds 1d8 hp to the object and raises it 1 step on the condition track, and Repair which takes 1 hour.  Good point about the personality matrix and cloning it.]

Long gets the sense that something is drawing extra power from the main reactor.... time for that later he decides as he goes to make repairs on the shield generator power conduit.  Taking the time to look over the damage the little droid realizes he will need more time and components.  Weren't there spare parts in one of the cargo bays?

"Will do toots.  The entrance portals have automatically closed their doors when they sensed a vacuum breach."
(03-21-2017, 01:50 AM)DM Nerdred Wrote: [OoC: I realized that there are 3 types of repairs you could be making on the shield generator - Jury-rig which only lasts for an encounter, Repair Object which adds 1d8 hp to the object and raises it 1 step on the condition track, and Repair which takes 1 hour.  Good point about the personality matrix and cloning it.]

Long gets the sense that something is drawing extra power from the main reactor.... time for that later he decides as he goes to make repairs on the shield generator power conduit.  Taking the time to look over the damage the little droid realizes he will need more time and components.  Weren't there spare parts in one of the cargo bays?

"Will do toots.  The entrance portals have automatically closed their doors when they sensed a vacuum breach."

[OoC would moving the shield generatior conduit up the condition track have any effect? Otherwise Jury Rig would not likely buy enough time.]

Long quickly rolls over to the cargo bay and begins cartaloging the supplies as fast as he can, wishing that Captain Sunt kept more accurate logs.
Long finds several bundles of thick droid wires among the pile of spare parts that he thinks will do the job for patching the damaged conduit. [Roll a Mechanics Check to Repair Object. Jury Rig will not be enough to fix the component long term, however, with Long's tools and expertise he could repair it in less time than a normal Repair job. So yes, moving it up the condition track will do the trick.]
Long desperately battles the horribly knotted tangle of wires, beeping several foul sounds in Binary in his frustration.

[Mechanics [1d20+14] = 2+14 = 16]
Sifting through the various droid parts in the cargo bay Long at least manages to catalog some of the droid parts that were in a pile. There's not enough to build another B2 like Captain Sunt's "Rust," but enough for parts for minor repairs or replacement parts.

-Remote processor (B1 series)
-Appentages (B1 series)
-Internal comlink
-2 vocabulators
-Remote receiver (B2 series)
-2 Plasteel Shells (B2 series)
-Tracks & wheels locomotion (R2 series & something else)
-3 Tool appendages
- 3 Magnetic feet
- 2 Claw appendages
- Hovering system
- Sensor package
- Synchronized Fire Circuits (B2 series)

More to follow.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon