RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[OOC] Players Looking for Games
(07-24-2015, 02:27 AM)GammaBear Wrote: @ Emps I'm looking for players for a Skull & Shackles game. Though, if there's enough interest for just basic Pathfinder, I'd be more than happy to run a game.

Ah, Skulls and Shackles! I had actually been hoping to play that AP, although I've heard mixed things about how it starts off. I'd definitely be in for such a game. Thank you!
Quote this message in a reply
(07-24-2015, 02:21 AM)Emps Wrote: is there an opening for anything in D&D 3.5, any of the Warhammer 40K games, or maybe Exalted?

There are openings in my dnd3.5 game... Will resume soon. For starters pls pm me your character concept. Briefly put,
- 7th level
- 3 core books only: phb dmg mm
- No evil.
Cheers!
Hi everyone,

I suppose here's as good of a place to make my introduction as any...

I was a member of Plothook for a little while before I sort of "fell out" of the games I was in on that site, usually because of real life stuff, but since I found out that we've all begun moving over here, I reasoned that now might be as good of a time as any to make a fresh start, if you'll have me back.

So, with that out of the way, I suppose I should put some of my gaming "credentials" out there for potential DMs/GMs:
I started playing RPGs in college, with most of my experience being in D20 systems, especially D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder. Tried 4th a little bit, but not enough to really feel confident in it, and I'm a complete noob when it comes to 5th. I pretty much have the quick-start  post-playtest guide for that one and that's it. Also have played White Wolf systems, but mostly on forums. Other than that, I'm willing to try almost anything in terms of systems or genres.

I'd also be willing to maybe even run something once I get back into the swing of posting, but I don't really feel confident enough to do so yet.

If anyone has openings for any of the systems I mentioned (I'm even willing to give 5th a shot), feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time, and it's good to see all of you again. Smile

SA
@ Stygianangel, if you're interested I'm looking for players for a Pathfinder Pirate game.
(07-24-2015, 05:30 AM)Stygianangel Wrote: If anyone has openings for any of the systems I mentioned (I'm even willing to give 5th a shot), feel free to let me know.

Hello SA,
Check out my interest thread, now including the gory details:
Keeper of the Seven Keys
Newcomers will be welcomed with solo threads... as soon as your characters are ready to go.
Hi, folks. Took me a while to find the new place. It's nice!

I'd like to find a game or three to play in. Eventually I'll run something, too. Eventually. I'm up for, well, not anything, necessarily, but a lot. Specifically I'd love to get in on:
  • A superhero game. I'm less interested in games that take place in established comics universes, though not completely opposed. I have a lot of superhero ideas.
  • Anything cyberpunk. A combination of superheroes and cyberpunk like Batman Beyond or Marvel's 2099 books would be even better, but I know that's asking a lot.
  • A 3.5 or Pathfinder game that's... well, something different. The less Tolkien the better right now. I'm just kind of burned out on that stuff. Eberron (and Dark Sun and Planescape and Ravenloft) holds a lot more appeal for me than Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk or Golarion these days. Again, I'm not completely opposed to that kind of thing, just not chomping at the bit for it, is all.
Or, you know, whatever sounds cool and fun.
Just have a look into my Keeper game. There's still an opening or two and it's a 3.5 multiverse. The IC thread may give you an initial impression.
Mastermind, there's also GM Marvel's Company of Stalwart Adventurers 3.5 game. It's a homebrew setting that seems to have some sort of multi-dimensional quality to it, so while it seems to be pretty typical fantasy, it's not one of the "established" worlds (though it may "link" to them, or something. The game is young and I'm only a player, so I don't know much else about it). Here's the recruiting thread, if you're interested:

http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=127
Well, the one game I have that fits what you're looking for is so full its actually a few players over.

Still, I have two other superhero games. One set in Marvel, the other set in DC.  They are darker versions of those worlds, superheroes are just beginning, so you wont find crazy strong heroes like Thor, Captain America, Batman or Superman running around yet.  If you do, they will be the same character level as you are.  My take on the Marvel and DC universes are a lot grittier than the original universes.  So they are familiar, but by no means cannon.  You can create a unique hero or pick up a hero from the comics and give it your own spin, or play it traditionally, it's up to you.

I also have some 5e games with openings, Meridian is very different in terms of classic fantasy.  Burning Realms is just classic Forgotten Realms.  The 5e games move a lot slower and are a bit more low key.  

All of these games are in the early stages.  So players are still just playing with character concepts in the OOC threads.  If you're interested in any of the above, (and this goes for everyone)  either PM me or drop a query in that specific games OOC thread.

And welcome to the site Mastermind,  Glad you found us!
So I just got my hands on the D&D 5th ed PHB and I'm interested in learning the system. I don't supposed anyone has a game that would be willing to let me try out the ropes?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon