RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat)
I think the backlash has more to do with the film not following the 'formula' and doing the unexpected. It wasn't all about fan service. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I can objectively say it was a good movie. I did enjoy it in spite of some disappointments. One thing to keep in mind is that Carrie had a lot of input on her lines. Leia using the Force to save herself could have used a little set-up since that was her first on-screen use. I also think the prequels (and to some extent the nixed EU) have trained us to expect that everything is connected. Everyone has an extensive background. Know what I mean? I still have a few mixed feelings, but I don't think it deserves all the hate. Seriously, all the complaints about Force Awakens are about it being a rehash, and it just cashes in on nostalgia. Now Last Jedi is too different, and it craps over all our nostalgia. For everyone saying it's worse than the prequels, really? Just, really?
Quote this message in a reply
A small lightsaber?  It's so tiny it's cute!  :p  Ok everybody.  If you have cheese, I have you covered!  Big Grin

[Image: 2FLluuy.png]
You guys bring a tear to my eye. Sniff. Giggle... Smile
I will be away next week starting Tuesday. Posting will most likely be delayed at the least.
Posts will be delayed. My father has been in ICU for the last week, last night he took a turn for the worse. Will update things when I get home.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
Hope all goes well. Take your time.
Well he's awake and coherent now so that is an improvement. Respirator still required, and he is not yet stable Sad
He is able to communicate by pointing at an alphabet board but his spelling is for shit and he is pretty doped up. His hands are too swollen to hold a pen so for now it is a game of guess what he wants. but he can at least tell us yes and no.

It's been rough and I do not ever think he will be strong enough to return home. One day at a time.
I'm very sorry to hear this.  Like I've told you before, if there is anything you need just let me know.
Thanks. He is now awake, out of ICU and grouchy. Still not able to talk due to damage to his vocal chords from having to be resucitated while having a breathing tube in, but maybe that's a good thing Big Grin.
I'm still here, just a busy time of year for me. Started a new job and travelling/training. Posting from my phone is a pain in arse! Come late July through August I'll be offline as I will be somewhere in the Mojave desert hating lifeSmile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon