RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Medical and Research Labs
"Just some clothing that was stored away.  When someone leaves they don't always have time to pack or they plan to maybe come back one day.  So it's stored here.  But when you're Billionaire Professor Xavier, people just grab his Mega-black card and then run out to grab new threads.  So this is like the clothes that time forgot!" 
Quote this message in a reply
"Awesome! Let's find you some duds."

Porsche begins to rummage through the puiles of clothes, trying to find anything that will fit Saleem, without making him look like a preschooler. it is noticeable that the occasional outfit more suited to her appears in a growing pile by her feet.
November 28
6:45pm
Outside, it's a cold evening.

The labs were usually used by Dr. Henry McCoy and other medically-trained mansion staff. RALPH, the holographic doctor was also installed in the lower-level Medical Lab, in the event that Dr. McCoy or another member of the medical team was unavailable.  Dr. McCoy's own personal lab and the medical lab are also equipped with tele-immersive displays.

Niall lays awake, albeit a little groggy while RALPH hovers over his bed subjecting him to multiple tests.  You know you're in the Med Lab with a single bright light over your bed and the rest of the room shrouded in darkness except for a few flashing lights from other medical equipment. RALPH checks Niall's pupils, temperature, blood pressure, and pulse.  The hologram then begins taking tubes and tubes of blood causing you to feel a little light headed.  Before you can alert RALPH to feeling dizzy, it produces some Orange Juice for you drink.  When your eyes have adjusted to the light, you see Professor X, quietly seated in his wheelchair, half in shadow, about 15' away.  He doesn't say a word while he watches RALPH conduct its tests.

[Niall responds first and then anyone else can join...]
Niall sips the juice quietly, staring down at the light blue blanket on the medical bed.  Every couple of seconds his eyes cut over to the Professor, then back to the blanket.  He didn't remember everything once he got to Frost's, but he remember before it pretty clearly and he was definitely not going to be the one to break the silence here.  As RALPH finishes up its work, Niall curses in his head. "Damn, ya blood-sucker.  If you spoke with a brogue I'd mistake ya for my Da."
After sitting in silence until he finished the juice and putting the empty glass back on the small table, Niall looks around the room, making note of the few labels he could see in the nearby cabinets.  After another couple of minutes Niall had run out of things to do and figured that speaking to the Professor was a better course than his normal downtime activity, popping off a finger and reattaching it.  Clearing his throat, he looked to the Professor and said, "Hi Professor.  Are you ready for my report?  It's going to be pretty short, I'm afraid." He gave the older man an awkward half-smile, trying to be disarming.
[OoC: I'm sorry.  For some reason I wasn't subscribed to this thread so I didn't get any notification!  This seems to happen randomly.  But I resubbed so hopefully it will stay that way. ]

"Welcome back," Xavier replies with a warm smile, while scooting his motorized wheelchair forward, into the light.  "I'm delighted you were able to return to use so quickly.  There was a fear you might have been lost to us."  

After pausing a moment to allow you to reply, if you wanted to, he continues, "Why don't I start first.  What we know is, shortly after you and Gloom joined the Massachusetts Academy as part of the Hellions, you were invited to attend a party at the Hellfire's Club in New York.  The X-Men were also attending the party, by invitation from Emma Frost.  At some point, Emma herself emerges, having fought off an assassination attempt.  Frost brutally interrogated her would-be assassin, which increased tensions between the X-Men and the Hellions.  Then suddenly a mutant named Fitzroy appeared through a portal and killed Jetstream.  The X-Men and Hellions attack Fitzroy, doing little in the face of his advanced armor, when another portal opens and the former White King, Donald Pierce stumbles out, followed closely by the Sentinels.  The Sentinels destroy Pierce and seemingly kill Frost but it turns out she's not dead.  That's a long story we can maybe go into later on.  What is most important to your situation is, when Fitzroy started absorbing all the Hellion's powers and life force, including Gloom's and your own, both of you managed to instinctively activate latent mutant abilities and found a way to escape.  In your case you somehow transformed into a near mindless, giant germ and escaped.  Maybe through the air ducts.  I am really not sure.  Perhaps through the aid of the psychic link I had placed on you before you left, you found your way back to the mansion and reached out to one of your friends, who happened to be Malcolm.  There was a brief misunderstanding and soon after, you managed to reintegrate your body and return to normal but you were in a coma.  You were cared for since then by RALPH until you woke up a few hours ago."
[OoC I was unaware Malcolm would have known Canker? Malcolm was literally completely new to the mansion having just arrived before that encounter and the train station encounter]
(05-26-2021, 02:10 AM)Malcontent Wrote: [OoC I was unaware Malcolm would have known Canker?  Malcolm was literally completely new to the mansion having just arrived before that encounter and the train station encounter]

[read this thread to refresh your memory... http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=89 ]
[OoC Exactly, that thread was Malcolm's second night at the mansion, and his first introduction to Canker... they have no pre-existing friendship before the germ attack. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....52#pid3552 He know Canker NOW, but they only just met after Canker in germ form attacked, was subdued and taken to med bay. It is doubtful Malcolm would head down to med-bay to see how Canker was doing.. especially after having been just reunited with someone he does have history with, Psy-Jack.]
(05-26-2021, 02:01 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC: I'm sorry.  For some reason I wasn't subscribed to this thread so I didn't get any notification!  This seems to happen randomly.  But I resubbed so hopefully it will stay that way. ]

"Welcome back," Xavier replies with a warm smile, while scooting his motorized wheelchair forward, into the light.  "I'm delighted you were able to return to use so quickly.  There was a fear you might have been lost to us."  

After pausing a moment to allow you to reply, if you wanted to, he continues, "Why don't I start first.  What we know is, shortly after you and Gloom joined the Massachusetts Academy as part of the Hellions, you were invited to attend a party at the Hellfire's Club in New York.  The X-Men were also attending the party, by invitation from Emma Frost.  At some point, Emma herself emerges, having fought off an assassination attempt.  Frost brutally interrogated her would-be assassin, which increased tensions between the X-Men and the Hellions.  Then suddenly a mutant named Fitzroy appeared through a portal and killed Jetstream.  The X-Men and Hellions attack Fitzroy, doing little in the face of his advanced armor, when another portal opens and the former White King, Donald Pierce stumbles out, followed closely by the Sentinels.  The Sentinels destroy Pierce and seemingly kill Frost but it turns out she's not dead.  That's a long story we can maybe go into later on.  What is most important to your situation is, when Fitzroy started absorbing all the Hellion's powers and life force, including Gloom's and your own, both of you managed to instinctively activate latent mutant abilities and found a way to escape.  In your case you somehow transformed into a near mindless, giant germ and escaped.  Maybe through the air ducts.  I am really not sure.  Perhaps through the aid of the psychic link I had placed on you before you left, you found your way back to the mansion and reached out to one of your friends, who happened to be Malcolm.  There was a brief misunderstanding and soon after, you managed to reintegrate your body and return to normal but you were in a coma.  You were cared for since then by RALPH until you woke up a few hours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk4cg2Ediw

A wave of relief passes through him at the calm and pleasant tone of the Professor.  He smiled slightly and said, "I'm glad to be back to myself for sure.  I have no idea how I did what I did, but I would like to learn.  I'm not sure I feel quite like I did before, not that I feel wrong or anything, just different."  The impact of Xavier's summary suddenly stuck him, "Did any of the Hellions die?  Or anyone from here at the mansion?"  A hand covered his mouth as more connections were formed in his mind, "Did I make anyone sick?" Visions of scientists in sealed hazmat suits and CDC quarantine tents started dancing through his mind, the events that sent him to the mansion in the first place replaying once again.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon