RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Rock
~"Searching my translator database for Talzee."~

After a short pause.

~"Sorry, no translation found. I can poke him with my stun baton until he speaks something you understand, my owners have successfully used that procedure in the past. If that doesn't work then the other procedure works quickly..."~

As he says this yet another arm extends with a whirring buzz saw blade already spinning on the end, just within a foot or so of the Talz' ear.

[Translator unit DC15 - Intelligence check [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10
]
Quote this message in a reply
"Oh, Long doesn't belong to me." Dez comments on the Captain's assumption. "I would settle for a someone competently skilled as a field med...a talent I do not possess. I have a med pack in my locker on the way to the docking slips, but not much use unless we have a medic on board your vessel Captain Sunt."

She chuckles slighty at the Besalisk's inquiry of her having other plans. "No. I think I've blasted my bridges here at the Rock. I'm hoping you have room for one more on that ship of yours."
~"It seems with the loss of this droid Captain Sunt, will likely need crew for the Wild Card, Ms Syn. XS-800 light transports require a crew of two to operate and docking bay cameras did not record any other beings debarking the vessel since it arrived. Well, except for several dead lifeforms that the battle droid was unloading when Captain Sunt came to the cantina."~

Seeing the Besalisk's stare Long turns slightly to look up at the Captain, his buzz-saw shifting as he does to hover in front of the Talz' nose.

~"Hyperdrive capable ships do not arrive at the Rock without attracting attention. My master has a business proposition for you that could be of mutual benefit, involving my passage aboard your vessel. I am empowered to enter negotiations on his behalf. I will start my part of the negotiations by assisting you in determining who else wishes to enlist the services of your ship. Let us take this source of information back to the Wild Card to determine what he knows."~

As he says that his retractable claw arm suddenly grabs the Talz by the collarbone and hauls him to his feet as Long follows behind, both buzz saw blade and stun baton held at the man's back as he begins marching him to the door.
"Long ehh? Hopefully you'll last longer than Rusty there." He gestures at the wrecked battle droid.  "Alright, lets talk onboard my ship and I'll tell you why I'm here."

The group heads through the corridors towards the space docks, gathering a few stares but everyone minds their own business.  Dez leads them to her locker while Captain Sunt stands guard, watching for the return of the Gand or any other signs of trouble.  Everything goes well.  She finds her things still where she left them and they continue their trip to the ship.  Long, only having to shave a few hairs off the Talz to let him know he's as serious as only a droid could be.

Arriving at the large cavernous space dock the group can see several ships, space tugs mostly but also a few star fighters, notably a Nimbus class V-wing and an R-41 Starchaser (it's hyperdrive replaced with a tractor beam)  The largest ship is the Captain's.  It is old, it is ugly, and it's his which brings a smile to his face as the party approaches.  As you go around a large stack of crates you see Holon Veil, the Kel-Dor Mayor of the Rock,  with his security forces (10) and standing beside him is a rough looking Duros wearing a patchwork spacesuit and a very familiar looking and injured Gand.

"Ahh hello my friends.  I am so sorry to have to do this to you, especially since it's only your first day on our lovely space station, Captain, but I am afraid your ship has been impounded for the time being.  It failed to pass certain legal inspections you see.  As for you Dez Synn, Dijen here," he gestures towards the Gand, "claims that you instigated a fight at the cantina and murdered his friend.  We will have to take you into custody to sort this all out."  

Ooc - Both Dez and Long recognize the Duros as Zann, a one time partner of Flik, Long's master. 
For Long
You could never be sure of Flik's relationship with Zann, the best description would be he was the brother he always hated.
pOoC as far as Long knows, would Zann be aware yet of Flik's death. And was Dez aware of Flik's death, I thought she was not yet.[
(05-25-2016, 09:43 PM)MK-L1G "Long Wrote: pOoC as far as Long knows, would Zann be aware yet of Flik's death. And was Dez aware of Flik's death, I thought she was not yet.[
Ooc - as far as Flik is aware, the only people who would know about Flik's death is a)Long b) his murder/murderers. I should have put that in the Ooc bloc.
Long vocabulates just loud enough for those beside him to hear.

~"Being apprehended by Holon Veil, for whatever Zann wishes him to charge you with, may not be conducive to our negotiations. Stay close to me and when you want a distraction just say 'Battle droids'. "~
"If you have something in your bag of tricks Long, better use it now because surrendering is not an option for me. Not again. Not ever..." Dez returns to the droid also in the same manner of hushed volume Long has used.

She tightens her grip on the modified blaster, fully prepared to use it.
"We can get out of this. But if you have any ideas you let me know." The Captain offers the two, also in a hushed voice, then he turns to the Kel-Dor and begins his parley.

"Slow down there fella, my friends and I are innocent.  We had to defend ourselves.  Look here," he gestures to his wounded side, "myself and my friend here were shot when he and his fellows attacked us."

The Kel-Dor raises an eye-brow and looks at Dez's arm then back at the Gand.  "Is this true?" He asks.  "Did you touch Miss Synn? You know the penalty for such actions." The Kel-Dor seems visibly angry now at the Gand like he had just done something terribly wrong and was caught doing it. The Gand, meanwhile, still holding his blaster carbine shakes his head appears to protest in his native tongue.
[OoC is thgere a station computer terminal anywhere within 20 feet of Long. If there is he will begin to roll towards it.]

~"If you would allow me to bring up the Cantina security feeds, I can demonstrate the actions of the three who attacked."~

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon