RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Rock
True to her word, Dez squeezes off the first grenade from the launcher, aimed right at 'Cheezy'. It explodes on impact and spreads to all adjacent directions from the point of impact.

Quote this message in a reply
Ooc - Were you concerned at all about your distance from the the bouncers? Lmao

Dez felt, more than heard, the slight click on the trigger of her grenade launcher before the cantina erupted in a cloud of red mist and chunks and a deafening boom that was sure to wake the neighbors.  Mr. Cheezy was now Mr. gooey and the frag grenade just added a dozen or so more piercings to Mr. Piercings.  The Captain smears some blood off his face with one of his pistol hands.

"I think I'll skip lunch today... Long, is that you?  I think we, she has everything under control here." The Captain says.

"Ahhhh! MY HAND! AHHHHHH! YOU KARKING SCHUTTA!" Mr. Piercings screams as he holds his mangled hand, his blaster no where in sight. It was probably buried under a pile of Mr. Cheezy.

"Oh my, I'll have to get the mop now."  F0G laments.
~"I see the bouncers have been somewhat distracted, nevermind, I shall attempt to intercept any security forces being dispatched."~

Long switches frequencies.

~"Escape, hon. Would you mind intercepting any security alarms from the vicinity of the miner's cantina if at all possible."~

[Issue Command - Use Computer [1d20+11] = 9+11 = 20 - I am assuming since there are other comuters aside from Escape involved that I will not use the +3 bonus from her.
Access Information Use Computer [1d20+14] = 15+14 = 29]

~"Please request our deroid friend to prevent anyone heading into his kitchen. He can do so while retrieving the mop."~

{OoC and you thought Long could be a little to overt in his methods. At least I left them alive when I hit em with grenades. LOL}
Dez's calculations for standing at a safe distance from the collateral frag was perfect. Her eyes narrow, as she pumps another grenade into the launching chamber. This was so, not what she wanted to be doing right now, but it was the only way she was going to get off this Disgusting Rock.

"CHUBA! E CHU TA!, PEEDUNKEY!" She shouted right back at the injured bouncer. "Konchee sa jah Shag, WERMO? Where are they?"
"I don't know." The man cries, still holding his mangled hand. "I'm just a bouncer. They take them to him." He points his stump at F0G.

F0G twitches his head back and forth. "Sir, I believe you are mistaken. I am in service to this facility. I perform many functions outside cleanup and protocol, but I am not involved in any illicit dealings. This establishment..." The droid is cutoff by the Captain before it can finish its monologue.

"That? The droid takes slaves? I think your missing paw has yer brains rattled." Says the Captain.
Dez casually swings the end of her blaster/launcher toward the droid. "But of course F0G is involved. Zann's datalogs are full of merchandise 'Trade' with F0G. Isn't that right, F0G?"

She keeps the mangled bouncer in her periphery, in case he gets stupid. "Perhaps, we should take a look in the kitchen? Is that where the hidden lift is to the holding area, F0G?"
Through the video feed Long sees the blaster rifle swing to aim at the very droid whose visual feed he is observing.

~"Escape, hon. What did you say your connection to this droid was?."~
Ooc - I'd like to wait and see if another player is ready to join soon. This is a sort of pivotal moment.
Working in the Miner's Cantina is not for the faint of heart. It is a magnet for the lowly who need an escape from the toils of the day, as well as those seeking trouble of one sort or the other. Bartending here is not this blue skinned Twi'lek's usual posting, but it is a great place for one with clandestine projects on her mind, like Theda. The interior is low lit and the air is thick with a haze and one would be smart to not spend much time on this level of the Rock, that is if one had a choice.

Most of the time Theda's shift goes by uneventful. A minor scuffle here and there is normal and doesn't hamper her making appointed contacts between serving the patrons... but today is shaping up to be something special. Were the first words that entered her head when Dez and a stranger entered and the Cantina took notice. Theda watched the bouncers confront them at the entry as her left hand continued filling a mug with some watered down brew, her right hand padded her midsection making sure her hold out blaster was still there.

Conditions seem to spiral out of control very quickly as weapons are brandished. A good portion of the crowd panic and begin to move away sending one table toppling over. The sound of broken glass summons a droid to begin the clean up process in the midst of the standoff. Theda scolds him from behind the bar..."Fog! Now's not the time, we have trouble."  The droid looks up, it's glowing yellow photo-receptors take in the full scene. "Oh my, goodness gracious. Not another bar fight!" ...It exclaims.  

Before the tall slender barmaid can say another word she finds herself instinctively ducking for cover behind the bar as a grenade explodes. When the smoke clears Theda gets her eyes set back on the bloody action and can see their attention now has turned to Fog. 

"Damn!" She muttered to herself as she pulled her blaster and began to move from behind the counter. Theda tucks the 'hold out' into her belt in the small of her back and approaches the group slowly with hands raised dodging the various puddles of flesh and blood. "Alright everyone let us just drop it down a notch here and perhaps I can be of some assistance?" Theda is way out on the limb and she knows it, but there just might be an opportunity here to get free from her bonds. After scanning the party Theda's eyes stop on Dez.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---Persuasion Check---Perception Check---Deception Check---
Dez gave only a subtle indication to Theda that she recognized her. While, her focus was still on F0G and the lack of an answer she had posed in her question directly to the droid.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon