RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings
OOC - some clarifications made, updated the turn above.
Torin tries to knock down (ooc - str check: 18) the bear.
OOC - 1. How did Toot mount, dismount and casts in the same round? Or I just missed the fast (dis)mount check(s)?
OOC - 2. If you already used all of your movement can you move 5 feet back after an unsuccessful overrun attempt (Boo was 40 feet away from Torin's square.)?

Torin casts a Sanctuary spell and says in strong, soothing voice: - Easy! Calm down! Lets talk about it! I don't want a potential enemy in my back!

@DM: I suppose that Torin didn't notice SG, if I'm wrong let me know.
OOC1 - Mount was in prev. round. Dismount was a fast dismount with a natural 20 on his ride check for which Toot has a ridiculously high modifier anyway. Smile
OOC2 - This is an interesting question. First, Boo's standard speed is 40ft but charge speed is feasible for an overrun attempt (80ft in a move action) so 45ft fit conveniently. This fact aside, I also pondered what's the case if someone tries to overrun an opponent with insufficient movement left to move back one square. I would say it's not part of movement (unless it's officially told otherwise somewhere) but an event that happens. Like, if you jump into a 200ft deep chasm you won't end your turn mid-air just because you are a heavily loaded blind and slowed slug.
OOC3 - No, Torin didn't notice SG (but didn't miss by too much either Wink ).

Torin tries to kep the bear at bay but fails, the bear is much stronger than he would've expected. (OOC - 19 Smile )
As he casts the spell, forgetting to do so defensively in the heat of the impact, the bear he'd hurt returns the "favour" (OOC - thinking as a bear protecting "mom" this is a feasible AOO unless Toot says otherwise) and tears through Torin's armour (-8 hp before DR applied). The dwarf is hurt but tough as a coffin nail and finishes with the spell which Torin recognises without difficulty.

The dwarf says in strong, soothing voice: - Easy! Calm down! Lets talk about it! I don't want a potential enemy in my back!

Lugar watches the comical action as his foes attack each other. Invisible grins stretch across his dusky tattooed face.

Portho's turn!
The smaller green flame raises two glowing flamed arms and  puts something to it's mouth and begins to play a soft sweet melody

[Bardic music fascinate  - fascinate. rolling d20+14 Perform (Wind Instrument ) (11)+14= 25. Therefore the DC of Toot and Bpps'will save is DC 25. It is your discretion if this would negat his invisibility, not sure if it counts as an attack or not, kinda a gray area. I'll accept either decision.]

Since stepping back around te corner would break line of sight, he will not use his move action.
Ooc I don't think it should work and I think Portho knows this.
fascinate Wrote:The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working.
The question about dropping invisibility is interesting, I will thinks about it.
(07-26-2016, 03:37 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Ooc I don't think it should work and I think Portho knows this.
fascinate Wrote:The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working.
The question about dropping invisibility is interesting, I will thinks about it.

If Portho knows Fascinate would not work then his action is different. He would instead cast. 
For DM Surrano:
Silent Image.

A solid barrier of tangled roots grows down from the ceiling between Boo and Torin, completely blocking vision.
"Quick, move back! They will hack through that in no time." he implores Torin, before moving 20 feet up the halway away from the bear, while concentrating on the illusion.
Toot has heard Portho casting the spell and managed to recognise it. Others might be fooled by such a picture but the tiny druid can see through the illusion of tangled roots right away.

Toot's turn!
"What wrong with you two," Toot exclaims loudly.  "Told you, I sent by doodids and have important world saving business.  Undead will soon overrun the world and you still attack my pet and block my way with pitiful illusions.  Me have no wish to harm anyone so me asking you one more time, allow me to pass!  If you do not then you give me no choice but to make you!"

While Toot is speaking, he will be showing Boo the wall is fake by passing his crossbow through several of the roots.  

[OoC: If Boo failed his save, Toot will order Boo to attack the wall.  I think figments have an AC of 10+size modifiers.  Which should give him another save throw. ]

[OoC2: I think that might be a move action to show Boo the wall is fake.  So as my standard action Toot will go into total defense.  Granting him +4 dodge bonus to AC.]
Boo growls at Torin and the way the bear looks Toot thinks the bear can see through the illusion. (OOC - I have no idea how one could learn if someone else made a save or not unless the results are communicated in some manner but I don't think Boo feels like demonstrating his success)

Giant's turn!
(07-28-2016, 08:46 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Boo growls at Torin and the way the bear looks Toot thinks the bear can see through the illusion. (OOC - I have no idea how one could learn if someone else made a save or not unless the results are communicated in some manner but I don't think Boo feels like demonstrating his success)

Giant's turn!

Giants goes closer and if he spots something that looks like undead or dangerous then he fires an arrow.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon