RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
"I have unfiished business but not in a mood to get to the end of it," the elf notes sarcastically. "Let's go."

"Other priests of Pelor can dispatch such undead as effectively as I can turn them," Maul replies. "Unless it's strictly bound to this place somehow. Either case, our best bet is to use force effects."

"Which I've run out of" Merri adds.

"Me too, but I could come up with some after a good night's rest... and with a borrowed spellbook." Murkatos comments.
The party descends the ladder which proves to be safe, only the last step above water gives in under the half-orc's weight but the remaining two steps underwater are equally safe. The water proves to be a bit less than three feet deep and as such it's fairly deep for the dwarf and the ceiling is fairly low for the half-orc. Brandishing two-handed weapons may be an issue for him and for Merri as well.

There's slience down here, aside from the splashing water. In the dim light of the everburning light mace Merri needs to see anything other than pitch black it seems to be an ordinary cellar. At least, once it was. Some wooden planks and pieces of broken barrels float on the surface and earthlike mounds line the walls; once they must have been sacks of flour, grains, vegetables or other food. The large chunks of smoked meat hanging from the ceiling are also eaten by blight in this moist climate.

The architecture is fairly simple. Stout stone pillars hold the cellar's ceiling and it's mostly a single open space spanning the entire base of the mansion, aside from a rectangular area confined within stone walls, about fourty by fifty feet. There seems to be a single entrance to this confinement; a massive iron door.
(01-13-2016, 07:04 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: "Other priests of Pelor can dispatch such undead as effectively as I can turn them," Maul replies. "Unless it's strictly bound to this place somehow. Either case, our best bet is to use force effects."

Yeah, force effect, I agree.
Hm, I thought we continue on this floor first...
OOC - sorry my oversight. Not a showstopper though. Please ignore the post above and I'll come up with an updated map towards the dining room and stuff.
OOC - i'll take half of the salt block, the Haversack can hold up to 80 lbs and there's plenty of room

Lugar waits patiently for the rest of the group to collect themselves and broods on a final battle with that "ghost."

"I got a force effect for that cackling ghost," Says Lugar as he swings his pick in a mock attack at the ghost, as if it were right in front of him. "If it tries to drain me I'll bury us both in that Lord's bed chamber with a cave in. I bet one good swing on those posts would send the whole mountain in on us. And who knows, maybe a thousand years will pass and some fool adventurers will find me bones and think I was a king once. Ha! Better to die like that than get poked to death!"
(map updated)
South of the kitchen door, the party has to scale quite some rubble with absolutely no easy way to access whatever's south of the kitchen. Past the rubble, though, the corridor turns west and eventually ends in the dining room that features those pieces of broken furniture. There are three doors to the south and the usual cast iron garden gate to the north.
Giant opens the first door.
Lugar follows Giant, doing his best to inspect the doors for signs of a possible collapse.
There's no need to look for signs. All three doors lead to former guest rooms, now all collapsed, featuring as much debris as the guard room or the library. There's no apparent value that could be salvaged; no stairs or other way out. The circle seems to have been closed.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon