RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reform School Mutants
Two-Armed Two-Legged Woman.  Powers of walking and breathing.  Telescopic Vision Fe 1, Hyper senses (Hearing) Fe 1.  Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
Reistance to smart ass Shift-X
Let's hope this game is happening Smile
Got my character concept figured out. Going to create her as 'Alchemy' Registering the account now, then will build the character sheet.
Alias(es):  Alchemy

Primary Abilities
AbilityRank Score Notes/Modifiers (roll)Green F.Yellow F.Red F.
FightingPoor33 cp51-8081-9798-00
AgilityExcellent1616 cp--51-8081-9798-00
StrengthTypical55 cp--51-8081-9798-00
EnduranceExcellent168 cp +1 CS--51-8081-9798-00
ReasonGood88 cp--51-8081-9798-00
IntuitionGood58 cp--51-8081-9798-00
PsycheExcellent168 cp + 1CS--51-8081-9798-00

56/180 cp

Secondary Abilities
Health: --
Resources: Poor (3)
Popularity: --
Origin: Breed Mutant

62/180 cp

Karma Pool: --
Advancement Fund Karma:  --

Powers ( - / - )
PowerRank Score Notes/Modifiers (roll)Green F.Yellow F.Red F.
1) Molecular Conversion*Remarkable2620+52--51-8081-9798-00
2) Missile CreationExcellent1610+16--51-8081-9798-00
3) -Typical5--51-8081-9798-00
4) -Typical5--51-8081-9798-00

160/180

Talents ( - / - )
TalentNotes/ModifiersGreen F.Yellow F.Red F.
1) Student10 cp-----
2) ------
3) ------
4) ------
167/180

Contacts ( - / - )
ContactNotes
1) undefuned5 cp--
2) undefined5 cp--
3) ---
4) ---

180/180

Group Affiliation: --
Base of Operations: --

Identity: --

Physical Description
Sex: --
Ethnicity: --
Height: --
Weight: --
Appearance:  --

Costume: --

Gear: --

Transportation: --

Background
Mother: --
Father: -- 
Siblings: --
Demeanor: --
Motivation: --
History: --

Notes: --
K a Breed Mutant with powers of Molecular Conversion and missile creation so she can create missiles by converting ther very air around her into projectiles of pretty uch any compound she can think of, as well as converting the mo;lecular composition of limited volumes of other objects. I will be limiting range on the Molecular conversion.. the Limit of the fact that comverting things costs 1 Health per pound will keep her humble tehre as well as Reason limiting the complexity of the molecules themselves.. Elements and simple molecules are easy, complex molecules like gasoline.. not so easy
(11-18-2015, 02:00 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 01:39 AM)Aurum Wrote: Well, given that her description of her power's first manifestation involved a gas stove... I could justify the explosion with a simple Matter Conversion - Combustion power. And that would fit nicely with her other power being Matter Creation - Projectiles (remember picking up the plate during the cafeteria fight? I was going somewhere with that).

Create a small plate-like throwing object (or use one that is already handy), make it a timed combustible, start fires wherever you can get that projectile.

That's possible.  I don't want to discourage you but if I remember correctly, the power: Combustion kinda sorta sucks.  Sometimes MSH created powers that seemed more like regular powers but with limitations.  For example, I believe that Combustion needs time to get hotter so it's basically fire generation with the limitation that you slowly increase your damage over the turns it's used.  Where as Fire Emission just lets you use it at full power all the time.  Or you could use hard radiation which could look like flames.  Or almost any energy emission could look like flames.  (Cold Fire? Shadow Fire? ect)  As for the projectiles, there is a power called, Missile Creation that could work (Which in some cases should be just a limitation of a regular power) Dodgy   Gambit's power could also be converted so instead of exploding with kinetic energy it explodes with fire.  Kind of like making the molecules speed up so fast that the object explodes in flames. 

Sorry for rambling.  I'm just finishing work and I'm tired.  This  stuff is just off the top of my head.  If it still isn't quite what you want, let me know and we can keep working on your power. Smile

Life derailed my train of thought again.

I'll have some time to look into all the options today.

Gambit's power was sort of what I was thinking of. I had originally rolled Projectile Creation as her primary power, and it uses Hawkeye's arrows as an example, and suggests tying other powers into it to make "custom arrows" (like fire arrows, stun arrows, etc...). But that seemed too restrictive on those other powers, and works better for someone with tech origins than mutant ones. It made more sense to me to have the other power be primary, and have the projectiles be a means of extending the range of the origin point.

But then, I think the whole projectile thing is pretty stupid, even like that. I was just trying to work with what I rolled.
Ok. I keep coming up against things I pick out being basically exactly like Fire Control/Generation. UNTIL, I thought about Vibration Control/Generation. They mention the potential Sonic uses in the book, but don't mention that vibration can create friction, which can create heat/fire. That, combined with the gas stove, could create an explosion.

Big Grin
Vibration!
Hoping this game starts soon...Hopefully.
same here

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon