RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wild Card
(04-04-2017, 02:44 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: Long scans the unconscious Bothan then goes back to work making repairs.  His comm link crackles and comes to life. "Long, we found our pilot.  Get ready to receive us." He orders.  "How's my ship?" He adds with genuine concern.

Long responds quickly over the comm-link, making sure to include Dez in the channel.

~"Captain, the docking facilities are currently a vacuum exposed to space. I will search for where you can locate the nearest stock of air breathers. There should be a store outside the entrance to the docking facility for fire suppression teams in emergencies. How many passengers should I expect?"~

~"The Wild Card is much improved, we do not have shield capabilities yet, but I should be able to have those operational before we face pursuit. The Bothan's condition is unchanged, she is still resting in your quarters."~

Long then connects to the docking facility computers again via link;

~Escape, my sweet, can you map teh coordinates to the three nearest stocks of air breather equipment and air tanks outside the nearest entries to the docking facility from this bay? And inform me of their current registered inventories?.~

[Use Computer - Access Information [1d20+14] = 1+14 = 15 - good thing you cannot critical fail a skill check, but I best hope that the information is considered general not specific with that roll.]
[Use Computer - Access Information [1d20+14] = 6+14 = 20 - second attempt.]
Quote this message in a reply
Long connects successfully. Escape quickly begins accessing the information about breather masks and sends you this list.

- Malarag's Space Supplies (Located along one of the long corridors that connects the space dock to the outer ring)
- Security Station 6 (A security guard post)
- Yurt's Warehouse (A large storehouse for space junk and other oddities located along the outer ring)
[OoC remember Long is familiar with the station, having been here with Flik for years. Where is the rest of the grouyp in relation to these locations? Which are they likely to pass when returning from the lower mines? If they come back through tyhe bar (their last known location to long); or if they come via the main passages from themines (where long knew they wwere trying to get to).?]
(04-11-2017, 01:52 AM)MK-L1G "Long Wrote: [OoC remember Long is familiar with the station, having been here with Flik for years. Where is the rest of the grouyp in relation to these locations? Which are they likely to pass when returning from the lower mines?  If they come back through tyhe bar (their last known location to long); or if they come via the main passages from themines (where long knew they wwere trying to get to).?]

[OoC sorry, I should have added that info in the previous post]

- Malarag's Space Supplies (Located along one of the long corridors that connects the space dock to the outer ring.  The group will pass this little shop on it's way to the dock.)
- Security Station 6 (A security guard post.  There are two posts like this security station just outside each end of the space dock, there are many others spread out along the entire space port.  Station 6 is the one the group will pass on it's way to the ship.)
- Yurt's Warehouse (A large storehouse for space junk and other oddities located along the outer ring.  It is on the opposite side of the station from the party and the least likely to have what you are looking for.)

Long continues to make progress on the ship's shields.  They are working but at a reduced capacity.  (SR 20 instead of 30)
Satisfied for the moment Long begins monitoring the docking facility camera feeds as well as the Wild Card's external sensors. He rolls over to the targeting computer and warms up the docking gun (I assume that would be co-pilot's station on the Wild Card?). then he sends his message to Captain Sunt's comm-Link ` []Long's message -I, Jedi thread`
Long rolls along through the ship's main corridor, past the Captain's quarters where he found the barely living bothan, and up a ramp into the spacious cockpit. The cockpit has four stations, a shield operator station to the left, pilot and co-pilot seats directly ahead, and a sensor/communications station on the right. Long goes to the co-pilot's controls, finds an add-on control for the dock gun, and mans it. He takes note that the gun can deploy and operate automatically, but it will track and shoot all targets within range.
Long pauses only a second, then sets the docking gun to automatic, knowing it will blast any target that enters range, indiscriminately.

~"Captain, the docking gun is armed and on automatic, please let me know via comms when you are near the facility so i can switch to manual control. I am continuing repairs.."~

Long then races back to the engineering bay and resumes his repair of the shield conduit.
Long starts the arduous process of stripping the thin droid wires he found and welding them into the damaged power conduit.  As sparks flash with each weld, Long has time to consider the death of his former master.  Flik was a pretty agreeable master, the two thought alike when it came to the variant money making schemes, he would often become inebriated and leave Long to his own devices, and he never wiped his memory... He remembered the time they salvaged a wrecked freighter once, even though Holon claimed the ship, but all the cargo they found, well, it just disappeared.  Good times with the master.  Long paused for a moment to get another wire when a rumble shutters through the ship.

"Uh-oh sweet cheeks, I think someone is manually overriding the docking bay do....."  Her voice is cut-off suddenly.  Luckily Long copied her program into the ship.
Long quickly taps into the cameras to see what is occurring outside. Wondering why the docking gun has not started firing.

[OoC remember she is in a partition not in control of any ship systems, the Wild Card's old operating system is still in control, i didn't muck with that. I mean we just met, she's nice and all, but not sure I completely trust her. Okay, no i do not trust her lol]

[ooC2 what is meant by the docking bay doors? the main shield doors to space? or the entrance doors to the faciolity from the station?]
OoC - I wrote up a post about 4 hours ago and must've never hit the post button Sad

OoC1 - We are on the same page. The original program has been disabled somehow but her file is still safe, compartmentalized in the ship. I wouldn't trust her either, who knows how many viruses she has...

OoC2 - Ok, I may have been a little inconsistent here in my description of the space dock. Let's say that the main entrance was an energy barrier as seen in most if not all of the movies, and there is a backup door that slides into place in cases of emergency. Long would know this as he wrote a program to disable all of this as part of his "Exit Time" plan. In the time that Long has been repairing the ship someone, probably Holon's security has bypassed the programming and manually powered or de-powered the space dock doors. Personally I think it only makes sense to have a backup on a space station. It will still take time for the doors to close and the dock to pressurize. The entrance doors to the rest of the station would remain closed until then.

- Not everything was sucked out into space when the energy shield went down. Use your imagination, I may regret that, but things that conceivably have magnetic feet would remain in place such as, droids, ships, load lifters etc.

If Long attempts to communicate with the Captain or the others he is met with the same static as before.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon