RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
Huh, it was close, dude! - he says and pats on Lugar's shoulder after he finishes his rage (this means thanks in half-orcish Smile) - Let's go up in hurry. Maul is right, exceptionally.
Ooc hp in my signature should be correct unless he was hit again.

"Ugh, I think I left my innards back there." He nods to giant.
OOC - Just as I suspected; your HP on roll20 is incorrect then. I will review the forum thread and take it as the primary source to make sure. Until further notice, let's assume you have 23 / 45 hp. Cool!

"Go up and what?" Maul asks with his usual (lack of) politeness.
Lugar goes straight for Murkatos to deliver a solid punch to his gut. He'd punch him in the face if he wasn't so short. "You almost gut us killed you fool!"
Then to Maul he replies in anger. "Heal! We need to recover and plan before we go back in there." Lugar holds his bloody side then adds,"if we go back."
The armourer is caught unprepared by the dwarf's violent mood but even so Lugar fails as pain breaks his move. Still, the young man reacts with an outburst as if he'd been smashed squarely in the abdomen.

"Fool of a dwarf! Didn't it occur to you that the construct picked you?! It had no problems while I was the only one inside! And when I told you to back out all you did was getting on its opposite side to make your own sorry ass harder to save!"

Maul interjects.
"You wondered in despite my warning but don't blame each other. Let's see what can we do in the little time remaining."

While talking, the priest looks up Lugar's wound and invokes Pelor's might. (+23hp)

"We need to devise a plan, a good one" the armourer replies, somewhat calmed down. "Apparently this war machine is the big prize so we should incapacitate but not destroy it. Shock or lightning skies it down and we might be able to limit its sight. Any other observations you made?"
"Fool! Me?! You're lucky that behemoth didn't squish you like a spider.... errrrgh."  He growls at Murkatos. "Thank you Maul." He sighs as new life invigorates him and his own anger subsides, for the moment.  If Dwarves could hold a grudge, Duergar could be twice as bad.

"The door.  Maybe we can rig the door to release it's electricity somehow.  Unless you know of a way to bring lightning down from the sky, the door is the only thing I can think of.  Let's test your theory out Armorer, you go in there and ask it nicely to touch that door."  

He hold out the bladeless sword to show the group.  "At least it wasn't all for nothing.  Can either of you tell what this is capable of, or is it just a broken heirloom?"

Ooc -  from Lugar's examination of the iron door does he know how to close it again or make set off the trap while it's open?
(06-20-2016, 02:48 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - Just as I suspected; your HP on roll20 is incorrect then. I will review the forum thread and take it as the primary source to make sure. Until further notice, let's assume you have 23 / 45 hp. Cool!

"Go up and what?" Maul asks with his usual (lack of) politeness.

What what? - he answers with his usual anti-politeness - Go up and dry ourselfs ... and regroup of course.
(06-20-2016, 07:45 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The armourer is caught unprepared by the dwarf's violent mood but even so Lugar fails as pain breaks his move. Still, the young man reacts with an outburst as if he'd been smashed squarely in the abdomen.

"Fool of a dwarf! Didn't it occur to you that the construct picked you?! It had no problems while I was the only one inside! And when I told you to back out all you did was getting on its opposite side to make your own sorry ass harder to save!"

No problem? You are the problem. You know about this walking huge statue and how it works, how strong it is, why don't you warn us in time, smartass?

(06-20-2016, 07:45 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: "We need to devise a plan, a good one" the armourer replies, somewhat calmed down. "Apparently this war machine is the big prize so we should incapacitate but not destroy it. Shock or lightning skies it down and we might be able to limit its sight. Any other observations you made?"

Yeah, we need a plan. Rest, for example and examine the items.

ooc - Source of lightning was in door, but anti-magic field is on the door. So is anti-magic field active only when door is open?
The party climbs up to the kitchen to gather themselves and dry them up.

Re construct --
"Well to be honest I had no idea it was an autonomous construct; I thought it's an apparatus that needs someone to drive and direct. This is why I didn't warn you in advance. But it did not change the fact that it did not attack me when I was there alone. And of course, Mister Dwarf can call it `luck`."

Re sword hilt --
Murkatos takes the hilt into his hands (if Lugar allows) and examines the bluish metal it's made of; the mummy wrap; the pommel that looks like a hard-boiled egg cut in half (oval in shape and flat when looking from the crossguard); and the crossguard that looks like the claws of an eagle (three prongs forward, one backward). Pointing at a nonfigurative emboss on the pommel he says. "This is the legendary sword that evokes the power of light. I wonder how it works; if it works at all. Anyway, great catch!"

Re rest --
Maul shakes his head.
"Rest is a luxury we cannot afford without losing Merri. Remember that we don't even know how long the gate back to our world remains open."

Re door --
OOC - great observations; will credit to players but IC will play as if it came from one of the "smarter" characters Smile
Murkatos explains the anti-magic field.
"It is centered on the iron wall so maybe it's permanent and the iron wall has the ability to block the field when the door is closed. But if it's just a secondary trap triggered by the wall getting opened then it may be an ordinary spell, not a permanent one, that dissipates over time. In this case, the door would remain open but anti magic would no longer be part of the picture."

Lugar thinks that if he can make it up to the ceiling (about five feet above water) he may be able to reach the same runes and touch them to discharge more shocking energy. How to channel it to the construct is a good question.
Closing the iron wall is another good question. Maybe if he rotated some runes over and over again?

OOC - does Giant show the dagger he grabbed to someone?
Ooc - Lugar is mad at Murkatos for what he did, he does not hate the man, just the behavior. His payback might be sated after a few petty tricks, like tying his shoelaces together when he's not looking or stealing something valuable Smile Besides, if he can make Murkatos feel guilty enough maybe Murkatos will craft him a new Warpick, one that does bludgeon or pierce damage like a real one.

Lugar lets the armorer examine the hilt. As a former soldier he knows the value of teamwork. When Murkatos is finished explaining the weapons we found he tells the group he thinks he can activate the Lightning from the door again but he needs something long and metallic, like gold, to channel it to the Statue. Perhaps removing a few of the iron bars, with the scimitar, leading to the courtyard and fastening them together they could make a pole long enough to touch the Statue from the door?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon