RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wild Card
~Not quite what I anticipated, burt this will work. Does your friend here have access to tghe illumination controls in the cantina, or perhaps the sound systems?~

Then Long switches frequencies so that Dez and Captain Sunt can hear him.

~"Captain, I can see you may benefit from a distraction. Shall i attempt to arrange one?"~[/i]
Quote this message in a reply
(12-11-2016, 11:01 PM)Nerdred Wrote: Ooc - Were you concerned at all about your distance from the the bouncers? Lmao

Dez felt, more than heard, the slight click on the trigger of her grenade launcher before the cantina erupted in a cloud of red mist and chunks and a deafening boom that was sure to wake the neighbors.  Mr. Cheezy was now Mr. gooey and the frag grenade just added a dozen or so more piercings to Mr. Piercings.  The Captain smears some blood off his face with one of his pistol hands.

"I think I'll skip lunch today... Long, is that you?  I think we, she has everything under control here." The Captain says.

"Ahhhh! MY HAND! AHHHHHH! YOU KARKING SCHUTTA!" Mr. Piercings screams as he holds his mangled hand, his blaster no where in sight. It was probably buried under a pile of Mr. Cheezy.

"Oh my, I'll have to get the mop now."  F0G laments.
Long lets out a low Binary moan as his communications suddenl;y cut off with Captain Sunt and Dez.  It's as if he is being jammed.

He tests his communications link by opening a comm-link with escape.

~Hey dear, did we lose all links to the lower levels, or just to that room?~

Worried about sacridficing precious time getting the Wioldcard ready to make their escape, long hesitates about slicing into the lower level's security feeds.

~We need access to camera feeds to tell us what's going on. We have remote control over the station docking droids correct? Let's send one down there on an errand.~
"I lost communications too honey-buns.... It must be something jamming frequencies from that area." Escape replies dutifully.

"I will try to give them the command, but those docking droids are large and have never been off the docking bay. Hold on. The Wild Card is sensing someone approaching the ship."

Long begins receiving a new video feed directly from the ship.  This time a targeting camera near the fore lift is transmitting a view of approaching targets.  It's more of Holon's security guards, you see six at least, and they are pushing along a large box.  "We're being watched!" One of the guards shouts as it spots the camera and the blaster it's attached to.  Long can only guess at what's inside the box, perhaps some system designed to slice into ship controls?  "Activate the shield generator!"
Long lets out another low Binary moan.

He quickly shifts to connect his Scomp link to the ship rather than relying on wireless communication with the ship's systems.

Once he has control over the Docking Gun [OoC I am assuming that is the gun/camera combination he can see through] he uses his comm-link to make a request of Escape.

~Can I ask a favour, can you broadcast the following message in a generic male voice over the docking bay intercom in this docking bay only. "This ship is private property, unauthorized attempts to gain access will be met with force. Please do not approach or you will be fired upon. Thank you in advance for your compliance."~

He then broadcasts to Captain Sunt and Dez again, hoping they can hear his broadcast through the jamming.

~"Holon's security forces seem intent on gaining access to the Wild Card. If you do not find that pilot quickly I shall be forced to take rash action."~

He then through the Wild Card systems he activates the magnetic docking clamps on the landing gear of teh Wild Card. [Use Computer - routine command should not need a check. Hoping that tehre is no visible effect of magnetizing the landing gear.]

[OoC how flight ready is the Wild Card? What did Long get repaired? If Long warms up the engines would the ship be able to fly at all? How much visible effect would warming up the engines have?]
[OoC Hello, Hello, Hello... listening to the echo]
(01-27-2017, 04:32 AM)MK-L1G "Long Wrote: Long lets out another low Binary moan.

He quickly shifts to connect his Scomp link to the ship rather than relying on wireless communication with the ship's systems.

Once he has control over the Docking Gun [OoC I am assuming that is the gun/camera combination he can see through] he uses his comm-link to make a request of Escape.

~Can I ask a favour, can you broadcast the following message in a generic male voice over the docking bay intercom in this docking bay only. "This ship is private property, unauthorized attempts to gain access will be met with force. Please do not approach or you will be fired upon. Thank you in advance for your compliance."~

He then broadcasts to Captain Sunt and Dez again, hoping they can hear his broadcast through the jamming.

~"Holon's security forces seem intent on gaining access to the Wild Card. If you do not find that pilot quickly I shall be forced to take rash action."~

He then through the Wild Card systems he activates the magnetic docking clamps on the landing gear of teh Wild Card. [Use Computer - routine command should not need a check. Hoping that tehre is no visible effect of magnetizing the landing gear.]

[OoC how flight ready is the Wild Card? What did Long get repaired? If Long warms up the engines would the ship be able to fly at all? How much visible effect would warming up the engines have?]

Long has control of the docking gun and camera view.

Long can broadcast his message threw the ship since he establish a link.  The broadcast is delivered but long still sees the six security guards continue to set up some device.  It could be a laser cutter of unusual design.  He sees a translucent bubble of blue energy form around the team as a shield generator has been activated.

Long's broadcast is met with static.  

The clamp's activate with an audible but low hum and a small and brief vibration felt through the ship.  Long doubts the humans outside would have heard it over the shield generator's own hum of energy.

The Wild Card is flight ready.  Long just needs a bit more time to finish repairing the hyper-drive, these damn guards showed up and stopped him from completing the last bit of work.  [If all goes well, he thinks he can finish the job in approximately 3minutes]
[OoC would Long be able to continue repairs while monitoring the camera to see the security team's progress? If so he will resume repairs while monitoring their assault on the ship. He will take action before they breach the hull, but will delay that as long as possible to repair as much as he can]
Long could relinquish controls of the ship's defenses to Escape but that could take some time to download her programming into the ship's systems. He cannot do both at the same time however. But you were asking whether he could monitor the camera's while continuing repairs. Essentially, yes. Either the Wild Card or Escape could monitor the cameras then alert Long while he continues repairs.
[OoC I would trust the ships systems to be able to alert me if a hull breach was immanent.]

Long assigns the ships computer to alert him if anyone approaches within 36 meters, if a hull vbreach is immanent, or if anything gets attached to the hull. He then quickly resumes his repairs.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon