RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Talking with the Professor ~Limited~
"I think your most difficult task will be talking to Johnny.  You are now sharing a body with someone else who doesn't seem to appreciate your relationship with him.  So that means he will be sharing you with someone who has thus far reacted to him badly.  Have you thought about how this is going to affect your relationship with Johnny?  How would you feel if someone took over his body and you had to spend your time with someone who looks like your boyfriend but who treats you poorly?  You're relationship and feelings are private and you do not need to share your thoughts with me but it is something to think about for the future."

"It's unfortunate Demi feels like she is not wanted.  Many of the students here were friends of hers before she left for the Academy with Canker.  I imagine they may be treating her differently because they are worried about you.  Again, this will be something you will have to assure your friends that you are fine with so they can let their guards down with her."

"As for Canker, he is still sleeping.  Beast has examined him and believes having his psyche essentially ripped into billions of separate bacteria has taken its toll upon the young man.  It is unknown how long it might take for his mind to mend itself enough for him to regain consciousness.  I'm sorry, I know you were friends and you went with Abran to keep an eye on him while he explored the Massachusetts Academy.  I will let you know the moment he wakes up."

Finally he pauses and after a few moment he adds, "Have you given any thought about how you are going to deal with George?  He had grown very close to Demi and they each had a very good rapport before she left.  I'm sure when he returns today and finds out what happened, he will want to see Demi."

[OoC: Dun dun duuunnnnn.  Tongue ]

[OoC: Oh yeah and if you need it, here is a picture of Demi.]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As the Professor talks about all the other people's opinions and feelings that are going to need to be dealt with, Aurum seems to shrink, and eventually just put her face in her hands and shakes her head. "I can't... I'm just trying to deal with me and her, right now. It's hard enough when everyone's thoughts are so loud that I'm not even sure if I'm real anymore. And now I have to share my body, which was the one thing I had left for myself. Part of me wants to just let her have it. I haven't felt like it was really mine anyway. Because what are we, if not our thoughts, and I have everyone's in here with me. Why don't I just disappear?"

*Ros...*

"No."

*...*

She drops her hands. "If I'm just going to be a vessel to put other people in, and that's going to mess with everything that I love, then what's the point in being here? Nothing will ever be mine. Not even my relationships."
The professor rolls his wheelchair over to Roslyn and places a hand gently upon the back of hers and he gives her a supportive smile.  He had suspected she wasn't as alright with this as she was portraying.   It was a lot for a young woman to deal with especially since the teen years were difficult even without powers. 

"I believe in you Roslyn," the professor says with absolute certainty.  He then removes his hand and continues,  "Yes it will be difficult but you are a strong young woman.  And you have many people who love you and will do whatever they can to help.  I'm sure if you need space to gather yourself, they would be more than happy to give it to you.  You only need to ask."  He leans back a bit in his chair and thinks for a moment.  The professor then takes in and expels a deep breath then says, "If you are truly feeling overwhelmed, I have the ability to place blocks upon your powers so they aren't 'on' all the time.  You wouldn't lose your powers but your special form of telepathy may be effected.  I'm normally hesitant to offer this an option.  Your powers are your own and it's just one of the many many things that make you special.  But the choice is yours."
She sighs. "I don't know. I just... don't. Everything everyone does affects all the people around them. The difference is that they can't hear those effects. It's... so hard to stand up, make a decision, be strong, when you hear who it hurts." She shakes her head again, closing her eyes. "I... could probably use a different room from Jessica right now, though. She kinda hates my guts for tying her up. Though she deserved it for shooting me... Does having Demi in here count as a roommate too, or does there have to be two bodies for that to count?"
The Professor smiles and replies, "I think I can arrange for you and Demi to get your own room."  Xavier looks on his laptop for available rooms and then informs Roslyn which ones to choose from.  When that's done, he asks, "Is there anything else I might be able to help you with?"
"Really? Wow. Didn't expect that to work. But then, it would be nice for Demi to have her own things... If she has... After... oh yeah." She falters, suddenly wondering what the fate of Demi's belongings was. She somehow doubted they'd survived the giant robot attack, and even if they had, they probably hadn't been kept. Everyone sort of assumed she was dead. Instead of finishing the thought out loud, she picks out a room with Xavier. "I'm sure there's a ton you could be of help with right now, but I don't even know where to start, and there's someone at the door."
"There were a few things she forgot here," the professor replies.  "Everything was put into storage.  I can have someone bring it out for you."

The Professor was aware of the approach of Alison and telepathically bids her to enter.  Strolling into the office, Alison sees the both of you and says, "Hello, Professor; Roslyn.  The students were going to go pick up a couple of the students from the train station and I was wondering if you would like to accompany your classmates?"
"Thanks. That'd be great." She waves to Alison when she comes in, but is immediately hit with another hard decision. She doesn't really want to go. Too much to think about, and work out with Demi. Too many conversations with other students that need to happen in a non-public way. Going sounds awkward. On the other hand, staying would mean being stuck in a mansion full of quarantined students with aggressive tendencies. Also awkward and potentially dangerous.

"Umm... Yeah, I guess."
Alison smiles brightly, replying, "Great!  Are you both done talking or do you need to finish up?"

[If Roslyn has something else to talk to the Professor about...]

Alison nods.  "Okay, we will be waiting for you in the dining room."  Alison then says her goodbye to the Professor and leaves.

[If Roslyn has finished with the Professor...]

As Roslyn walks past her, Alison gives her a smile.  She then looks at the Professor and says, "We shouldn't be too long."  She then leaves with Roslyn to go to the dining room.
Aurum looks at the Professor as she stands up. "I'll let you know if I... we... figure out what we need... If that ever happens. I wouldn't wait up for it." She follows Alison out.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon