RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
awesome!
Quote this message in a reply
I will be hopefully posting Sunday night or Monday morning.  So if anyone else has anything else to add to the conversation please do.  

Is Kee going to share with the group or Selina what his Sense Motive Skill learned?
(12-31-2017, 03:35 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: I will be hopefully posting Sunday night or Monday morning.  So if anyone else has anything else to add to the conversation please do.  

Is Kee going to share with the group or Selina what his Sense Motive Skill learned?

Yes if they were alone.
I have added some maps for the City of New Crobuzon and the region around the city.  You can find them by clicking the World Info: New Crobuzon link in my Signature.  They are in the first post.  I do have a color map of the City but I have to get a high-rez copy of it which I hope to have in the next couple of days.
(01-03-2018, 06:40 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I have added some maps for the City of New Crobuzon and the region around the city.  You can find them by clicking the World Info: New Crobuzon link in my Signature.  They are in the first post.  I do have a color map of the City but I have to get a high-rez copy of it which I hope to have in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the maps.  You know, if you keep putting so much thought into this world we aren't going to want to leave! Wink
(01-08-2018, 04:45 AM)Forge Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 06:40 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I have added some maps for the City of New Crobuzon and the region around the city.  You can find them by clicking the World Info: New Crobuzon link in my Signature.  They are in the first post.  I do have a color map of the City but I have to get a high-rez copy of it which I hope to have in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the maps.  You know, if you keep putting so much thought into this world we aren't going to want to leave! Wink

Well thank you.  I hope that despite how evil and corrupt this world is, that once you leave, it will be interesting enough for you all to want to come back.  In fact, depending upon your actions, you may voluntarily come back.  I also have to add that this world is actually based on a great series of books.  Even though the novels follow a completely different story from what this campaign is doing, I have borrowed quite a bit from the author's descriptions to help bring the world to life.  

I want to also mention that if a player adds a skill point to Knowledge (Local) and indicates New Crobuzon, I have a PDF that I will give to the player that will open up quite a bit of information about this world.  Unfortunately Betimi's Vestige doesn't allow her access to all this information because she is still considered to be 'untrained' but I have been revealing information she would know as we go.

I will be posting either tonight at work or tomorrow morning.
Hope you feel better.  The whole family had a bad stomach bug about two weeks ago. So bad... just bad... smell bad
Work + classwork + extended sinus illness = SadSad
Wisdom is not among the strengths of Nacesh but if Selina brings up her dilemma he offers that maybe it would be better if someone with no business intent would talk to the guy... Anyway, if there are two ways to proceed then:
a) tell the grave news first. May mean no business today. (being pushy would probably qualify as a certificate of being assho insensitive)
b) do the business first. Means we withheld information for selfish reasons, a complete lack of sincerity. You don't want to be unsincere with a possible rebel, do you.

It would be nice to know how Cactacae think about life. (maybe Betimi knows?) If their exterior gives a hint then "life's hard and cruel" probably means that they can endure grave news (particularly since they have this overeager government). On the other hand, being unsincere may earn his rage and, possibly, revenge. So I give it a chance that option (a) may work.
1. Go in with compassionate face.
2. Tell the grave news.
3. Wait politely for him to offer business as if nothing happened ("what kin ah git fer ya" or similar.)
4. Do business.
5. Leave and never look behind. (well this part may be tricky for LG people Smile )
(02-09-2018, 08:24 AM)Nacesh Wrote: Wisdom is not among the strengths of Nacesh but if Selina brings up her dilemma he offers that maybe it would be better if someone with no business intent would talk to the guy... Anyway, if there are two ways to proceed then:
a) tell the grave news first. May mean no business today. (being pushy would probably qualify as a certificate of being assho insensitive)
b) do the business first. Means we withheld information for selfish reasons, a complete lack of sincerity. You don't want to be unsincere with a possible rebel, do you.

It would be nice to know how Cactacae think about life. (maybe Betimi knows?) If their exterior gives a hint then "life's hard and cruel" probably means that they can endure grave news (particularly since they have this overeager government). On the other hand, being unsincere may earn his rage and, possibly, revenge. So I give it a chance that option (a) may work.
1. Go in with compassionate face.
2. Tell the grave news.
3. Wait politely for him to offer business as if nothing happened ("what kin ah git fer ya" or similar.)
4. Do business.
5. Leave and never look behind. (well this part may be tricky for LG people Smile )

Very good points and observations.  My dilemma is how would Forge react? Perhaps Forge could relate on a simpler level, as a weapon-smith? Good job on Kee's partSmile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon