RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
Torin and his mule moved closer to the leaders.
Merri moves in and attacks the mantis.  (Screwed up my die roll.  Should be +1 to both.  I think... Nope. My sig is wrong.)

attack; damage [1d20+8] = 9+8 = 17 [2d6+2] = 8+2 = 10
OOC Giant - Thanks, moved Merri +1 up the ranks due to her original roll.
OOC Torin - I saw your path marked and that's fine since you have a base movement of 30 (dwarf with Longstrider). I also marked a straight path up to 60ft that shows that you can move +1 square in Euclidean measures.
OOC everyone - You may use "by the rules" distance or Euclidean distance in general, whichever is more beneficial for you at a given situation but you must end your move in a full 5ft square whenever possible. The campaign roll20 page is set to use Euclidean if you use the ruler from the toolbar. Guess it's campaign specific and not for my user only.
OOC Merri - Merri is now at the edge of the illuminated area 60 feet behind the "big boys" who in turn are 40ft away from the two mantis so Merri should sprint 100 feet to be able to attack in melee in the first round.
Also, considering the light radius of 20/40ft and her low light vision she has shadowy illumination up to 80ft, still too short to see the targets... unless Merri has Maul's goggles (please remind me; I guess Shanna had it because she was the only one with no improved sight)
But having a look at roll20 I can see that you only moved up to meet the boys so I assume it's a double move this round and possible attack in next (in which case it may become a full attack, but we shall see).
OOC everyone - It's fine if you specify actions for several rounds in advance; you can always modify them before I wrap up the events to those actions. E.g. in this case if Merri goes off I'll assume a melee attack is her plan for the second round and her player can modify this before init 19 of round 2.
OOC everyone - I assume Merri and Shanna move together with Torin and his pony so no penalty for stumbling around in the dark... this time.

Shanna's up! (OOC - guess finishes her spell after moving up a little... but please specify whom to target: front 3 people or whoever's behind?)
I was counting squares on Roll 20 and should be in range. Am I not reading the map right?
[[Hard for me to read and manipulate the map on roll20...]]
Shanna moves up until she is 20' from the front group (I guess...cant see anything otherwise).  When in position, she waggles her fingers over the licorice and intones "Mehiroot'ah!"

When she is finished, there is a sudden rush among the stronger combatants, making them feel faster.

((Haste casted))
(01-10-2018, 12:43 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: [[Hard for me to read and manipulate the map on roll20...]]
Shanna moves up until she is 20' from the front group (I guess...cant see anything otherwise).  When in position, she waggles her fingers over the licorice and intones "Mehiroot'ah!"

When she is finished, there is a sudden rush among the stronger combatants, making them feel faster.

((Haste casted))

I don't know how familiar you are with Roll20 but did you know you can adjust the size of the map?  You can also measure the distance between objects and can chart a path for your character and it will show you along the line how many feet you have traveled.
OOC Merri - the map is scaled 1sq=10ft, that's why your avatars are so small.
OOC Toot - Chart a path is something I don't know, would welcome a brief howto in OOC thread.

Shanna casts her spell and Lugar, Giant, Merri feel an urge coursing through their veins!
Torin moves closer.

The mantis to the right of the path leaps airborne, straight towards Giant!
(Lugar can make his readied attack since he can now see the insect)
Unless Lugar manages to incapacitate the insect (using poison I guess, please remind me of Fort DC) the mantis slashes a nasty gush on the flat-footed ranger's face (AC27, -7hp) upon landing.
It tries to eat the half-orc! (Giant, roll opposed grapple check against the insect's check of 25)
Even if it holds, though, it fails to bite him, the horrible mandibles screeching terribly on the magical chain shirt. (AC12)

Giant's up! (if you failed the opposed grapple check above then you are now grappled and held in the creature's space)
[[Not very familiar at all]]
OOC - What's about SG's ready?
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid29995
3.5 grapple(?): 2(roll)+8(bab)+5(str)=15

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon