RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] The Dwarven Ruins
So dimension door it is. From/to where (pls mark on map), with which door open? (If I get it correctly the goal is to keep the key so it means all doors locked?)

I also need Portho's confirmation that he's satisfied with the events

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
I marked the PCs in the map. All doors are locked.
If necessary for a teleport spell, then Torin will "studied carefully" the place in fornt of the three closed door and the place front of the stone door "aka portal".
Noted. Torin will be able to recall the whole ruins as "familiar" for purposes of the Teleport spell.
(06-21-2016, 09:12 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Fingerbone noted.

Portho finds a curious symbol of three crowns; as far as Portho can tell from the miniature the crowns are of human, elven, and dwarven design. This rings a bell in the bard but not enough to remember where he heard of this.
OOC - should have rolled 20 for more info and 25 for exact information... sorry

[OoC tthis rings a bell for  the player and especially given Portho's history and focus on the Fallen Kingdom.. but I will assume with his low wisdom hee is not connecting the dots yet (even though it is almost exactly what he is down here looking for)]

(06-22-2016, 09:38 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: So dimension door it is. From/to where (pls mark on map), with which door open? (If I get it correctly the goal is to keep the key so it means all doors locked?)

I also need Portho's confirmation that he's satisfied with the events

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

Portho nods at  Torin's suggestion that they wait on the Sculpt Sound spell.

"I am ready when you are, unless there is somewhere on this side you think you may have missed a secret or hidden door, I do have a wand that allows me to sense such things without searching. If you searched everywhere thoroughly then let us jump to the other side and see what lies beyond that stone door."
- I searched everwhere very thoroughly. Let's go to the portal and cast that funny spell.
After Portho's spell Torin tries to activate the portal.
OOC - here goes nothing...

As Torin presses the stone necklace against the flat square on the portal's frame the whole portal starts to glow in deep blue light and the portal key is sucked into the stone. With a buzzing sound, lightning bolts rush along the surface, connecting the symbols in seemingly random batterns. The middle of the portal crumbles away to nothingness and as the lightnings stop the portal releases the stone necklace that falls back to the dwarf's hands. Beyond that the two can see an endless void, with stepping stones floating in empty space, following one another, forming a path. It's an inconvenient but feasible path for a dwarf but for a forest gnome it's a bit beyond the normal step length so it needs some agility and attention not to fail any step. With his dexterity, Portho thinks that he can maintain his balance and take the path relatively safely unless disturbed.

The field of vision in the void is limited to about sixty feet but up to that point there's nothing other than the winding path of stepping stones.
Portho quickly casts the Sculpt Sound spell, causing Torin and himself to be unnaturally silent, even banging an adamantine morningstar on stone will make no sound except that of the stone chips that fall away. He leaves their vocal chords unmuted so that can still talk and cast spells.

"Would you mind terribly if I tie off on you. These steps were not made for my stature, and I don't want to fall for all eternity in some extra  dimensional pocket."

Portho reaches into his haversack and a silk rope jumps to hand, he ties a coil in the middle around his waist, then passes the loose ends to Torin, so that if Torin ties off with those ends Portho will be connected to Torin by two 20' lengths of silk rope, enough to easily move, but since I am connected twice, not easily severed by one single attack.
A picture of the gate.
[Image: dr_gate_open_zpshy7tlxo9.png]
(06-22-2016, 09:28 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: "Would you mind terribly if I tie off on you. These steps were not made for my stature, and I don't want to fall for all eternity in some extra  dimensional pocket."

- Sure. - Torin ties the loose ends around his waist.

OOC - @DM: Do you have a saved game status from EOB or found this picture in the internet? If not you are a fanatic, because you played again almost the whole game just for take a good screenshot. Smile
OOC - you can find this on youtube pretty easily but yes I'm a great fan of this game and recently I've just finished playing through with a single cleric. Next up: solo thief Smile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon