RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
OOC it took me a while to figure out you referred to what I call the garden gates Smile
Yes, it can be done with some (time-consuming) manual labour but poking a construct (10' reach) with a bulky and clumsy pole (10' reach) while the pole's other end is grounded to the iron wall may be tricky.
(06-21-2016, 09:37 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Re construct --
"Well to be honest I had no idea it was an autonomous construct; I thought it's an apparatus that needs someone to drive and direct. This is why I didn't warn you in advance. But it did not change the fact that it did not attack me when I was there alone. And of course, Mister Dwarf can call it `luck`."

Giant is thinking very hardly and repeats his words. Smile

Hm, hm, we suppose you say the truth or we believe this tale. [pause-scratching his tongue]
So you think statue needs someone to direct it. Maybe the witch was near but we can't see her.[pause-scratching his tongue]
It did'nt attack you when you was there alone, this is fact as you said. [pause-scratching his tongue]
So, so, there is a second possibility, ... you are it's boss and that is the reason why did not attack you. [pause-scratching his tongue]
But what is your plan then, why do you play with us? [pause-scratching his tongue]
So you are in safe if you are alone. So, so you can bring each item to us if you are with us. Wink

ooc - or because his name is not on sarcophagi
ooc - or he was alone? he can try it again Smile

(06-21-2016, 09:37 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Re sword hilt --
Murkatos takes the hilt into his hands (if Lugar allows) and examines the bluish metal it's made of; the mummy wrap; the pommel that looks like a hard-boiled egg cut in half (oval in shape and flat when looking from the crossguard); and the crossguard that looks like the claws of an eagle (three prongs forward, one backward). Pointing at a nonfigurative emboss on the pommel he says. "This is the legendary sword that evokes the power of light. I wonder how it works; if it works at all. Anyway, great catch!"

Maul, you know the most about the key. What do you think this hilt is the key? Or this dagger? - he shows him the cur(v/s)ed dagger.

OOC - wow, a laser sword, great :-) or a lightning wand, not bad. Torin, hurry you have to identify some items Smile

(06-21-2016, 09:37 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Re rest --
Maul shakes his head.
"Rest is a luxury we cannot afford without losing Merri. Remember that we don't even know how long the gate back to our world remains open."

Without rest we have no chance again. So what's your plan then? We should go back with Meri and open a new gate...

Re door --
OOC - great observations; will credit to players but IC will play as if it came from one of the "smarter" characters Smile
Murkatos explains the anti-magic field.
"It is centered on the iron wall so maybe it's permanent and the iron wall has the ability to block the field when the door is closed. But if it's just a secondary trap triggered by the wall getting opened then it may be an ordinary spell, not a permanent one, that dissipates over time. In this case, the door would remain open but anti magic would no longer be part of the picture."

Lugar thinks that if he can make it up to the ceiling (about five feet above water) he may be able to reach the same runes and touch them to discharge more shocking energy. How to channel it to the construct is a good question.
Closing the iron wall is another good question. Maybe if he rotated some runes over and over again?

OOC - does Giant show the dagger he grabbed to someone?

Hm, and what does that mean?
- he doesn't understand his strange sentences.

ooc - yep.
Murkatos thinks a bit about Giant's ravings.
"I wouldn't think the controller was outside the construct. Personally I thought I should somehow get inside and control that way but now I'm pretty sure it's self-conscious. And no, I wouldn't go as far as stealing stuff. Remember what happened. I couldn't see it exactly but did you just pick up that dagger right before it attacked you? Did Lugar just pick up the hilt before it exhaled that sickly green cloud of fume?"

Maul looks at the dagger.
"All I know about the key is what the Chant says; Throw the first key into the Sea of Hate. I agree that the key may be any magic item, and an evil one at that. So if it is the key, what is the sea it is supposed to be thrown into? "

Murkatos marvels the craftmanship of the thing and tries to wield it many ways.
The dagger's blade is richly decorated and it's definitely made of the finest steel.
"I know it sounds strange but this knife seems to have just the perfect balance for stabbing, slicing or throwing. It seems to shift its own weight and assume the perfect balance depending on how you hold it."

On Giant's request to translate common to jellyfish Murkatos rephrases his statement as follows.
"Maybe bad wall can go boom boom on statue."
Lugar waits to see if the big muscular orc will punch him too... then he starts off towards one of the iron gates that block off the courtyard/garden.

As he marches away he calls out to the others, "Something gave that thing orders.  Let's go tear some of those patches off of the dead soldiers or stuff Murkatos in the mistresses clothes, I'm sure it won't attack a lady such as yourself." He grins to himself as he walks off.
"him" being Lugar or Murkatos? Smile
(06-21-2016, 01:35 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Murkatos thinks a bit about Giant's ravings.
"I wouldn't think the controller was outside the construct. Personally I thought I should somehow get inside and control that way but now I'm pretty sure it's self-conscious. And no, I wouldn't go as far as stealing stuff. Remember what happened. I couldn't see it exactly but did you just pick up that dagger right before it attacked you? Did Lugar just pick up the hilt before it exhaled that sickly green cloud of fume?"

No. I have picked up it after the statue hurt me. Lugar have picked the hilt up after too.

(06-21-2016, 01:35 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Maul looks at the dagger.
"All I know about the key is what the Chant says; Throw the first key into the Sea of Hate. I agree that the key may be any magic item, and an evil one at that. So if it is the key, what is the sea it is supposed to be thrown into? "

Chant? What chant? Who did say that? I can't remember.
I'm afraid of we will recognize it when we meet it, he-he.
So if we throw everything into the sea then the key must be among them, he-he-he.

Murkatos marvels the craftmanship of the thing and tries to wield it many ways.
The dagger's blade is richly decorated and it's definitely made of the finest steel.
"I know it sounds strange but this knife seems to have just the perfect balance for stabbing, slicing or throwing. It seems to shift its own weight and assume the perfect balance depending on how you hold it."

Giant makes some stabbing and slicing movement with dagger in the air. He tries it.

OOC - Good, it is perfect for throwing so we can throw it ... into the sea Wink

(06-21-2016, 01:35 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: On Giant's request to translate common to jellyfish Murkatos rephrases his statement as follows.
"Maybe bad wall can go boom boom on statue."

Ahaaam, but how?
Ooc - to be clear, Lugar is going to hack/saw away at an iron bar, at least one, then go back to the barracks looking for a relatively intact insignia patch. Whether it be on a cloak or hat or sash. Lol, @ throw it into the sea!
Ooc - the statue attacked us after we laid hands on Murkatos, and there's no way in hell it would've missed him unless it did so on purpose, or rolled a 1. Lugar has 14int and 12wis, it might come to his mind after a few minutes or so. While we were fighting would've been a good time to take out Maul unless he was hoping the statue would do all the work. He did tell us the creatures weakness though. Very conflicting evidence. Hmmm
OOC - for the records. Murkatos was not hit first because there was no AOO since he was behind Lugar's cover. The description of the huge sword barely missing him above Lugar's head was just fluff Smile
OOC - since you didn't specify I assume you are all at the east garden gate since that's the one closest to the cellars.

Lugar keeps pounding on a few iron bars until finally he manages to get four of them, two feet and a half each (for a total of ten feet) then heads towards the barracks.
Meanwhile Giant... ?
(06-22-2016, 07:26 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - for the records. Murkatos was not hit first because there was no AOO since he was behind Lugar's cover. The description of the huge sword barely missing him above Lugar's head was just fluff Smile
OOC - since you didn't specify I assume you are all at the east garden gate since that's the one closest to the cellars.

Lugar keeps pounding on a few iron bars until finally he manages to get four of them, two feet and a half each (for a total of ten feet) then heads towards the barracks.
Meanwhile Giant... ?

Giant rests a bit then he helps Lugar.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon