RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Concepts
System: Star Wars Saga Edition
Player Count: 2 (seeking 1-4 more players)
Style of Play: PbP

UnseenServant.com Campaign ID 606

Campaign Backstory: 
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

The Empire rules with a black metallic fist, non-humans are oppressed, freedom is oppressed, the Empire's bleak grey Star Destroyers fill the cold depths of space.  Chance has stranded you in a little known part of space known as "The Minefield," an asteroid field that looks to be a short-cut for spacers but often proves to be a deathtrap.  "The Rock" is the only spaceport that exists within the asteroid field and it is here you find yourself looking for a means to escape.

Fortune seems to be on you're side when an old and beat up piece of junk, a Corellian XS-800, comes crashing onto the spaceport. Rumour says her captain is looking for a good crew, the old crew is dead, and someone to pilot him out of The Minefield.  Having the keys to the only starship with a hyperdrive on The Rock makes this captain a target for all kinds of envious sorts.  Time is short and just signing up with this captain could spell your doom.  Less than a few hours after his arrival theRock is in turmoil, there are explosions, riots, armed battles in the corridors, and everyone seems to be battling everyone else, this is where new players will enter the story. 

Will you bide your time on The Rock and try to set yourself up as Mayor?  Will you take the first ticket off and make your mark on the galaxy?  Or do you have other plans?  The choice is yours.

Setting - Star Wars - just prior to the events of Rogue One

Allowed Content:
  • Any of the Star Wars Saga edition books published by WotC

Character Creation:
  • Light side campaign
  • Class Restrictions: none, however as the existing players both have force wielders it is preferred that new characters joining not also be force sensitive as this is an era with few people trained in the force
  • Starting level: 4th
  • Hit Points/Health: 1st level starting hp = 3x max HD as usual
    - roll HP as per class (with minimym 1 above half the die roll) + Con on consecutive levels. Nobles & Scoundrels - 1d6 with min. 4hp, Scouts - 1d8 with min. 5hp, Jedi & Soldiers - 1d10 with min. 6hp
  • Skills:- pick any skills up to your limit
  • Wealth: starting credits = Max 1st level + 6,000
      - Max first level
      - Jedi 1,200
      - Noble 4,800
      - All the rest 3,000
  • Ability Scores: Use either 32 point buy (27 for droid) or standard array (15,14,13,12,10,8)
    - don't forget to add +1 ability to two abilities at 4th level
    Point Buy System Your character's ability scores all start at 8. You have 32 points to spend to increase their scores, using the costs shown below. After you select your scores, apply any species modifiers. 

Point Buy System (32 points to spend / 27 Points for Droids (no Con score))Score / Cost8 / 09 / 110 / 211 / 312 / 413 / 514 / 615 / 816 / 1017 / 1318 / 16
  • Backstory: Up to you, but bear in mind you have come to be trapped on the Rock, in the Minefield asteroid belt, where few ships venture and fewer return
Quote this message in a reply
Are we rolling ability scores, using planned generation (point buy) or the standard array.

I am fine with the standard array.

All these options are on page 18 of the Core Rulebook.
(03-08-2016, 10:35 PM)Vitkyng Wrote: Are we rolling ability scores, using planned generation (point buy) or the standard array.

I am fine with the standard array.

All these options are on page 18 of the Core Rulebook.

I am fine with either the 32 point buy system or the standard array, whichever you prefer. Just drop the 8 in the standard array if you are a droid.
The usual point buy is 258, but for droids the usual point buy is 21. So if you were doing a 32 point buy instead does that mean droids have a 28 point buy (just subtract the 4 points)? Or should droid point buy for 32 points be based on percentage 32/25 x 21 = 26.88 == 27?

It would vbe unfair to allow a droid the full 32 points.
(03-09-2016, 02:46 AM)Vitkyng Wrote: The usual point buy is 258, but for droids the usual point buy is 21.    So if you were doing a 32 point buy instead does that mean droids have a 28 point buy (just subtract the 4 points)?  Or should droid point buy for 32 points be  based on percentage  32/25 x 21 = 26.88 == 27?

Yes you are correct, I forgot to add that.  Droids using the point buy method only have 27. Your character's ability scores all start at 8. You have 32 points to spend to increase their scores, using the costs shown below. After you select your scores, apply any species modifiers. It's like you've done this before Wink

Score Cost
8 / 0
9 / 1
10 / 2
11 / 3
12 / 4
13 / 5
14 / 6
15 / 8
16 / 10
17 / 13
18 / 16
(03-09-2016, 03:45 AM)Nerdred Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 02:46 AM)Vitkyng Wrote: The usual point buy is 258, but for droids the usual point buy is 21.    So if you were doing a 32 point buy instead does that mean droids have a 28 point buy (just subtract the 4 points)?  Or should droid point buy for 32 points be  based on percentage  32/25 x 21 = 26.88 == 27?

Yes you are correct, I forgot to add that.  Droids using the point buy method only have 27. Your character's ability scores all start at 8. You have 32 points to spend to increase their scores, using the costs shown below. After you select your scores, apply any species modifiers. It's like you've done this before Wink

Score Cost
8 / 0
9 / 1
10 / 2
11 / 3
12 / 4
13 / 5
14 / 6
15 / 8
16 / 10
17 / 13
18 / 16

I use a 36 point buy for the current D&D 3.5 campaign I DM on Roll20.  Smile
My character is tentatively complete and a sheet created on myth-weavers. All I need to do is hash out a history/background with you, and ensure you approve of my character build.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=743762 Note for now the sheet is private, I would like my character's capabilities not to be totally revealed off the hop. So Nerdred please let me know your myth-weavers username so I can give you the ability to view the sheet.
(03-10-2016, 06:52 AM)Vitkyng Wrote: My character is tentatively complete and a sheet created on myth-weavers. All I need to do is hash out a history/background with you, and ensure you approve of my character build.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=743762 Note for now the sheet is private, I would like my character's capabilities not to be totally revealed off the hop. So Nerdred please let me know your myth-weavers username so I can give you the ability to view the sheet.

My Mythweaver name is Nithard
OK granted viewer access to the sheet. Let me know if you catch any discrepencies, this is my first SW Saga character, so it is possible I goofed somewhere. For the Skill Focus Mechanics I did add 3 points rather than checking the skill focus box, so that it didn't automatically add 5.
"Beep... whirrrr Beep? Do my specifications meet your requirements?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon