RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
Lugar heaves one end of the rope towards the statue's head and utters the command "coil and tie!"
The rope reaches the head of the construct and starts snaking around irresistibly once... twice... thrice... two of which actually cover part of its vision (-1 AC and everybody has concealment (but not total concealment)).

Lugar cuts the rope as well and a surge of energy erupts on the place of the cut, sending streaks of lightning all around, engulfing the statue and the orc. (-6hp for Giant. Lugar is still protected by the armorer's spell)

Giant's turn!
Giant is angry, very angry so he almost goes into rage but no. He is withdrawing from melee combat. He uses tumble or swim (under water) which one is better for him Smile
Giant takes a deep breath and starts crawling along the bottom towards the exit. The construct slashes towards the half-orc as he ducks but hits idle water and the orc eventually reaches his destination (half movement due to firm footing; roll20 updated and you still have a std action)

"Way to go!" Murkatos calls out in response to the thunderbolt, excited. "This will slow it down for a few seconds, maybe half a minute!"

Maul moves closer to the door, letting Giant pass and reaching out towards the entrance to aid Lugar if he would need a pull. "Move!"

The statue turns to focus on Lugar and emits a cloud of sulphurous fog on its mouth while tearing the rope apart. Lugar inhales deeply and feels the debilitating effect that would knock mostly everyone out, dwarves included. But not the mighty duergar.

Lugar's turn!
Lugar hesitates for a fraction of a second as he looks at the bladeless hilt but grabs it anyway. At Maul's urging he dives in the water and skims the bottom as he takes a circuitous route back to the door.

Ooc unable to roll or get on roll20, please make rolls for me. I'll look into the tapatalk thing.
Pick in one hand, falchion in another, and bladeless hilt beetween his teeth, the dwarf ducks.
With the mischievous waters playing on the dwarf's hands, the huge sword skids off the mithril shirt (OOC - no FD / CE when not fighting Sad so your AC is about 20 but concealment gave you a helping hand)
The dwarf gets closer to the exit but still twenty feet to go... (OOC - one move action to take the hilt and one move action to move at half speed i.e. 10 feet).

Giant's turn!
(06-17-2016, 06:47 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Giant takes a deep breath and starts crawling along the bottom towards the exit. The construct slashes towards the half-orc as he ducks but hits idle water and the orc eventually reaches his destination (half movement due to firm footing; roll20 updated and you still have a std action)

ooc - std action?

My plan was:
 - Giant moves full round (withdraw) next to Maul so he can heal him. (4d8+7?)
 - Construct makes aoo against Giant so Lugar can pick up hilt without aoo
 - SG drops dagger and one of his blade.
 - Giant after cure goes back with rage to distract construct's attention and to pick up his axe from underwater (aoo but he is underwater)
 - So Lugar can leave without aoo

If Maul (DM) doesn't want to heal him he picks up his axe instead as standard action Smile

ooc - I cant see roll20 now
Ooc minor detail, Lugar dropped the pick to make the rope attack but I'm not complaining if he was able to pick it up again Smile

Lugar continues to swim along the bottom towards his companions urgent calls. He will grab Giant's axe since it's by the door.

Ooc if Lugar reaches Giant on his turn and he grabs his wrist could SG move us both on his turn? I ask because Giant is faster and we both could move on his turn helping our action economy. Lugar could grab his axe on the way out saving him an action?
Re Giant's plan:
- Maul sacrificed one of his two Restoration spells to cure Giant for 25hp. In this case Maul stayed next to Murkatos.
- construct made AOO vs Giant indeed but missed due to concealment. Unfortunately this did not cover Lugar as its turn was between them.
- Then Lugar grabbed the bladeless sword and started out leaving his pick behind, reaching half distance. Again, the construct missed on concealment.
- Next turn.
- Enraged, the orc goes back to goad the impassionate guardian and pick up his axe. This implies AOO and no concealment this time

About Lugar being dragged by Giant
- it works in terms of speed but provokes AOO the same way Maul did when dragged Merri.
- Lugar can try to pick up something from bottom with a sleight of hand check DC 20 (due to being underwater and being dragged)
- first and foremost you must be at the same place at the same time. Giant can't make it there and back again tho round. Lugar absolving the rest of distance this round and Giant dragging him on the next one is an option, though no need for dragging anymore if Lugar's already out.
Giant will pick up Lugar or his axe and withdraw if he is still alive.
As Giant picks up his axe the construct slams him hard (-26hp) but then he's out of the construct's reach behind the relatively tight and low iron wall.

Murkatos shouts helplessly, "Get the f*ck out!"
Maul groans as he observes the barbarian stumbling forward from the hearty slam.

The construct turns its attention back to the underwater dwarf and Lugar feels a heavy smash as his armor is probed up to the final sparks of ts enchantment (OOC - missed by 1, again...)
Lugar crawls on, along the bottom, to avoid being exposed, and eventually reaches the exit. Crawling through between Giant's legs he emerges in safety next to Maul who pushes him towards the dry ground behind the elevated stairs and starts checking over his wounds, surely affected by exposure to water. "Move to dry land!" he orders.

With the construct showing no interest in following the thieving scoundrels, the party gets some breathing space.

OOC - battle over. Correct me if I'm wrong:
Giant - 14+14 / 77+14 due to rage (will be down to 14/77)
Lugar - 6 / 45 hp
Maul - unscathed (used one level 4 healing so far)
Murkatos - unscathed (used one prot from energy so far)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon