RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
Are there any strong wooden beams about 8-10' long? The idea is to fasten the iron bars end to end along the beam, used as a brace, and where the iron bars meet also fasten gold jewelry to ensure the electricity flows all the way. Using silk clothes or items to tie/fasten everything together. Maybe there are already broken beams in the barracks or we could chop up the master's bed? If we work together we should be able to assemble this in 15-20 minutes if nothing goes wrong. Perhaps Murkatos can think of ways to improve on the idea since he's a blacksmith.
Lugar and Giant walk to the barracks and look around. Whatever timber is around is broken, inadequate for the purpose. The master bedroom's pillars are probably long enough but they hold the ceiling from collapsing. Getting one of them may be risky and if the ceiling collapses on the pillar while being dragged outside it may break as well.
Lugar will check the entry/foyer first, then the dining room looking for anything suitable. He won't risk causing a cave-in in the master bedroom, not just yet at least.

Ooc - I had thought the iron bars would be longer, like they were as long as a door. I suppose, what Lugar is trying to do is a bit of an anacronism, making a lightning rod.
OOC - he's a locksmith and apparently he has experience with shock traps... the gates are indeed intended to be half height and actually they don't even contain too many straight bars.
Like the left one on this picture. I suppose you expected the main one.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...68cbbf.jpg
(06-24-2016, 05:23 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - he's a locksmith and apparently he has experience with shock traps... the gates are indeed intended to be half height and actually they don't even contain too many straight bars.
Like the left one on this picture. I suppose you expected the main one.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...68cbbf.jpg

Ooc - Ahh, I see now. Thanks for going through the trouble to find a picture Smile Now, if only we had a wheel barrow and a holocaust cloak...
Ooc Not sure I'm following where you are heading with this...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
Have we enough iron bars yet? - he asks Lugar - We need a tower shield too.
Lugar thinks they have enough bars. Giant finds no tower shields in the guard room but he recalls there were two in the armoury, too high for the dwarf to reach it, though.

The two walk over to the lobby and find only rubble, no beams or shields. Moving on, the diner features lots of broken furniture with some tools and labour they may be able to assemble a plank of desired length. Not quite a beam but still.
"Yes a tower shield would be nice. Too bad the only decent armor is past the magic war machine in the cellar. If only there was a way to get it to stop attacking us..." Lugar grumbles.

Inside the dining room Lugar gets to work on finding the best plank to brace the iron bars. "Murkatos, Maul, get us some strips of cloth from the lady's room so we can tie these bars down will ya!" He calls out.

"Hey, Giant, do you think there are anymore spirits lurking about or do you think we got them all?" Lugar stops for a moment and wonders. He has a funny feeling like he's being watchedTongue
(06-30-2016, 08:15 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Yes a tower shield would be nice. Too bad the only decent armor is past the magic war machine in the cellar. If only there was a way to get it to stop attacking us..." Lugar grumbles.

Inside the dining room Lugar gets to work on finding the best plank to brace the iron bars. "Murkatos, Maul, get us some strips of cloth from the lady's room so we can tie these bars down will ya!" He calls out.

"Hey, Giant, do you think there are anymore spirits lurking about or do you think we got them all?" Lugar stops for a moment and wonders. He has a funny feeling like he's being watchedTongue

Hm, an iron door is like a big tower shield, hehe.

I think there is a corporeal one who can go across walls, we have heard it. Smile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon