RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
(Damn. Must have closed my browser before my post went up yesterday. And of course work is being stupid today. )

Merri does a quick look around to assess for danger as soon as she is through the gate. The idyllic scene is surprising and tempting. The recent memory of alarm bells still ringing in her ears helps her resist kicking off her boots and running through the grass and water. "Ah, I see," she remarks to the air. "Faerie," she says louder so everyone can hear. "We are in the realm of the Fey. It may look normal to the eye, but it is a realm of chaos. Look at everything through a skeptic's eye and perhaps you will be safe."
When Boo gets distracted Toot will pat his side and tell everyone that Boo is distracted by something in the waves.

Boo will be using his Scent ability.

[OoC: Toot spot/listen = +7; Boo's spot/listen = +4 ]
(03-24-2017, 05:57 PM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: "Faerie," she says louder so everyone can hear.  "We are in the realm of the Fey.  It may look normal to the eye, but it is a realm of chaos.  Look at everything through a skeptic's eye and perhaps you will be safe."

Toot doesn't need any reason to not trust something so while he is looking/ listening he will also be disbelieving.

[OoC: Will saves +14]

Quote:Resist Nature’s Lure (Ex)

Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like abilities of fey.
(03-24-2017, 04:47 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - deleted two posts because those are based on spoilers that went awry. Please ignore.

OOC - Based on spoilers? Have I missed something?
"Umm is there anyone here that needs better vision in poor light?  Maul seems to have gifted us with his goggles. I can use them, they grant darkvision, which would work with my low-light vision, but if someone has even worse vision than I, then I am not going to claim these....    I mean if no one else is in even more need than I, i will happily don them..."

Portho sees Boo sniffing the air near the pond, and hears Toot describe the area they are in as the realm of the Fay. His eyes widen.

He grunts and growls inquisitively to Boo:
"What do you smell? Is it a fish?"

If Boo responds he will instantly translate for Toot.
(03-24-2017, 06:07 PM)Toot Wrote: When Boo gets distracted Toot will pat his side and tell everyone that Boo is distracted by something in the waves.

Boo will be using his Scent ability.

[OoC: Toot spot/listen = +7; Boo's spot/listen = +4 ]

Enemies in the waves? - Giant readies his longbow and starts blinking.
(03-24-2017, 07:37 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC1 - ALL - fixed time above, it's twilight, not night. And no way to know if it's summer, only that it's nice weather.
OOC2 - @Portho Nihilbuck - it's just lying there, as if someone dropped it at his feet.
OOC3 - @Silent Giant - Yes, it was spring.
OOC4 - @Lugar - the light is not gone; it just stopped twirling around.
OOC5 - @Shanna Rendin - no on-the-fly rolls please. Those can't be tracked and thus they will be discarded. I rerolled for you this time and almost got the same result...

Shanna cannot recognise the workings of the column of light but it seems to be the one Geddin referred to as "kind of" conjuration. The closest resemblance is Prismatic Wall.

Shanna looks around to ascertain the planar characteristics.
Lifting her palm to face the wind, picking up a pebble and throwing it at some distance, hopping in place...
This place has a gravity lighter than what she's used to. Her hands were too easy to lift, the pebble flew too far.
But at least the pebble did fly, meaning that the morphic of the plane is alterable (OOC - you can manipulate objects native to this plane)
The strange constellation of sun and full moon ring a bell but she cannot put her fingers on the pulse of this reality to name a plane.

"A prismatic wall that bridges planes.  Indeed, Most fascinating!"  Back to her surroundings, everything seemed...lighter here.  She lifts a few more pebbles and grinds them together, feeling for whether it is only the gravity that is affected or if the atmosphere also reacts in a different way.

Something is...different...

(03-24-2017, 05:57 PM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: (Damn.  Must have closed my browser before my post went up yesterday.  And of course work is being stupid today.  )

Merri does a quick look around to assess for danger as soon as she is through the gate.  The idyllic scene is surprising and tempting.  The recent memory of alarm bells still ringing in her ears helps her resist kicking off her boots and running through the grass and water.  "Ah, I see," she remarks to the air.  "Faerie," she says louder so everyone can hear.  "We are in the realm of the Fey.  It may look normal to the eye, but it is a realm of chaos.  Look at everything through a skeptic's eye and perhaps you will be safe."

Shanna's eyebrows rise mildly as she delicately slips one of her wands from her braids.  Of course.  We're on a plane of Chaos.  That must be why everything only seems normal.

"Alright.  If those lights weren't suspicious enough..."  She doesn't finish her statement, senses now fully ready to disbelieve everything.  She taps herself once with the wand in her hand, then says "...hold still, please.  This will help defend us."  She touches every member of the party, bear included, with it.

((Protection from Chaos for everyone.))
(03-24-2017, 06:49 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: "Umm is there anyone here that needs better vision in poor light?  Maul seems to have gifted us with his goggles. I can use them, they grant darkvision, which would work with my low-light vision, but if someone has even worse vision than I, then I am not going to claim these....    I mean if no one else is in even more need than I, i will happily don them..."

Portho sees Boo sniffing the air near the pond, and hears Toot describe the area they are in as the realm of the Fay. His eyes widen.

He grunts and growls inquisitively to Boo:
"What do you smell? Is it a fish?"

If Boo responds he will instantly translate for Toot.

I guess it made sense for someone to have prepared Speak with Animals...
[OoC: Portho is a Forest Gnome so he gets speak with animals for free.   ]
((OOC...Ah, I see. My mistake, then.))
(03-24-2017, 07:24 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: ...
I guess it made sense for someone to have prepared Speak with Animals...

[OoC forest gnome.. I actually just speak Forest animal as if it were a language.. no magic involved.. ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon