RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Foyer
[[cough]]
Quote this message in a reply
Dazzler replies to Niall, "No schedule.  We'll return when boredom begins to set in."

With slight trepidation Psi-Jack asks Niall, "What do you mean, your father's powers are scary?"

The bus begins to move...
Niall chuckled and said, "Oh, yeah.  He's basically an Irish Dracula.  When he gets hungry his face gets all gaunt and his jaw unhinges.  He's grows big fangs, although that makes him talk with a lisp which is really pretty funny to hear."  Niall put two fingers on either side of this mouth to simulate big incisors.  "I vant to salk to bloud, laddie!" he said in a truly terrible impression of a combination of Movie-transylvanian and an Irish brogue, made all the worse by Niall's giggling.
Psi-Jack smiles gently then says, "Sounds funny but it must have been difficult.  Other kids can be cruel and often target the lowest hanging fruit.  Strange parents would be ripe for the picking."
Niall shrugged and said, "We moved around a lot, so usually we were gone before anyone keyed in on anything too weird.  It can be a rough, but what can you do you know?  Ma went to to Xavier's so she pulled some strings to get me in here, I think.  She said she wanted me to 'have stability', although hearing about what has been going on lately I don't know that I am going to get what she was hoping for."

A though suddenly occurred to him and he raised a hand to get Dazzler's attention. He asked, "Excuse me, ma'am.  I know there are going to be shops and such, but I don't have much money. Are we on our own for lunch and whatever?"
Dazzler stands to address the students.  "I'm interested in knowing why you joined this school, I mean beyond just learning about your powers.  Anyone can start.  This isn't a test.  I'm just curious."
"I dunno if I joined as much as I sorta tagged along after everyone else was taking care of something and they offered me a place."
[OoC: I will be moving on to introduce Brunt but I just want to give people a chance to find their way back.]

(03-26-2023, 07:56 AM)Johnny Blair Wrote: "I dunno if I joined as much as I sorta tagged along after everyone else was taking care of something and they offered me a place."

"Then let me ask you a different question.  What do you hope to get out of being here.  You can be honest.  If you haven't really thought about it or you just want a roof over your head, are perfectly fine answers."
John shrugs and stares out the window, seemingly lost in his thoughts.  "It's not like I got kicked out by my folks or anything like that.  I dunno."  He thinks about it for a bit longer.  "I guess I just didn't think any of them could handle what I'd become.  And how quick it happened."
With a single finger Johnny pulls down his shades he'd been using to shield his eyes so he could try to nap.  He listens and when the other Johnny finishes Interface says, "I guess I'm here for protection.  The company who accidently made me wants me back.  They want to learn how I became so smart.  I'm sure if they found out what I can do with technology they'd shite their pants and want me even more!" 

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon