RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-11: The Sea of Hate
(02-08-2017, 03:41 AM)Lugar Wrote: Ooc - I thought Tooty bird was coming. Please tell me someone has the magic amulet?

OoC1:  Toot would have lent the amulet to someone.  (The key word here is LENT!)  The reasons being...
1) If Toot is wearing the Amulet he fears he will become a more interesting target for the Undead.
2) The amulet is useless to Toot while Wild Shaped.  If he had a Wilding Clasp it would be a different story but since this is Core only, Wilding Clasps are out of the question.

As for Tooty bird coming -- He is waiting for a sign from the others.  Toot's not rushing into a room full of undead until he is certain the others are ready and able to protect him.

OoC2: I have an idea...  Can I summon an Earth Elemental to carry Boo and I up to the trap door.  My Summoned creatures gain +4 strength and constitution so the Earth Elemental would have a Str of 21!  I figured the elemental could reach out of the wall, pick up Boo and I, then Earthglide along the inside edge while dragging us with it on the outside of the wall.  

OoC3: Or maybe because Boo is a TRAINED animal companion with a higher strength (20 instead of 19) and a better climb skill (7 instead of 4) he could use Toot's knotted rope (+5 climb skill) to climb up to the trap door.  Kind of like in this video.  Or the Players who are Invisible to the Undead could pull him up.
Quote this message in a reply
(02-08-2017, 03:21 PM)Toot Wrote: OoC2: I have an idea...  Can I summon an Earth Elemental to carry Boo and I up to the trap door.  My Summoned creatures gain +4 strength and constitution so the Earth Elemental would have a Str of 21!  I figured the elemental could reach out of the wall, pick up Boo and I, then Earthglide along the inside edge while dragging us with it on the outside of the wall.  

OoC3: Or maybe because Boo is a TRAINED animal companion with a higher strength (20 instead of 19) and a better climb skill (7 instead of 5) he could use Toot's knotted rope (+5 climb skill) to climb up to the trap door.  Kind of like in this video.  Or the Players who are Invisible to the Undead could pull him up.

[OoC now which is cooler? Elemental arms carrying the bear along, up the wall or acrobat-bear climbing a rope...    resource wise I'd say climb, as it saves the summon spell]
Ooc- both are cool.  I think the bear was using it's grapple modifier to climb the rope Wink But why didn't we just earth glide the sack into the portal?????

Lugar gets a sudden burst of inspiration....  Remembering the circlet, it could have powers over the undead. (thanks SG)

In a loud clear voice he says and thinks at the same time, "This is your Master speaking! I command you to drop your weapons!" (bluff?)
OOC - There are four empty slots for those who wanted to receive HfU and considering Murkatos is pretty content with staying with his new "pet" this leaves exactly four of: Torin, Toot, Maul and Boo. So we can safely assume Toot and Boo are protected. I think both the climb and the earth glide may do the trick but the earth elemental will not be hidden from undead. And Toot is right about the amulet; it melds into the new form, becoming nonfunctional. As I mentioned you could specify locations of items in your first IC post and since Lugar explicitly mentioned the magic amulet and Toot explicitly mentioned his willingness to lend it I'm willing to go with the amulet (and the circlet) being worn by Lugar

The floating figure snaps his gaze straight at the duergar. Two of the skeletons do the same.
"You are not my master. You are more like a prank. Just come and taste the bolstering energy of our home, will you?"
The remaining skeletons look up at the floating figure then follow his gaze in the general direction of Lugar.
"We've slain your master, you won't fair any better. Come and taste what Sermour had." Lugar stares back. The plan was going from bad to worse, he thought. "Inside that sack is Pelor's wrath, the light of a thousand suns shines in there. Take it back to your dark hole!" He yells, hoping his voice echoes to their companions below. The plan was to sneak in and deliver the goods, not parley with the undead. Hopefully they get the idea that something went wrong. (Will add a roll later for bluff)

Bluff 1d20+4 =16
"Yeah, like I should know who these names refer to," the figure smirks. "Certainly none comparable to Tyranthraxus. Just in case you've heard of him. But very well, if you insist then order these lowly warriors to play fetch." he says.

Lugar realises that what he said makes sense if he's an incorporeal creature since he cannot manipulate inanimate objects.
Lugar looks at Portho and SG for any sign of recognition and shrugs. (Should I even bother rolling a knowledge check?)
Giant shrugs - I think Tyrannosaurus rex is an extinct race. - he whispers to Lugar in Orc language- But why haven't they attacked us yet? Do you think the gaseous one wants something?
"Let's find out." He responds in Orc.

"Who are you o' floating one, and why have you come here?" He asks. Then he says their master's name even louder as he turns his head towards the shaft. "Tyranthraxus! Of course we know him, what does he want with this place?" (Or perhaps Portho would be better at socializing with undead from the plane of negative energy?)
OOC - Now that's crying out for a bluff check! Smile and it seems he bit the bait... I never realised Lugar has so many ranks on bluff...
OOC2 - Everyone having ranks in Knowledge (History) or (Planes) may roll (both if you have ranks in both) and of course Portho may roll BK to see if it beats his History check. The name Tyranthraxus rings a bell for those beating DC20 and more can be learned with rolls of 25+ and even more with 30+!
OOC3 - Knowledge (local) for the rest of the names mentioned.
OOC4 - There was a misunderstanding in Giant's initial action of throwing the sack. I will try to make up for it.

The figure smirks at Lugar's convincing flattery that apparently fooled everyone (Giant and Portho included)
"My name is Mendor and I've been guarding the town library until you [i]called me[i] so if you are some fool messing around with powers you cannot handle then it's best if you release me from this circle."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon