RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account




$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5


[IC] Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
#21
(06-09-2016, 10:57 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Murkatos shakes his head, still staring at the statue but already snapped out of the distraction.
"My spells are limited. Maul?"

Maul is still back on the stairs and he replies in a nervous tone.
"Get out of there guys before it's too late."

What's with you? Relax. You wanted to open the door. (free action)

Giant steps 5 ft. backward and readying his new weapons axe against something (depending on what he can spot, std action)

ooc - is this statue large or huge?

Giant stays next to Lugar and looks around (spot, listen). He is looking for a "key"-like item and for gold of course.
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....3#pid10233

Giant stays next to Lugar, behind Murkatos touching (grabbing) his cloak/robe, then he looks around (spot, listen). He is looking for a "key"-like item and for gold of course. (roll20 updated). He is readying if the arcane witchcrafter wants to touch his warmachine and use it against us he will pull him back with one hand. He still not trusts him.
Hey Murkatos, what do you know about your warmachine?
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....9#pid10269
#22
ooc - I was going to ask the same thing. If nothing is happening, like statue coming to life or door closing them in or Murkatos going nuts over the vault, then Lugar will grab Murkatos and pull him out of the vault like Maul suggested. Also, since we are inside the vault what does the ceiling look like? Are there any glowing neon keys marked with Hate in bold letters?
#23
" massive iron statue of a warrior in full plate, at least twelve feet high, leaning on an equally oversized greatsword."

ooc - hey DM, didn't you say it is adamantine? It's "ONLY" a large iron construct... we have a chance, not too much, but we have Smile
#24
Ooc - we already knew it is adamantine because of the legend Murkatos spoke of earlier. At least that's what we should suspect, even if Lugar didn't say it. So I get that Lugar is the first to act but what prompted the initiative check? Did the statue begin to move? Was it Murkatos behavior or Maul's warning?
#25
The iron is a typo in an old version of my text. You guys can all tell difference between the two.

The event that triggered the initiative is the minor movements Lugar spotted. If it's about to attack or speak is not yet known but Lugar can imagine both easily.

The event Giant acts on is Lugar's action please wait for him before making final statement.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
#26
The subtle movements of the large adamantine statue alert Lugar to danger.  "Markatos was right," he thinks to himself then reacts instinctively.  "It's alive!"  He shouts as he draws his  short-heavy falchion, knowing full well the mythic strength of adamantine.  It was a metal revered by all dwarves, to see it come to life was awe inspiring for the warrior rogue.  (Lugar holds his action waiting to see the statue's intent, is it waiting for orders or protecting the vault he wonders? Talking and drawing his weapons should have been free actions for him, now he is holding his pick and the falchion)
#27
OOC - it just occurred to me that my pick I use around the house is a two-handed tool. How come military picks are one-handed, even the heavy one? Smile
OOC2 - Thanks for reminding me of Giant looking around and also trying to grab Murkatos.

Lugar prepares for the worst (OOC total defense? or readied what action against what event?) and his shout snaps the armorer out of his professional curiousity.

Glancing around there are no objects Giant would perceive as keys. He can see
a rune-engraved halberd;
a two-handed sword with jet black blade and a large ruby adorning the crossguard;
a greatclub ending in a clenched fist of granite;
a cloth-wrapped handle of the sword, including the crossguard but no blade;
a pair of curved daggers;
a yellow-hued chain mail;
a green-white checkered kite shield.

"Hey Murkatos, what do you know about your warmachine?" he inquires as he grabs the armorer's cape at the same time.
The poor armorer yells aloud in surprise and instinctively tries to evade the muscular hand and succeeds in tearing his cape out of Giant's hand. The half-orc feels as if his martial capability would've been assaulted in the presence of such danger, including his raw strength.

The armorer realises what both Lugar and Giant attempt to tell him and scurries outside. The construct comes to life but can't make a quick and clean attack of opportunity on Murkatos before he could exit the room, darting straight through the priest and stopping right at the background.
"Stop it but don't destroy it," he sends the message to the warriors but it's easy to realise that he's completely clueless on how to do so.

Maul prays to Pelor but Lugar and Giant perceive no effect. Maul curses.
"Magic is dampened!

The construct, having missed the opportunity to slice the armorer in half, turns on the dwarf.
Lugar's AOO!
#28
Lugar feels the woosh of the giant greatsword swing overhead as it swings at Murkatos.  He takes this chance to tumble across the water filled vault to flank the Statue but receives a massive blow from the sword.  Recovering from his wound he slashes at the Statue's heels, his blade sliding off harmlessly.  He is thinking, "how will we overcome this adamantine beast?"
#29
OOC - will include Lugar's post in mine to preserve chronology. Also edited it to make more sense (to me at least...) I also would like to mention that I failed to include the terrain (3' deep in water) in the Tumble DC, let alone the description of "deep bog" in section "wilderness"...

The huge sword comes down hard, on the other hand, hitting AC 30, causing severe pain for the dwarf (25 20 HP).

Lugar feels the pain caused by the giant greatsword buried deep into his side. Shaking off the agony with a groan he takes this chance to tumble across the water filled vault to flank the Statue but receives a massive blow from the sword.  Recovering from his wound he slashes at the Statue's heels, his blade sliding off harmlessly.  He is thinking, "how will we overcome this adamantine beast?"

Giant's turn.
#30
(06-13-2016, 01:48 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Maul prays to Pelor but Lugar and Giant perceive no effect. Maul curses.
"Magic is dampened!

No magic?

(06-13-2016, 02:43 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar feels the woosh of the giant greatsword swing overhead as it swings at Murkatos.  He takes this chance to tumble across the water filled vault to flank the Statue but receives a massive blow from the sword.  Recovering from his wound he slashes at the Statue's heels, his blade sliding off harmlessly.  He is thinking, "how will we overcome this adamantine beast?"

Adamantine?

Giant drops his magic axe, draws two adamantine blades, makes 5ft steps and attacks the beast in full round. Stay there you rusted statue!

right hand - AC 32
left hand - AC 27
second attack - AC 14

DM, please roll dmg, I don't know the dices for blades (d8?)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Forum software by © MyBB - Custom theme © iAndrew 2014 - All Material and Content © artCain, HJCain, and RPGAddicts 2009 - 2015
     
ABOUT US
A gaming group started in late 2005 when several members (from all over the world) came together on a long-running forum website called Plothook.net (formally known as Highmoon.net). Several games transformed from a by-the-book format to highly modified versions that became new hybrid systems with completely custom rules and abilities. Ten years later, these faithful players wanted to secure their work and their stories, becoming the basis of these forums.