RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Escape from the Mines (Shunna Maza , Ubi Sunt & Callie)
(11-20-2017, 08:13 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: So with two move actions you move 12 squares, what square do you plan on ending up. Just like D&D v3.5 ever second diagonal movement costs two squares

[OoC:  Actually, on page 158 on the bottom right it states that EACH diagonal square counts as TWO squares.  It's why Shunna didn't bother chasing him because even with the Surge power she would never have caught up to him.  Though she might have been able to have gotten within range to use Mind Trick (12 squares) if moving diagonally was like 3.5e.]
Quote this message in a reply
Ahhh I made an assumption that it was same as 3.5 there. THAT I am going to houserule, as 2 squares per diagonal simply does not make sense.. sorry if that affected your choice not to surge I will allow you t modify your prior action.

Updated map to reflect a sample of Callie's move and also to fix the coordinates tags so we don't get confused as we move through the map.

[Image: arena-round-3_4.jpg]
[OoC: Are we waiting for something or someone?  If it's me, Shunna would need a DC 20 (A 5 on UTF) to get the maximum bonus of +6 squares to add to her move action.  I believe that would allow her to move to T11 which would allow one Stormtrooper to get an AoO.  Then even if I were to use a Force Point to give me 2 extra squares which would place me at V11 I would still be 13 squares away from Kratos.  Mind Trick has a range of 12 Squares so Shunna still wouldn't be able to reach him with her power.  There wouldn't even be any "Metagaming" because Shunna moved to L13 so she could see where Kratos is before she would decide to use Surge (Swift Action) or Move Object (Standard Action).  Seeing that he has moved too far she chooses use Move Object (ineffectively) to throw the Stormtrooper so the Talz wouldn't be subjected to an AoO when he fired at Kratos.]

[OoC2:  I hope this explanation makes sense.  Shunna won't be changing her action.]

[OoC3: So who's turn is it? ]
[OoC I was waiting to see if Callie accepted where I placed her pog at the end of her double move, and to see if you changed your action. I will continue with Kratos' action in a post later today. Right now I am up early because it is Black Friday and it is wide open overtime all weekend, so going to start work 5 hours early every day this weekend.]

[Edirt: OK BEST INTENTIONS FAILED>> I did not get to post while working Sad and i am not staying up to post after a 15 hour work day]
So lazy! Uh...I mean wonderful job, take a break! Big Grin

I'm fine where I'm at. I did forget about the straight line thing, though. I'll catch up eventually and give him the beating of his life.
(11-25-2017, 11:33 AM)Callie Wrote: So lazy!  Uh...I mean wonderful job, take a break!  Big Grin

I'm fine where I'm at.  I did forget about the straight line thing, though.  I'll catch up eventually and give him the beating of his life.

[OoC: Does Callie have her lightsaber or was it taken?  If it was taken, Shunna might consider letting Callie use her lightsaber if she knew whose side she was assuredly on.  At the moment, Shunna is better with her blaster until she can pick up the Weapon Finesse feat (if she ever does.)  Though it is handy for deflecting one or two blasters.  After that the penalties of -5 per additional shot after the first is too insane.  Though I think there's a talent that reduces that to -2 per additional shot.  Sorry.. Rambling.   Tongue ]

Quote:[Edirt: OK BEST INTENTIONS FAILED>> I did not get to post while working Sad and i am not staying up to post after a 15 hour work day]

[OoC2:  That's fine.  I didn't end up doing anything on the character on Thursday like I planned.  I guess I overdid it on Wednesday and my joints decided the get back at me.  Getting old, sucks.  Confused  ]
(11-25-2017, 02:03 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 11:33 AM)Callie Wrote: So lazy!  Uh...I mean wonderful job, take a break!  Big Grin

I'm fine where I'm at.  I did forget about the straight line thing, though.  I'll catch up eventually and give him the beating of his life.

[OoC: Does Callie have her lightsaber or was it taken?  If it was taken, Shunna might consider letting Callie use her lightsaber if she knew whose side she was assuredly on.  At the moment, Shunna is better with her blaster until she can pick up the Weapon Finesse feat (if she ever does.)  Though it is handy for deflecting one or two blasters.  After that the penalties of -5 per additional shot after the first is too insane.  Though I think there's a talent that reduces that to -2 per additional shot.  Sorry.. Rambling.   Tongue ]
[ooc Not every character that takes the jedi class starts with a lightsaber. There are plenty if other Force trained paths.]
Callie has neither lightsabor nor proficiency to wield it. Though I do hope to change that down the road.
Kratos turn

Kratos quickly punches a code into the blast door access pad and the doors slide open, both up/down, and sideways, revealing a group of four station security soldiers that appeared just about to do the same on the far side.  Kratos quickly moves past them. down the passage.

FOGS Turn

"The home team has arrived. The insurrection will be mopped up momentarily!"

Station Security Teams turn

They break ranks as Kratos pushes past. One of them holds a finger up to his earpiece commlink.

~"Yes captain, we have them in sight. Understood."~

Almost in unison they turn and gun Kratos down in a hail of automatic blaster fire.

The lead trooper looks at the others and barks new orders.
"The escapees have gunned down the Imperial commander! Eliminate them!"

The station security forces turn back to face both the Stormtroopers and you.

Shunna's Turn!

Initiatives

Callie: 28
Kratos - 26
F0G - 25
Station Security: 21
Shunna - 19
Ubi Sunt - 16
Friendlies - 10
Storm Troopers - 7

Map updated
[Image: arena-round-4.jpg]
Shunna calls out to everyone, "They might have grenades.  Don't bunch up!"  But she makes a point to look directly at the Captain, who is standing beside her.  "That means you too!"

She then concentrates...

[Full Round Action: Use the Force Talent called Force Focus; Page 101; Top left; Make a DC: 15 UTF check to regain a power; Regaining Force Slam;  I have a UTF +15 so the check is automatic.]

Shunna then moves 5' to M14.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon