RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Concepts
Ok, so I'm going with Scout 1/ Jedi 3.

The skills I've taken so far are: Endurance, Perception, Stealth, Survival and Use the Force.

Scouts at 1st level get 5 + 1 int bonus +1 human= 7 skills at first level.  I get two more skills.  I don't know the system at all so are there skills that I should lean toward taking?

Here is my sheet so far
Quote this message in a reply
Is your character starting out as a Scout or a Jedi class? Scouts don't have Use the Force as a class skill and Jedi don't have Stealth and Survival as class skills. Beginning class also determines 1st level hit points. Scouts start with 24 + Con bonus HPS/Jedis start with 30 + Con bonus HPS.

If you are going Scout 1st level, as your post indicates, the only way to get the Use the Force skill is to take the Feat: Skill Training (and have an empty slot in your starting skills)
Well I took the Feat, Force sensitivity which says, I can make Use the Force checks and Use the Force is considered a class skill.  Also, whenever I get a new talent I can pick a force talent instead.

I didn't really understand the hit point thing.  I just thought I got 24+1con=25 hp's for first level and then an additional 5+1 con =6 for each level up to 4th.  So, 25+6+6+6= 43 hp's.  Am I mistaken?
Some things to consider are, was your character trained from childhood to be a Jedi? If so then picking Jedi as your starting class makes sense, after the purge your character wouldn't have anyone to continue his/her training but would have learned other skills like Scout stuff. Or you were a Scout and stumbled upon some ancient Jedi training aids which unlocked your Force potential. You've been searching for all the Force knowledge you could get ever since, slowly improving your abilities...

Your Hit Point math is correct. Acrobatics is always good with a variety of uses. You might find Deception a useful skill if you are a Jedi on the run.
Weren't there many Jedi who actually survived Order 66?  Just checking the Wookieepiedia there is a large list who survived.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:..._survivors

I figured that possibly one of them could have found me, saw my potential and took me as their Padawan.   If you don't wish to use that information then maybe a force ghost could train me or I could be self taught like Luke was between the death of Obi Wan and him finding Yoda.

I don't think Acrobatics and Deception are Scout skills.
(04-23-2016, 04:08 AM)Nexendia Wrote: Weren't there many Jedi who actually survived Order 66?  Just checking the Wookieepiedia there is a large list who survived.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:..._survivors

I figured that possibly one of them could have found me, saw my potential and took me as their Padawan.   If you don't wish to use that information then maybe a force ghost could train me or I could be self taught like Luke was between the death of Obi Wan and him finding Yoda.

I don't think Acrobatics and Deception are Scout skills.

I didn't realize how many survived. Thanks for the info. Hopefully my ideas got the creative brain juices flowing. Either way, come up with a backstory that you like and I will fit it in with the story. I like to incorporate characters backgrounds into my stories as sort of mile markers of the campaign. You never know when someone from your past will show up and totally steer you off course but propel the story further.
I read in the book that you can't change your force powers once they are picked.  But since some of us aren't really familiar with the game I was wondering if we could bend that rule a little?   There are so many force powers that I'm finding it a little overwhelming trying to pick.  Also I don't know you're DM style so I could take a power like Force Pilot but end up never piloting a ship.  So I was wondering if Force users could do something similar to what Sorcerers can do in D&D.  Starting at 4th level and then every even level there after, they can replace an old power for a new power.

If you would rather not, then that's fine.  I just felt I should ask before carving my powers in stone.
Oh and what year are we in? How many years after Order 66 are we playing in?
(04-23-2016, 04:43 PM)Nexendia Wrote: I read in the book that you can't change your force powers once they are picked.  But since some of us aren't really familiar with the game I was wondering if we could bend that rule a little?   There are so many force powers that I'm finding it a little overwhelming trying to pick.  Also I don't know you're DM style so I could take a power like Force Pilot but end up never piloting a ship.  So I was wondering if Force users could do something similar to what Sorcerers can do in D&D.  Starting at 4th level and then every even level there after, they can replace an old power for a new power.

If you would rather not, then that's fine.  I just felt I should ask before carving my powers in stone.
If during the course of gameplay you become unhappy with your character we can find a way together to tweak your character. This goes for everyone, but keep in mind that your characters are level 4 so there's plenty of room for improvement. Try to pick good starting feats/powers that will keep your character alive. My hope is to provide a good balance with combat, roleplay, and moral dilemmas requiring some gut checks and ingenuity. In the end, I will adapt to everyone's play style and provide an enjoyable yet challenging game. I prefer to leave any exact date hidden in the mysterious ethers of spaceSmile unless it's vital to character creation then I will give you one.
I just discovered that droid DO get Force points. So now I need to read up on those rules.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon