RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-11: The Sea of Hate
(02-11-2017, 09:29 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: No-no. We can't be sure you are the real Mendor not someone else.

"Does the name matter?"

(02-11-2017, 09:05 PM)Torin Wrote: - I never heard these names, and you?

(02-11-2017, 01:11 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar smirks. ~Clever fellow~ "My friend is wary of strangers. A wise precaution. You are much safer here. There are powerful magics here, things that could destroy you if you were to follow me. . . We don't want that do we?"

OOC - I'm not sure that Lugar would believe the construct could harm an incorporeal creature but it's plausible at least so... yeah I think you're pretty much right.

"First your master then your friend. First he summoned us then we are strangers. And yet, it's me whose safety you are concerned about?... Well go ahead then and join us in the circle. Or, if you want to destroy me then go ahead and throw at me whatever you have."
Quote this message in a reply
"Ok, have it your way.  My friend here would love to destroy you. He's very good at destroying." He gestures towards Silent Giant. Lugar looks to Portho,   "Let's not keep Mendor waiting buddy.  Give it another toss, I guess old Mendor wants to go to oblivion. He doesn't want to meet our Master. I suppose the Master will be mad at us, but there's others he could bestow his mighty powers on."

Lugar looks to Portho and whispers, "Call the others, we need help."

Bluff = 22 Smile
"So what am I supposed to do, other than waiting for you to destroy me?"

OOC - talking seems to be a stalemate. Anyone's willing to actually do something? Anything?
[OoC Portho isn't wiling to stop his oration to even talk,, he simply stays next to the trapdoor, reciting his oration, rapier ready in hand]
(02-13-2017, 08:03 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: "First your master then your friend. First he summoned us then we are strangers. And yet, it's me whose safety you are concerned about?... Well go ahead then and join us in the circle. Or, if you want to destroy me then go ahead and throw at me whatever you have."

Okay, just wait a moment.

Can I use the undead slayer curved dagger? - He asks Lugar

ooc1 - Or will you throw the circlet in?

ooc2 - I can't remember what we know about daggers? One of them is "good" and the other one is "evil"?

ooc3 - Lugar, can't you command one skeleton directly? For example to lift his hand up, etc?
(02-13-2017, 08:03 PM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 09:29 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: No-no. We can't be sure you are the real Mendor not someone else.

"Does the name matter?"

Yeah, if you are the real librarian you must know how can you close this gate.
OOC - Go dig the archives for what info you have on the daggers Wink I can't recall anyone detecting evil on them; you may know something about the schools of magic involved, though.

(02-14-2017, 09:04 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Can I use the undead slayer curved dagger? - He asks Lugar

"Yes, yes, come forth and stab the skeletons to bone splinters," Mendor replies, eagerly.

(02-14-2017, 09:11 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Yeah, if you are the real librarian you must know how can you close this gate.

"Not that it would be common knowledge amongst all the literate people but I happen to know that. However, I also happen to prefer keeping it open." Mendor replies with an evil grin.
OOC - Is he incorporeal or ethereal or only an "image" who has not manifested on Material Plane yet? Can we know that? Not SG of course, Portho for example. Incorporeal creatures are on the Material Plane.
OOC - ... and ethereal creatures are invisible on the Material (See Invisibility or whatever works, though). Giant's best guess is that it is the same kind of creature as the ones encountered earlier (Sirrith and Merri's attacker whose name is unknown)
Seeing that the undead skeletons and what Lugar suspects is some sort of apparition are trapped in the circle, he calls into the shaft for Murkatos to get the others. "We have...a guest."

"Tell me Mendor, what is it like where you are from?" Lugar wants to keep things as cordial as possible. Until the clerics can figure out what to do with the undead.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon