RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Entry Cavern
She nods and takes the club (move action), steps 5ft next to Ursk and attacks the skeleton. (AC:21,dmg:4)

Eva's attack [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21 dmg [d6+1] = err
Eva's dmg again [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4
Eva's attack critical? [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 dmg [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Cin delays and calls out, "Does anyone know what this thing is and what its weaknesses is?"

[OoC: Remember that as long as you aren't flatfooted you can answer at any time during a round.
[OoC: Bullets are considered Bludgeoning and Piercing.  So assuming this skeleton has the same weakness as a regular skeleton, a bullet should penetrate its damage reduction.]

[OoC: Pistol's have penetration so targets use their Touch AC.]

Cin waits until the skeleton looks bashed up and then points her pistol at the creature and fires a bullet for it's head. 

[Attack: +6; Result: 13; Damage: 4 (Deed: Up Close and Deadly: +4 damage; TOTAL: 8 damage, If I miss I still graze the target for half the Grit damage: 2pts. ]http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp...49&macid=0

**Up Close and Deadly (Ex) At 1st level, when the pistolero hits a target with a one-handed firearm that is not making a scatter shot, she can spend 1 grit point to deal 1d6 points of extra damage on a hit. If she misses with the attack, she grazes the target, dealing half the extra damage anyway. This is precision damage and is not multiplied if the attack is a critical hit. This precision damage increases to 2d6 at 5th level, to 3d6 at 10th level, to 4d6 at 15th level, and to 5d6 at 20th level.
(02-12-2018, 06:30 AM)Cin-Ezra Oovalli Wrote: [OoC: Bullets are considered Bludgeoning and Piercing.  So assuming this skeleton has the same weakness as a regular skeleton, a bullet should penetrate its damage reduction.]

[OoC: Pistol's have penetration so targets use their Touch AC.]

Cin waits until the skeleton looks bashed up and then points her pistol at the creature and fires a bullet for it's head. 

[Attack: +6; Result: 13; Damage: 4 (Deed: Up Close and Deadly: +4 damage; TOTAL: 8 damage, If I miss I still graze the target for half the Grit damage: 2pts. ]http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp...49&macid=0

**Up Close and Deadly (Ex) At 1st level, when the pistolero hits a target with a one-handed firearm that is not making a scatter shot, she can spend 1 grit point to deal 1d6 points of extra damage on a hit. If she misses with the attack, she grazes the target, dealing half the extra damage anyway. This is precision damage and is not multiplied if the attack is a critical hit. This precision damage increases to 2d6 at 5th level, to 3d6 at 10th level, to 4d6 at 15th level, and to 5d6 at 20th level.

[OoC Aren't undead immune t precision damage?]
Quote:[OoC Aren't undead immune t precision damage?]

I believed undead was immune to precision damage in 3.0 but then they changed that in 3.5e.  I just read online recently they made this change with Rangers too.  But maybe Pathfinder is different.  If Undead is immune to Precision damage then I won't use my grit and just do 4 damage.

I did not clue in at the time that Precision damage is apparently the same as sneak attack damage.  It does make sense though.  I did look at undead traits and it doesn't say anything about being immune to Precision damage.  Apparently only Oozes, Elemental Subtype and Incorporeal Subtype is immune to Precision damage.

Traits: An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
  • No Constitution score. Undead use their Charisma score in place of their Constitution score when calculating hit points, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution(such as when calculating a breath weapon’s DC).
  • Darkvision 60 feet.
  • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
  • Immunity to bleed, death effects, disease, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
  • Not subject to nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength), as well as to exhaustion and fatigue effects.
  • Cannot heal damage on its own if it has no Intelligence score, although it can be healed. Negative energy (such as an inflict spell) can heal undead creatures. The fast healing special quality works regardless of the creature’s Intelligence score.
  • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
  • Not at risk of death from massive damage, but is immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points.
  • Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
  • Proficient with its natural weapons, all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
  • Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Undead not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Undead are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
  • Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.
  • Per the spell magic jar: “Undead creatures are powered by negative energy. Only sentient undead creatures have, or are, souls.” This is an important sentence when considering any spells or effects which reference “souls.”
Eva swings with the club, shattering the skeleton. It wasn't as tough as it looked.
Thanks - she says to Reawyn - Can I keep it for a while?
Let's go forward.
"Nice work." Taijun says as he closely examines the pile of bones.  He counts the limbs and fingers trying to imagine what this thing used to look like alive.  "Yes, lets keep moving."
"Sure, hang onto it. Less for me to carry and easily replaced. It is just a club afterall."

Reawyn resumes their slow progress into the cavern, warily examining the ground before advancing.

[Perception: Trapfinding +5]
(02-14-2018, 02:32 PM)Taijun Wrote: "Nice work." Taijun says as he closely examines the pile of bones.  He counts the limbs and fingers trying to imagine what this thing used to look like alive.  "Yes, lets keep moving."

"Yes, lets..." Cin replies impatiently.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon