RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
OOC - Green, not black. Fine, is it better for us? Smile His type is not water but he has WB too. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Toot will tell everyone what the rat described.  He then adds, "Me has heard of certain dragons that are green like forests but me not know much about them. [Even though Green Dragons almost exclusively live in Temperate Forests.  Dodgy ]  Maybe someone who has greater knowledge with arcane creatures might enlighten us more."  Toot then turns and blinks expectantly at the Wizards and Bard.
(04-25-2017, 02:40 PM)Toot Wrote: Toot will tell everyone what the rat described.  He then adds, "Me has heard of certain dragons that are green like forests but me not know much about them. [Even though Green Dragons almost exclusively live in Temperate Forests.  Dodgy ]  Maybe someone who has greater knowledge with arcane creatures might enlighten us more."  Toot then turns and blinks expectantly at the Wizards and Bard.

Me too. - he shrugs - I know only from old tales dragons are fearsome creatures, I have never seen one.
Ooc - Crystal Grove happens to be part of a temperate forest... sorry if it wasn't clear

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
(04-25-2017, 07:40 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Ooc - Crystal Grove happens to be part of a temperate forest... sorry if it wasn't clear

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

OoC - Crystal Clear!

"Well it certainly sounds like we are dealing with a dragon." He stops in contemplation. "If we come across more animals we can find out if it's the dragon they are running from, until then it looks like we are tracking it down.  I don't like this...."  Lugar is quietly thinking about hiding his shiny valuable magic items, having heard legends of a dragon's desire for wealth and how they could sack an entire dwarven stronghold.
(04-25-2017, 12:36 PM)Toot Wrote: When Whiskers crawls out of the Wizard's robe, Toot's eyes grow huge.  Even though she was disgustingly pretty, Shanna was truly and surprisingly becoming one of Toot's favorite people.  If he could only get her to part with some of her special paper she'd be (almost) perfect.  She was still one of the big folk and not a Jermlaine.  

"Y... you not say you rat friend," Toot whispers quietly enough so he doesn't scare the rat he was talking to.  "Me asked what skills you had and you not mention your companion!"  That was almost unforgivable - almost.  BUT Toot was so happy to see a "familiar" face [see what I did there?  Tongue ] He peed himself, just a dribble.  "What rat name?  Rat certainly welcome to make friends as long as other rat not be territorial."

[OoC: Rats apparently are territorial.  See quote below.  A familiar is more intelligent so it could probably resist its natural instincts but the wild rat would likely be aggressive if Whiskers got too close.]
Quote:This applies to both groups of males and females. However, rats are territorial animals, meaning that they usually act aggressively or scared of strange rats. Rats will fluff up their hair, hiss, squeal, and move their tails around when defending their territory.

Shanna simply raises an eyebrow at Toot's anger at her apparent obfuscation.  "No indeed, I did not.  But you did not necessarily make it clear that my friend was considered a 'skill'.  I do not consider him to be such.  And I am no 'rat-friend'.  I am merely friends with this one.  His name is 'Whiskers', by the by."  Shanna knew nothing of rats being territorial.  Knowledge about rats was distinctly not her strong suit.

(04-25-2017, 02:40 PM)Toot Wrote: Toot will tell everyone what the rat described.  He then adds, "Me has heard of certain dragons that are green like forests but me not know much about them. [Even though Green Dragons almost exclusively live in Temperate Forests.  Dodgy ]  Maybe someone who has greater knowledge with arcane creatures might enlighten us more."  Toot then turns and blinks expectantly at the Wizards and Bard.

Shanna nods.  "Indeed.  Marvelous creatures, dragons.  Perhaps it may surprise you to know that Green Dragons do call forests home...but I hope not too much..."  She then lapses into relaying what she knows about such creatures.

Know(arcana): [1d20+17] = 19+17 = 36!

((OOC: Oooof!  That is some serious nailage on the knowledge score.))
"Thank you little friend. I will leave you this great reward for your help, just here where you can get it safely." He tosses a small pile of granola and sausage just in the grass in front of him in a small pile. [crossing off a full days rations]

Then he withdraws to let the rat continue to converse with toot, and talks to the rest of the party.

"Dragons radiate dragon fear, so that much begins to make sense. It could travel quite far to hunt, so its lair could be anywhere, but given how frequentkly it seems to hit this spot, i bet it comes back."
Shanna knows practically all the written lore (OOC - everything written in the MM) about true dragons in general, chromatic dragons as a subgroup, and green dragons in particular. Based on the descriptions the others gave she can also tell that a green dragon of this size is centuries old (OOC - Huge size, meaning at least Adult)

She also knows that dragons like to protect their lairs with deadly wards and while many sorcerers claim to have draconic blood in their veins, some dragons are said to alter their breath weapons mimicking how wizards and sorcerers alter their spells (OOC - metabreath feats), explaining how the burn marks could be mistaken for black dragon breath earlier.

She even recalls a famous quote from some archaic parchment, written by Aloysius Egon Greegier, an armchair dragon scholar,
Greegier Wrote:Dragons are scaly, they lay eggs, and they are utterly lacking in any mammalian characteristics. The notion that they are warm-blooded is silly.
Rumour has it that his quote was commented by a golden dragon, Kacdaninymila,
Kacdaninymila said and not Wrote:Just like a humanoid to quote three facts, get one of them wrong, and then draw an unrelated conclusion from the lot.
Briefly put, "Never say never."

OOC - sorry but the dice said our resident loremaster has surpassed our resident bard in storytelling this time Smile
So have we chance to beat him in a fight or not? - he asks
Based on what little Giant has heard about dragons where he came from, a dragon of this size can wipe out an entire orc tribe (chieftains and shamans included) without getting even a little winded in the process. He can't really tell whether he himself is currently more powerful than his past chieftain, though. And that bedtime story was not necessarily about a green dragon.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon