RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat)
I found a new dice roller that isn't clunky like Unseen Servant.

orokos.com
Quote this message in a reply
@DM Nerdred,

I don't know if my PM went through. I tried to respond about ten times and each time the system says I have already sent the message within the last five hours and refuses to send it.
I got it, thanks! Use whatever roll system you prefer. I'll check it out as well since i've only been playing by post now for less than a year and still learning things.

Here's a question for everyone. How would you prefer your character to be handled in case of a long or short absence? Do you object to the DM making rolls for your character while you are away? In case of a long absence this is how I would prefer to handle a character: Character is quietly in the background unless a situation arises where they are desperately needed or provide a critical skill, also OOC comments from the other players may be heeded as courses of action as long as they benefit the party. Any other suggestions?

One last thing, my goal for this current situation on the Rock is to help me practice and learn the system while I set the larger stage for the players. After what will probably seem like me steering the ship will turn into letting the players run free.
(06-08-2016, 06:07 PM)Nerdred Wrote: I got it, thanks! Use whatever roll system you prefer.  I'll check it out as well since i've only been playing by post now for less than a year and still learning things.

Here's a question for everyone.  How would you prefer your character to be handled in case of a long or short absence?  Do you object to the DM making rolls for your character while you are away?  In case of a long absence this is how I would prefer to handle a character: Character is quietly in the background unless a situation arises where they are desperately needed or provide a critical skill, also OOC comments from the other players may be heeded as courses of action as long as they benefit the party.  Any other suggestions?

One last thing, my goal for this current situation on the Rock is to help me practice and learn the system while I set the larger stage for the players.  After what will probably seem like me steering the ship will turn into letting the players run free.

That seems a fair way to handle characters with players absent.. you as GM have access to my character sheet even if other players do not.
That's fine with me.  By its nature, PbP is very slow.  It only makes matters worse if players have to wait for extended periods for people to post.

On another matter... I hope Shunna will be getting her equipment back.  It wouldn't be very fun if everyone is running around with full equipment while I'm stuck with a pick axe.  Sad
(06-08-2016, 06:07 PM)Nerdred Wrote: Here's a question for everyone.  How would you prefer your character to be handled in case of a long or short absence?  Do you object to the DM making rolls for your character while you are away?  In case of a long absence this is how I would prefer to handle a character: Character is quietly in the background unless a situation arises where they are desperately needed or provide a critical skill, also OOC comments from the other players may be heeded as courses of action as long as they benefit the party.  Any other suggestions?

I usually prefer to make the rolls for my characters. That way, if the rolls go bad it is only me and the dice roller involved. Though, I would not be opposed to you (DM Nerdred) making necessary rolls and dictating actions for Dez if I fail in my promptness to respond. I also think roleplaying Dez would not be an issue, as she is fairly easy to understand. Good luck in keeping her in the background though. Wink
@ DM Nerdred,

Are there internal accesses to the ship's two double cannons or are those controlled from the bridge and where are those weapons actually located?
Good question, the ships weapons are controlled from the cockpit. There are four stations in the cockpit/bridge, Pilot, Co-Pilot, Comms & Sensors, Weapons & Shields. The pilot or co-pilot can also use the ships weapons but can only fire forward facing weapons. So bit of a spoiler, the ship is carrying more than a single laser turret Wink

Actually since Dez Synn and Long were in this line of work they should be familiar with several types of starships. Assume you have anywhere from general to detailed knowledge on most ships. The XS-800's cockpit can separate from the ship to make short excursions and act as it's own escape pod. It is generally considered a small freighter and not well armed
Will be away this weekend and most likely unable to post much, if at all.
Dez will stay aboard the Wild Card. She hopes they will all leave this terrible place soon.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon