RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Swimming Pool! [Open everyone] + Malcolm
FYI:
[FYI:  Mainly for the new players (but also reminding old players) with most feats, if your rank is at least 3 above what you need to succeed then you automatically succeed in what you're trying to do.  For example, Lets say you have an Amazing Acrobatics.  If I were to say you needed to make a Remarkable Acrobat feat to avoid a trap then you would be required to make a Green feat with your skill because it's within 2 ranks [Remarkable to Incredible (1rank) to Amazing (2ranks)].  But if I set the difficulty at Excellent, which your acrobatics is 3 ranks above [Excellent to Remarkable (1rank)  to Incredible (2rank) to amazing (3rank)] then you wouldn't have to make any rolls because it would be automatic.  

Strength feats are a little different because there are exact numbers of how many pounds someone can lift.  For example, Malcolm has has a Remarkable strength Telekinesis (1 ton or 2000 pounds) and he wants to lift up a box that weighs 800 pounds (which is excellent weight), then likely I will just say he can do it automatically.  When he starts getting close to 1 ton then I may make him roll a yellow strength feat to lift it especially if he's trying to lift more than 1 thing at a time.  

So far we have mainly talked about overcoming feats of lower rank.  When trying to overcome something of higher rank, you can normally only make a feat roll for something which is 1 rank higher.  Using Malcolm for example, lets say he wanted to use his telekinesis to lift up something which weighed up to 10 tons (incredible weight).  He would have to roll a Red feat with his Remarkable Telekinesis to get it off the ground and likely he would have a terrible headache afterwards and the lingering smell of burnt toast from frying a few of his brain cells.

There may be occasions where player characters will have to resist an overwhelming attack of more than 1 rank above their own ability or power rank.  For example, if Aurum (sorry Aurum) were to Psionic blast Static Charge (Typical Psyche) with a Psychic blast of Remarkable intensity (3 ranks difference).  Her Remarkable attack is within the 3 ranks rule of Static's Telepathy but over the maximum 1 rank of overcoming her power.  Normally he wouldn't have a chance to resist her attack because you can't resist over +1 column shift your own rank.  But because I'm a nice DM and I want to give people a chance, I would likely tell Static he can make a red psyche feat to resist but he can't use any Karma on the roll.  However, if Aurum were to use an Incredible rank Psychic blast then which is 4 ranks above his Typical Psyche then she would automatically knock him out.  Sorry but there are just some attacks which are too powerful to resist.

I know this is a little complicated but feel free to ask any questions in the OoC section.  There is also something called intensity feats which mean that no matter how many ranks there are difference you can try to roll for it.  But those usually only for specific powers or maneuvers.  Like wanting one extra attack is a Remarkable intensity feat.  You can try to get that extra attack no matter how low your fighting rank.  But there are hefty penalties if you fail.  If you have at least a Remarkable Fighting you would need a yellow roll to get that additional attack.  With a Remarkable fighting you could also try for 2 additional attacks but it is an Amazing intensity feat (Red result).  If you have an Amazing Fighting you can try for 3 additional attacks at an Unearthly intensity feat (red) or two additional attack with a green feat because your amazing fighting is better than the Remarkable intensity needed.  And so on...]

The plane has already landed which was why people were getting up out of their seats.

Johnny does indeed automatically overcome the various security measures of the phone company.  [He needed to beat at most a Remarkable rank which generally is maximum rank of terrain technology.  An Incredible Rank is understanding non-terrain tech.  Since his Monstrous is three ranks above Remarkable, it's automatic.]  And within 30 seconds he has accomplished everything he set out to do.  Johnny manages to triangulate Jack's cell by using communication satellites and various wifi towers.  Then checking with google maps/world he tells everyone that Jack is hanging out close to Lisa's house but he doesn't believe he's gone inside.  With a little extra work Johnny could tap into governmental Surveillance satellites. 

Cyclops replies, "No that will be alright.  I applaud your tenacity but right now we don't need to go that far to find Jack.  Mr. Sinister, maybe.  But Jack, not so much."  He then says to everyone, "Since the consensus is that Katrina would have the best chance of speaking with Jack, I'm putting her in charge of this operation."

Sebastian glances at Katrina and gives her a supportive but confident smile.  He was confident in Kat's leadership abilities even though this world's Katrina seemed much less sure of herself.  

[OoC: When was the last time I gave Karma awards?  I don't think I've given any for the Train station.  What about the blob fight?]
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swimming Pool! [Open everyone] + Malcolm - by GM Marvel - 05-25-2016, 05:25 AM