RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
Satisfied with the plan and Nex's magic, Vidar will do his best to lead the group through the forest when everyone is ready. He looks for animal trails to follow and stay on course. (+5 Perception to find an animal trail, +5 Survival to not get lost and avoid any natural hazards) While they are traveling he will keep an eye out for any wild berries or other sources of sweet food.

Ooc - yeah don't want to die at level 1, but I guess it's better than dying at level 20 Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Valdi grunts in ascent to Nexendia.

"I have no desire to provoke the creatures in their own home. I'd prefer if we make them allies, if possible."

He casts detect magic as suggested, but also has his Light spell handy if we get anywhere that is dim from dense foliage.

[OoC is it allowable to us Guidance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/guidance/) on Perception skill checks? If it is I will be repeatedly casting Guidance on EVERYONE duration 1 minute until discharged]
(01-23-2018, 11:26 AM)Valdi Wrote: [OoC is it allowable to us Guidance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/guidance/) on Perception skill checks?  If it is I will be repeatedly casting Guidance on EVERYONE   duration 1 minute until discharged]

[OoC:  Unless the DM says otherwise, YES you can!  That's what makes it one of the best Orisons for Priests. ]
Eran follows the plan and casts Detect Magic + Acid Splash.
[[OoC1: Which direction are you Detecting for Magic? And, honestly, no. None of this is truly overkill. You just decided to move from the plains immediately surrounding Oleg's Trading Post (newbie zone, basically) to the Northern Narlmarches, which is a bit of an uptick in challenge for whatever reason.
OoC2: There is no DM caveat regarding Guidance. As Nex stated, it is among the finer orisons, not just for priests/clerics/etc but in general. Competence bonuses are fairly common but always useful for a low-level group. Especially when they can be applied to any desired effect.]]

Andra nods and beckons Happs to join her ahead of the group to scout ahead, to the accompanying mutters of the former bandit ranger. The two of them quickly disappear in the underbrush. The sounds of crickets chirping are ever-present and butterflies flutter all about the high canopy. All around you is a sense of activity, a buzz of Life, the hum of Nature.

((Intentions? Are you just exploring or do you want to map the place out?))
(01-23-2018, 09:30 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[OoC1: Which direction are you Detecting for Magic?  And, honestly, no.  None of this is truly overkill.  You just decided to move from the plains immediately surrounding Oleg's Trading Post (newbie zone, basically) to the Northern Narlmarches, which is a bit of an uptick in challenge for whatever reason.
[OoC Since there are three of us detecting magic, we should be able to easily cover ahead and to both sides with our 60' cones]
(01-23-2018, 09:30 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: OoC2: There is no DM caveat regarding Guidance.  As Nex stated, it is among the finer orisons, not just for priests/clerics/etc but in general.  Competence bonuses are fairly common but always useful for a low-level group.  Especially when they can be applied to any desired effect.]]
Valdi will stop to cast Guidance every few minures on everyone, then recast his Detect Magic.

(01-23-2018, 09:30 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: Andra nods and beckons Happs to join her ahead of the group to scout ahead, to the accompanying mutters of the former bandit ranger.  The two of them quickly disappear in the underbrush.  The sounds of crickets chirping are ever-present and butterflies flutter all about the high canopy.  All around you is a sense of activity, a buzz of Life, the hum of Nature.

((Intentions?  Are you just exploring or do you want to map the place out?))
[OoC2 I vote explore]
(01-24-2018, 12:04 AM)Valdi Wrote: [OoC2 I vote explore]

Mee too.
[OoC: What do you guy's mean, Me Too? What do you think this is, a democracy???  There's no vote here!!  Angry

Tongue  Kidding

Me too... Blush  ]
[[Are we waiting on me? Classwork + Work-work + illness = a very frustrated, stressed-out dougfan.]]
[OoC: Yes, I think we are.  ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon