RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beginnings and Endings. ~ James only ~
James turns his head side to side as if looking for someone right next to him.  He had never heard voices in his head before. Fascinating, he thinks. You're a mutant too? There are lots of kids like me at your school? Why would you want to help me to control this, this gift I have?  I don't even know you. James thinks, wondering just how much this Professor can hear, err listen to, err whatever mind-readers, oh ,read, duh. Wait, he just heard that didn't he...

"Mom! You know how much I love to play!  I think, well maybe I should at least try out this place.  After all, I am going to have to prepare for college soon.  Maybe we should at least try it out?"  James was a little more than eager after the events of the night to escape his parents overbearing ways.  After all, maybe if he followed this professor he could find out more about people like him.  Maybe he could find out more about those teens he saw tonight and what happened to Lisa and his new friend Johnny. "Please Dad, can I go?  It's what I want! Besides, it's not safe for me here."
Quote this message in a reply
You father listens but then asks, "What do you mean, you're not safe here?"
"Umm, you know, like the stuff that happened tonight. Don't you remember?" James is trying to be protective of his mom, not sure how she would take it hearing about some of the things he saw.

Ooc - I believe James and his dad saw Johnny, Samba, and Blink and some of their powers. Also, is Jame's dad aware now what he can do? If so he might be worried about his own safety or drawing too much attention to his quiet house.
"How does what happened tonight put you in special danger," your father replies.  "How does being sent away to some special boarding school protect you?  They must have a lot of students to watch while we would only have you.  Maybe we should take a second look at homeschooling, with the windows open..."
James is at a loss for words. He can't tell if his dad made up his mind or not. He looks at the strange professor in the floating wheel chair, the attractive Asian woman standing next to him, he looks back to his parents, so simple and ordinary. What was I thinking, I'm no hero. Those kids are special, he thinks about the teens with superpowers that came and went like a late night storm. I should just stay here where it's safe like my father says. "I guess you're right dad... It's not my place to say anyway, I'm just a kid. I'll go to my room and clean up." He sloshes in his slippers towards the stairs, shoulders slouched like normal.
"Mr. Carter," the Professor says when James is about to turn around.  "The Institute is a small school but we take our security seriously.  We know parents are concerned about the safety of their children when they are away so we have increased security at the school.  We also have several onsite councilors which live onsite who are there to help the students 24 hours a day."

"Yeah, well, James is special and I doubt your school could handle some of the trouble he can get into."

Your mother looks at your father strangely.  She had no idea what her husband could be referring to.  James has always been such a shy and quiet boy.

"I assure you, Mr. Carter.  Our school is prepared for almost ANY problem a student might have and not only are we prepared but we will also do everything we can to help him with overcome those problems."

Your father looks at the Professor strangely and then slowly shifts his eyes to look at you.  "Are you sure this is the place you want to go?"
[Hello....]
Ooc -  Sorry, work has been kicking my butt and pretty much stalled my posting.

A glimmer of hope returns to James.... He turns back to his father, his mother, the professor, and the asian woman.  He always wanted to be a hero.  If this professor was teaching a group of mutants like him, like the group of other kids that came this night, then maybe this was his chance.  Maybe he could find out who these people were, who he was, and what happened to Lisa of course.  "I'm sure."
Your father looks at your mother who then looks at you.  He finally replies, "Fine.  We will give it a couple of weeks.  But if things don't work out then you're getting your butt back here!"

The Professor smiles and asks, "When would you like him to join the Institute?  We can accept him as early as tonight."

"Tonight," your mother exclaims and then goes dead silent.

James looks at his mother and notices she's not moving.  Looking over at your father, he's frozen like a statue as well.  The Professor turns his chair toward you and then says, "Do not worry James.  I wanted to have a moment to talk just to you so I am speaking with you mind to mind at the speed of thought.  I wanted to make sure you understood the offer I place before you.  We are more than a school.  We also teach our students how to control their powers.  Everyone at my Institute is like you.  I will be honest with you and say that even though we try to make sure the school is a safe environment there are times when people who don't like people like us may come looking for trouble.  But we have school defenses that have thus far been more than a match for any troublemakers.  So, does the Institute sound like a place you would like to try out for a few weeks?" 
James is a little taken aback by the sudden change of reality, he is caught just examining the utter stillness of his parents when the Professor speaks to him...

"Well sir, I mean Professor, I suppose that my family would be safer without me. I mean, that, until I can learn how to control these, gifts as you say, I shouldn't be around normals.... I want to help people, not hurt them, and I'm not worried about me, I deal with bullies all the time.... I guess that sounds pretty naive." James adjusts his glasses a moment there's something on his mind. "I should tell you, there's a girl who lives in that house next door. She seemed sad and, well, I feel I should help her somehow. Do you know what happened tonight, sir?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon