RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reform School Mutants
So the 180 point Croc works.   How many points would I get for the Limitation where his powers only function in his scaled out form, otherwise he stays at his base (which is still pretty physically good). I was thinking it might be a 20 point limitation. )and have not spent those 20 points though.
Quote this message in a reply
I'm not sure yet how many points the limitation will give you.  What do you mean by scaled out form?  As it is, your Water Freedom is a power that gives you your stat adjustments when you are out of water but allows you to breath underwater (without stat adjustments).  There is a power called alter ego that which honestly isn't much of a power.  It's more of a limitation that they call a power.  It allows you to go from normal human to Hulk or human to wolfman.   So how does this transformation work?  Can you decide to Croc-out any time you want?  Does it only happen when you're angry?  Does it happen during the full moon?  What sets it off?  Obviously the easier it is to change forms the fewer points you will get for the limitation.
Still looking for 1 or 2 more players.
(11-23-2015, 05:44 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: I'm not sure yet how many points the limitation will give you.  What do you mean by scaled out form?  As it is, your Water Freedom is a power that gives you your stat adjustments when you are out of water but allows you to breath underwater (without stat adjustments).  There is a power called alter ego that which honestly isn't much of a power.  It's more of a limitation that they call a power.  It allows you to go from normal human to Hulk or human to wolfman.   So how does this transformation work?  Can you decide to Croc-out any time you want?  Does it only happen when you're angry?  Does it happen during the full moon?  What sets it off?  Obviously the easier it is to change forms the fewer points you will get for the limitation.

Since not getting what I meant by scaled out form tells me you still hadn't read the block I had on powers and the limitation I proposed in my signature, I simply went ahead and used the Alter Ego power to expedite things.  Essentially he has two forms, Scott - who has the normal stats and no powers, not even water freedom; and 'the Croc' - his big bad-ass armor skinned, self sufficient, water freedom form. He can control when he transforms, and retains his mental faculties. The advantage, he can look normal when he wants to, the disadvantage, he isn't always ready for a fight, or not AS ready anyway.

The idea is similar to Colossus, he can turn the iron form off, and he's still a big tough Russian, just not a superhumanly tough Russian. My form just has scales and claws not iron.
Actually I did read the block you had on powers and the limitation you proposed in your signature. You know, the one where you suggested such a limitation might be worth 20 points. I was just asking additional questions but anyways... moving on...

Unless we get more players then it's doubtful that I will be able to GM this game.
I realized when reading the temporary version of Armour skin being -2cs that the alter ego worked better for what I wanted, because being able to turn off Water Freedom is not always a hindrance... hopefully we get a few new players.

Maybe post in the OoC thread for the Xavier's school to see if other Marvel players are interested inb adding a game as they may not be watching this thread.
Didn't notice this game came back on track. Great! Been reading over the posts and I see we can adjust our characters. My guy, Sam Smith, had Illusory Duplication, Water Freedom, and Thermal Vision. I came up with the code name "Trident" for him because he was a life guard and the powers worked well but I always saw him as having a little Atlantean blood. I believe his stats were:
F: Ty
A: Fe
S: Gd
E: Ex
R: Ty
I: Ty
P: Ty
I don't mind the powers, but wish I could do a bit more with the illusory duplicates, like allow them to manifest slightly and physically interact at some point. I'd like to keep the strength but boost his agility. Oh, and breath water. I'm not sure what spot he'd fill in the Brick, Infantry, etc. category. I see him in the strange powers category, using his duplicates to link the party if separated.
Glad to have you Nerdred.  You might want to check out here.  Rather than rolling our ranks most of the players seem to like the point buy system.  It seems to balance out the characters so you don't have the range of characters from Toad to Thor.  These starting characters start with 180 points.

As for Illusionary Duplication, it says that you can create ONE duplicate that you can some or all your powers to it and this duplicate can do more.  So if you took the power of telekinesis, then your duplicate could lift things or energy solidification would create a solid duplicate, etc.  It's up to you.  You are also more than welcome to change your powers or focus more on one of them.
Re-made Sam according to new and improved rules Big Grin Please let me know if everything jives with you. Thanks.
Alias(es): Trident

Primary Abilities
Ability | Rank | Score | Notes/Modifiers | Green Feat | Yellow Feat | Red Feat
10 Fighting | Good | 10 | - | 46 | 76 | 98
35 Agility | Good/Remarkable | 10/30 | - | 46/36 | 76/66 | 98/95   (-2 CS Water Freedom)
4 Strength | Good | 10 | - | 46 | 76 | 98                                             (+2 CS Water Freedom)
6 Endurance | Remarkable | 30 | - | 51 | 81 | 98                               (+2 CS Water Freedom +1 Mutant)
10 Reason | Good | 10 | - | 46 | 76 | 98
10 Intuition | Excellent | 20 | - | 41 | 71 | 95                                        (+1CS Mutant)
20 Psyche | Excellent | 20 | - | 41 | 71 | 95
Total = 95

Health: 56 / 80 in water
Resources: 0
Popularity: 0

Powers
Water Freedom: Typical (cost 16)
Image Generation: Good, acts like illusory duplication but not limited to self image (cost 20)
Thermal Vision: Typical (cost 16)
Electrical Generation: Remarkable, Limitation - contact only +2 CS (cost 20)
Total = 76

Talents
First Aid  (cost 5)

Contacts
Reginald Thomas, journalist

Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: None
Origin: Breed Mutant? Part Atlantean
Identity: Normal kid
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160'
Appearance: Blonde hair, Red eyes, athletic build with beach tan.

Costume: None, possibly red trunks that say "lifeguard" with sunglasses

Gear: None

Transportation: public, bicycles

Background
Mother: -- Samantha
Father: -- Adam
Siblings: -- 1 Sister, Margaret, not biological
Demeanor: -- Good Natured, likes a good prank, takes responsibility seriously
Motivation: -- Rescue people, be a hero
History: -- Sam was adopted and doesn't know it.  He grew up near Virginia Beach near Norfolk.  Sam always had an affinity to water and it showed with his great swimming ability.  His step-father worked for the U.S. Navy and suspected Sam's mutations when they began to manifest, which he did not like. Having red eyes didn't help.  Sam's favorite passion was going to the beach and being in the water.  With his powers he found it easy to save the lives of drowning victims which made him feel good about himself, something which his step-father never did.  After one of his rescues, a local journalist published an article about Sam and his heroic actions at a young age.  Eventually Sam's abilities drew too much attention and his step-father sent him packing to a "Reform School for Mutants."

Notes: -- One of Sam's real parents was Atlantean.
I'll make a character for this game... since I do not have a character concept in mind yet I will roll randomly to start... then spend the 180 CP to fit the concept I come up with.

So...
FASERIP.. Averaging Table1+ Table 2 as a Teen (max Ex) (newbie so all will be reduced to min rank for their CS)
Fighting [1d100] = 14 = Ty5 + Pr3 == Pr4 === Pr3
Agility [1d100] = 92 = In36 + Gd8 == Ex20=== Ex16
Strength [1d100] = 31 = Gd8+ Ty5 == Ty7 === Ty5
Endurance [1d100] = 42 = Ex16 + Ty5 == Gd11 === Gd8
Reason [1d100] = 49 = Ex16 + Ty5 == Gd11 === Gd 8
Intuition [1d100] = 36 = Gd8+ Ty5 == Ty7 === Ty5
Psyche [1d100] = 68 = Rm26 + Ty5 == Ex16 === Ex16

Background [1-5 Induced Mutant, 6-8 Random Mutant, 9-10 Breed Mutant]
Mutant Background [1d10] = 9 = Breed Mutant
+1 CS to Endurance and Intuition

So
F Pr3
A Ex16
S Ty5
E Ex16
R Gd8
I Gd8
P Ex16
at a cost of 61/180 cp

so far either cannon or mentalist.. let's see where powers lead me
Powers Powers [1d100] = 16 = 2/4
Talents Talents [1d100] = 3 = 1/6 she'll take Student so that will cost her 10 cp
Contacts Contacts [1d100] = 34 = 1/4 and 1 contact wil cost her 5 cp

to get Pr3 resources she will spend 6cp

so that is 61+10+5+6= 82 cp /180cp
leaving her with 98cp for powers and to maybe spend to fine tune her FASERIP if needed to match her pwoers

So better make my Powers count Wink I know I get to pick em if I don't like but still working on a concept here.

Power 1 Category Power 1 [1d100] = 55 = Matter Creation
Matter Creation Power Matter Creation Power [1d100] = 79 = Spray
(Ok.. maybe interesting, let's see what second power I roll to combine with it.)

Power 2 Category Power 2 [1d100] = 95 = Travel
Travel Power Travel Power [1d100] = 92 = True Flight

OK ummm she has a spray that creates a cloud that allows her to fly BAHAHAHAHA.. rerolling

Powe 1 Reroll Category Power 1 Reroll [1d100] = 80 = Physical Enhancment
Physical Enhancment Power Physical Enhancment Power [1d100] = 95 = WATER FREEDOM ROFL ummm NO
just gonna reroll that now
Physical Enhancment Power Reroll Physical Enhancment Power Reroll [1d100] = 66 == SELF SUSTENANCE (facepalm).. rerolling.. again...
Physical Enhancment Power Reroll 2 Physical Enhancment Power Reroll 2 [1d100] = 17 = Body Resistance .. no too many tanks in the party already

just going back to the drawing board on powers...

Power 1 Reroll 2 Category Power 1 Reroll 2 Category [1d100] = 54 = Matter Creation
Matter Creation Power Matter Creation Power [1d100] = 19 = Elemental Creation
(could be very interesting)

Power 2 Category Power 2 Category [1d100] = 73 = Physical Enhancement
..whch we've realized is alkready well represented in this group so just rerolling..
Power 2 Category Reroll Power 2 Category Reroll [1d100] = 8 = Detection
Detection Power Detection Power [1d100] = 67 = Telescopic Vision

and this is why we hate random characters.. but it was enough to get my creative juices flowing.... for now I need sleep, but will think more on pwoers later.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon