RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-1: Falter and Scream
"No thanks, I'm fine." Lugar replies to Torin.  "I wonder what happened to our elf friend SG?  Do you think they revived her?.... If this meeting is about our next mission, I think I will need to upgrade my weapons.  Murkatos, maybe they will let you use their forge and you can help us turn the adamantine we found into enchanted weapons or armor?".... Lugar thinks about the chant of ages.  "Throw the second key into the sea of fear.." He mumbles.  "We need to find a way to protect our minds or counter fear."
Quote this message in a reply
(03-11-2017, 05:36 PM)Lugar Wrote: "No thanks, I'm fine." Lugar replies to Torin.  "I wonder what happened to our elf friend SG?  Do you think they revived her?.... If this meeting is about our next mission, I think I will need to upgrade my weapons.  Murkatos, maybe they will let you use their forge and you can help us turn the adamantine we found into enchanted weapons or armor?".... Lugar thinks about the chant of ages.  "Throw the second key into the sea of fear.." He mumbles.  "We need to find a way to protect our minds or counter fear."

No, I don't think, she was very-very dead. But if they can do that it contradicts the laws of nature, so it must be a miracle.

Fear? Hate was undead. Hm, so what do you think which creature is the most fearful? ... After me, of course, he-he. A devil, a demon, a dragon, a drawelf, a dwarf, a duergar,  or something else not starting with "d"?
"A mind-flayer. Doesn't begin with "d." If it's a dragon though...." Lugar trails off in silence, afraid to admit he's afraid of fighting a dragon.
- Could you cite the whole chant? And anything else which you know.

ooc - As a player I know it, but If I remember correctly, Torin doesn't know it. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....1#pid17661
"Oh, uhmm, here it goes." Cough.
"Throw the first key into the sea of hate

Throw the second key into the sea of fear
Throw the third key into the sea of senselessness
And make the people hold each other's hands
The fourth key belongs into the sea of greed

And the fifth into the sea of ignorance
Disease, disease, disease my friend
For this whole world's in devil's hand
Throw the key or you may die." Cough. "Yep, I think that's it."
(03-11-2017, 11:51 PM)Lugar Wrote: "A mind-flayer. Doesn't begin with "d." If it's a dragon though...." Lugar trails off in silence, afraid to admit he's afraid of fighting a dragon.

Flayer? What-flayer? I have never heard about them. What do you know about them? What is their weakness? How can we hunt them and where are they living?
(03-12-2017, 04:24 AM)Lugar Wrote: "Oh, uhmm, here it goes." Cough. 

"Well, that's all rather morbid.  Where did yu hear or read this prophecy first? I will need to think on it."

[Bardic Knowledge [1d20+12] = 11+12 = 23]
(03-10-2017, 11:58 AM)Lugar Wrote: Ooc- Could not stop laughing Smile

[OoC: I'm happy Toot is entertaining  Big Grin  ]

(03-11-2017, 11:51 PM)Lugar Wrote: "A mind-flayer. Doesn't begin with "d." If it's a dragon though...." Lugar trails off in silence, afraid to admit he's afraid of fighting a dragon.

When a dragon is mentioned, Toot stops his chewing and swallows hard.  He then peers around like he's worried someone might hear him, then whispers, "Maybe it's an itchy dragon!  Me Uncle Snotrott told me about one of them.  He was so scared it turned him ash white and he never had trouble going sticky again."
(03-12-2017, 03:33 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 04:24 AM)Lugar Wrote: "Oh, uhmm, here it goes." Cough. 

"Well, that's all rather morbid.  Where did yu hear or read this prophecy first? I will need to think on it."

[Bardic Knowledge [1d20+12] = 11+12 = 23]
 "The council.  If memory serves me, it came from Master Geddin directly."
The armourer listens to the conversation with mild interest while chewing on a particularly tough piece of salted meat and a piece of vintage cheese.

"I don't think I should face any more 'fear'; better support your quest from the local smith's workshop."

OOC - in exchange for saving his life Murkatos will repair, create, and upgrade magic arms and armour up to CL8 on creation cost.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon