RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reform School Mutants
Scott is here but I would need to rebuild his sheet.
Quote this message in a reply
I could play Brie, but I'd want to change her power. Catalyst Control requires a bit more thought than I really want to deal with. Maybe something like Fire Generation, since she started with fire and explosions.
Wait, soneone else had just come in with that... Never mind
I don't mind if you take fire generation or detonation or some other power on the classic MSH website that is similar. However there was a character with fine gen named (I think) Lilibeth Hart. She also had sensory manipulation. The two powers don't mesh well so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal for Lilibeth to go a different direction like a mentalist of some kind.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Well, given that her description of her power's first manifestation involved a gas stove... I could justify the explosion with a simple Matter Conversion - Combustion power. And that would fit nicely with her other power being Matter Creation - Projectiles (remember picking up the plate during the cafeteria fight? I was going somewhere with that).

Create a small plate-like throwing object (or use one that is already handy), make it a timed combustible, start fires wherever you can get that projectile.
(11-18-2015, 01:39 AM)Aurum Wrote: Well, given that her description of her power's first manifestation involved a gas stove... I could justify the explosion with a simple Matter Conversion - Combustion power. And that would fit nicely with her other power being Matter Creation - Projectiles (remember picking up the plate during the cafeteria fight? I was going somewhere with that).

Create a small plate-like throwing object (or use one that is already handy), make it a timed combustible, start fires wherever you can get that projectile.

That's possible.  I don't want to discourage you but if I remember correctly, the power: Combustion kinda sorta sucks.  Sometimes MSH created powers that seemed more like regular powers but with limitations.  For example, I believe that Combustion needs time to get hotter so it's basically fire generation with the limitation that you slowly increase your damage over the turns it's used.  Where as Fire Emission just lets you use it at full power all the time.  Or you could use hard radiation which could look like flames.  Or almost any energy emission could look like flames.  (Cold Fire? Shadow Fire? ect)  As for the projectiles, there is a power called, Missile Creation that could work (Which in some cases should be just a limitation of a regular power) Dodgy   Gambit's power could also be converted so instead of exploding with kinetic energy it explodes with fire.  Kind of like making the molecules speed up so fast that the object explodes in flames. 

Sorry for rambling.  I'm just finishing work and I'm tired.  This  stuff is just off the top of my head.  If it still isn't quite what you want, let me know and we can keep working on your power. Smile
I do have 'Mac' but his powers suck as they were rolled randomly.  I think these were the powers he had, I might be wrong.  Body Resistance (Ty 5), I think Radio Waves at (Ty 5), and Non-Detection....wooo.
Compared to Scott's Self Sustaining and Water Freedom? lol we all were sub par I think that was the point.
I'm not a fan of rolling randomly for powers.  It's ok if you aren't sure what powers to take and you're just making a roll or two to spark your imagination.  But rolling for all your powers tend to really suck bad.  For example, I don't think I've seen so many players roll Water Freedom randomly before and it was always the +2strength&endurance/-2agility version. Tongue  But why wouldn't a player take that version when their other power was Self sustenance. Dodgy  

So, here is my idea for Character Creation:  In my other game we used Character Points to build our character which kept people fairly equal.  If you liked some or all your powers you had before then feel free to use them but the stats and power ranks would set based upon your Character points.  All powers need to have a rank and if it's a special power from the Classic Marvel Super Hero website then you must get permission.  All powers from the Ultimate Powers Book are available for use except for Magic Powers, Power Control Powers and any powers costing one or more stars.  Any of those powers require special permission.

So far we have 3 or 4 players who are interested.  Anyone else?
So the same amount of points we had as new players/characters for the other game like what I had for Malcontent?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon