RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
(10-22-2016, 06:16 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Well. This is just the first chapter but who knows; maybe you just postpone the apocalypse this time and it will eventually occur in chapter seven anyway }:-)

(10-22-2016, 08:18 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 04:38 PM)Toot Wrote: Ah ok.  For some reason I thought the final chapter would be defeating the Undead Apocalypse before it annihilates mankind.  Little did I know there is something worse than an Undead Apocalypse that will require our attention.   Confused   Tongue

I don't know about Torin but defeating the undead apocalypse would not be the endof Porthos' goals.. he'd also like to GO HOME to his own world

Ohhhhh so the FIRST CHAPTER is where the Undead apocalypse happens?  Assuming that like most stories that each subsequent chapter get worse...

Ummm Portho, I know that you and Toot aren't exactly friends but Toot will promise to be nice if you make some room in whatever express vehicle or spell that takes you off this world before whatever worse than an Undead Apocalypse happens in the next six chapters!!!!   twitch
Quote this message in a reply
Silent Giant eats undead apocalypses for breakfast Smile
For Boo I can think of two things to help get him/her up the shaft. Tie a rope to his saddle and pull him up. Push him to crawl inside a bag of holding and haul that up like Santa Claus carrying presents... Of course there's a dead elf in the bag so it may or may not help.

On another note, I think dnd Bears should be able to hibernate inside a bag of holding if they are fat enough before they go insideSmile
I'm not sure which would be easier.  Tying a rope around him and drag him up, or summoning some earth elementals to earthglide him up the sides of the walls and ceiling, or summoning more Thoqqua to melt a walkway along the walls that incline to the ceiling but that would take time to cool.  Remember that Boo is a medium sized black bear.  He can fit anywhere that the dwarves and humans can go.  I didn't upgrade to the far more attractive Large Brown bear for that very reason.
On average adult male Black bears weight from 126 to 551 pounds with one rare specimen being reported weighing 1100 pounds.  Since companions never gain size due to hit dice I don't think Boo would be a rare specimen.

On Kuiu Island in Alaska where there is lots of Salmon the average weight is 254 pounds.  In New York State they average around 298 pounds.  These were the highest averages I could find in the wiki.  Many were much lighter.  It really depends upon the climate.  The colder the region, the bigger the bear.
Drew a rough cross-section on Roll20, depicting shapes, water, rope, and approximate sizes. Hope this helps.
The shaft is slightly less than five feet wide. It would be a bit tight if it were a horizontal tunnel for fighting but it's ideal for climbing (just wide enough to move and just narrow enough to brace against the wall).
Torin doesn't plan to do any important thing. If somebody needs for Torin's help then ask him.
The antimagic field covers 10' radius centered around the bottom of the iron wall. Will add it to the cross-section for clarity. If Lugar is to do something magical he'll have to stay clear of the antimagic field (completely I should say) and he can do so by staying close to the walls anywhere except west. Staying close is imperative since his increased space of 10' already means he's standing on an narrow ledge (5'). I put him on one such possible place.
There seems to be no way into the vault other than crossing the field; passing through solid walls somewhere; or descending through the trapdoor from above (which Toot hasn't seen yet from current position but the others explained so that the doodid can imagine)

EDIT: stone shape and a 17 cu ft shaft... The total 45 degree shaft would be about 19ft long but if you make it a bit steeper you can fit into 17 or even 12. The latter means the shaft would be 14.5 x 14.5 inch cross-section (or 16 inch diameter).
According to spelunking rules, this is "crawl-navigable" for anyone below four times these figures (64" = 5'4" means dwarves, gnome and black bear). It is "awkward" for anyone with a shoulder narrower than these figures (Murkatos maybe... though I lean towards him having wider shoulders. He's an expert armorsmith, after all) and "tight squeeze" for the big fellas (Maul and Giant). Our gnomes are unusually short so it's simply "narrow" for a certain "tiny gnome".

Crawl-navigable means you have to crawl proned (5ft per move action unless I'm mistaken) wearing no armor heavier than light and have to drag behind all stuff like backpacks.
Awkward means you can crawl 5ft with a single Escape Artist check (DC 15; repeat for every 5 ft)
Tight squeeze means 5ft with EA DC 30.
So it's not impossible for some but may cause more than a bit of disadvantage if sh*t happens halfway.
(10-26-2016, 04:30 PM)Torin Wrote: Torin doesn't plan to do any important thing. If somebody needs for Torin's help then ask him.

So will Torin keep standing in the passageway, right within the antimagic field?
I need to stand on Torin's shoulders to lift the bear into the shaft Smile

Seriously though, he's wearing heavy plate. Can he climb up the shaft with all that armor? I don't think there's enough time to remove it, considering we haven't killed/deactivated the Adamantine Golem...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon