RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
In dining hall, two doors: north open, leads to lobby. East open, leads along corridor (featuring collapsed guest rooms) to kitchen.
Maul has no light. Maul has darkvision.
Will check roll20 soon.
Lugar nods to everyone, in agreement, then he hides as well (please roll for me) and sneaks out into the north lobby. Hopefully his Elven cloak will conceal his presence enough while he waits, in the corner behind a pillar or other cover, to ambush the corporeal undead from behind after it enters the lobby. On his way out the doorway he whispers to Silent Giant, "I will attack after you fire."

Ooc - he hopes to attack with the light-sword if he can get it to work again. And maybe its presence alone will scare the creature. He still has his daggers and short falchion if that doesn't work. I will update my signature later with the force damage.
(07-05-2016, 11:47 AM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar nods to everyone, in agreement, then he hides as well (please roll for me) and sneaks out into the north lobby. Hopefully his Elven cloak will conceal his presence enough while he waits, in the corner behind a pillar or other cover, to ambush the corporeal undead from behind after it enters the lobby. On his way out the doorway he whispers to Silent Giant, "I will attack after you fire."

Giant nods. He waits a bit so Maul and Murkatos has some time to go round and we can hunt down the target.

ooc - I always forgot Maul's goggles
Lugar said he won't attack until Giant shoots, but that doesn't mean he can't scout ahead. From his hiding place he summons the energy to make himself invisible, an ability the Duergar learned long ago from their enemies. (Should last 6-7mins) Lugar will venture out and find the source of their worries...
As Lugar ventures forth to the mansion gate he can hear a choir of grown-up men shouting in unison,

"You little gnome and your @#&+ .. old fart duergar and nasty orc friends will do the best if you just let us pass."

Peeking through the door ajar he spots a young gnome (not fully grown) hiding before a black bear, about ten feet from the gate. Further down, almost at the end of this straight tunnel section, are two figures engulfed in flames. One is just about the same size as the young gnome; the other one is larger and bulkier. Just like a dwarf.
These aren't ghosts at all, well maybe those fiery chaps yonder might be... Nah, probably some sorcery at work. Cheaters! (My kinda fellows he thinks)

Lugar's ears turn red as someone slings the nasty words, "Old fart Duergar!" He listens and grinds his teeth at the insults slung at himself and his adventuring companion Silent Giant. I'll teach you a thing or two about Orcs and Grey Dwarves you meddling gnomes, he thinks to himself. Grrrrr! Gnomes! Master Geddin must have sent his minions to pick our corpses dry after fighting the blasted war machine downstairs.... Hmmm, I've got something for you, you sneaky little bastards. An invisible devilish grin slithers across old Lugar Bargrimm's tattooed face.

A little while later he has a suitable mixture of the sweet ancient Elven wine and some Oil of Taggit. Bears like honey don't they? The Elven wine had a consistency just like honey too! Hehehe, he laughs inwardly! Now, for the hard part, how to deliver it to the big bear without being noticed?

Ooc- the oil of Taggit initially does nothing but the secondary effect is unconsciousness Fort DC15, the victim I believe has to roll twice for poisons, first and secondary effects? Hoping the animal instincts will draw it to the sweet tasting wineWink If memory serves me, the tunnel is 5' wide? Could Lugar squeeze past the little Gnome (Toot) or is there not enough room?
After Lugar has disappeared Giant whispers to himself "Witchcraft". He waits few seconds and goes forward into the next room very slowly and carefully. (He repeats these: he moves 5ft and looks around (spot and listen)). He thinks Maul had enough time to reach the guardroom too so he can begin to hunt down his favored enemy.
OOC
it takes a few rounds for Lugar to prepare for his plan (applying oil and brandy on rations and similar stuff). Let's wait for Toot's reaction to the dwarven outburst.

The victim has to roll twice for poisons, but the two effects are independent i.e. if he fails the first save but makes the second he won't become unconscious.

es, the tunnel is 5' wide. Lugar can "squeeze" past with all its side effects (half speed, -4 attack, -4 AC) and he has to make a MS check (again, halves speed) first. Also, you can't end your move in enemy square, so since your move is 20 (40 per round in battle), halved twice for moving silently and squeezing, all you can do is entering Toot's space and leaving it, while executing any free action (like, dropping the rations) there. BTW it's not Toot but the bear that occupies more space...
An alternative option is to try to throw your bait as a grenadelike weapon into Boo's square.
You may take -5 MS to move 15 ft (more than half but less than full) and -20 MS to move 20 ft. (full speed while squeezing)
If you fail moving silently (or noticed for whatever reason) you have to do a bull rush or tumble to get past.

By the way Giant also heard the swearing a capella and understood as well, at least the "nasty orc" part. (well, does it qualify as offensive if you state the obvious? Smile ) It occurs to him that no mindless undead can throw around such tirades. (noting that the word 'tirade' is probably beyond Giant's vocabulary as well)
(It or they he doesn't know).
So they are not mindless undead - he thinks. So they must be more dangerous undead like Sirith was (The wtalking undead). But he hopes they are corporeal undead because they had left some noise and track before.

Giant is not offensive (yet) he is carefully. He doesn't have any reason to think there are friends in such place. Here was a stranger named Murkatos. He has doubt about Murkatos sometimes. More strangers are more suspicious.

Nasty orc, nasty orc, nasty orc - he is thinking about but he doesn't know any nasty orc here. (Giant thinks he is a half-human and not nasty Smile ) If he can resolve the encoded message then it must be an insult of an undead how knows about them.

ooc - Does Giant know Lugar is a duergar and what does duergar mean? I think Giant knows only Lugar is some rare kind of dwarves.
Ooc- I went with the Elven wine because Lugar has no rations, doh! I will gladly wait.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon