RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat)
Is long able to buff lightsabers too?
Quote this message in a reply
(04-06-2017, 10:26 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Is long able to buff lightsabers too?

I will have to check to be sure, but given that iI think it is only +2 damage, it is hardly going to break game balance.
(04-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Callie Wrote: I just need to pick out some equipment and I'll be ready.  Any good simple weapons out there that go well with martial arts other than the measly little combat glove from the core book?

Being completely new to Star Wars I have a couple of questions about your character.  How did your character advance?  Did they start as a Jedi or as a Soldier?   I'm guessing you started as a Jedi because you have the Use the Force Skill and didn't have to pick it up like I did with the Force Sensitivity Feat.

What role do you see your Soldier/Jedi taking on?  

What type of Jedi do you consider yourself?  A Consular, a Guardian or a Sentinel?  Or do you see yourself more as a Grey Jedi even though the game really doesn't have any mechanics for a character who dabbles in the Darkside and the Light without sacrificing Force Points?

I'm not sure how you feel about this but we should try to make sure there isn't too much overlap with our powers.  Of course we will take some of the same powers because they just make sense.  I see Shunna as a Consular.  So I plan to focus more upon my mental powers with some combat powers thrown in there so she doesn't get her ass Whooped!!   But I think Shunna did pretty good for her first combat.   Big Grin
Every time I sit down to post, something pops up and I get side tracked. Hopefully soon I will get more free time. I still haven't heard from Dez or Theda. Their characters will be apart of the background for now.
I took Jedi first. This is only my second Saga character, so I'm still feeling this thing out. I much prefer the original WEG version, but Saga is the best of D20 and better than nothing. Anyway, I'm looking for Callista to be whooper of ass, mostly in close up. She's a bit of a crusader who likes going after slavers, pirates, and (of course) Imperials. Any powers I pick will mostly be combat related. She's not a Jedi, really, just learned how to use the force.
You don't like slavers, smugglers, or pirates..?? Long gives a low Binary moan.. this could spell trouble
Never said anything about smugglers. Pretty much just go after the bad ones.
Okay, so I'm safe <whistles innocently in Binary> yup no pirates or slavers heree... quietly hides the black market Gand parts.....
(04-09-2017, 03:51 AM)Callie Wrote: I took Jedi first.  This is only my second Saga character, so I'm still feeling this thing out.  I much prefer the original WEG version, but Saga is the best of D20 and better than nothing.

I think I briefly played a Cerean Jedi in the WEG version.  When I say briefly I mean perhaps a couple of hours.  Confused   So I know very little about that version.  What makes you like that version over Saga? 

Callie Wrote:   Anyway, I'm looking for Callista to be  whooper of ass, mostly in close up.  She's a bit of a crusader who likes going after slavers, pirates, and (of course) Imperials.  Any powers I pick will mostly be combat related.  She's not a Jedi, really, just learned how to use the force.

If you are not a Jedi, will you be trying to learn other Force traditions and not become a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master?  

Shunna will be taking some combat related feats, talents and powers but I plan to focus on the telepathic and mental side of the force.  So it's good that you want to focus more on the melee abilities.  If we could figure out a way for me to support your melee abilities to enhance them even further then you could be even more of a tank.
Thank you guys for all your input in the OoC thread, I really appreciate it. I like Callie's approach to combat, I think she fills a role in the party and in an unorthodox way. Usually the melee fighter is a big strong dumb guy but she completely turns that trope on it's head. I find it so funny that the small droid is also the most ruthless out of the bunch too! I hope to live up to all your expectations.

I tried searching long and hard for a system I liked that could do Star Wars. My first RPG was Vampire the Masquerade and I really liked the d10 system, even though it has it's own issues. I thought about making up my own d10 Star Wars based off of VtM for a while. WEG seemed simple and simple is ideal in my opinion. I chose to run a game in the Saga system in the end because I'm so much more used to d20 and the more I looked into the some of the rules I could appreciate how the game is designed around heroic characters. It's so much more fun when the DM gets to crush his uber heroic players, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women! Smile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon