RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wild Card
(04-29-2017, 01:18 AM)DM Nerdred Wrote: OoC - I wrote up a post about 4 hours ago and must've never hit the post button Sad

OoC1 - We are on the same page.  The original program has been disabled somehow but her file is still safe, compartmentalized in the ship.  I wouldn't trust her either, who knows how many viruses she has...

[OoC not on the same page because I am still confused. Which computer is disabled? Her original program on the station (as opposed to the copy partitioned on the ship) or the ship's original programming?]

(04-29-2017, 01:18 AM)DM Nerdred Wrote: OoC2 - Ok, I may have been a little inconsistent here in my description of the space dock.  Let's say that the main entrance was an energy barrier as seen in most if not all of the movies, and there is a backup door that slides into place in cases of emergency.  Long would know this as he wrote a program to disable all of this as part of his "Exit Time" plan.  In the time that Long has been repairing the ship someone, probably Holon's security has bypassed the programming and manually powered or de-powered the space dock doors.  Personally I think it only makes sense to have a backup on a space station.  It will still take time for the doors to close and the dock to pressurize.  The entrance doors to the rest of the station would remain closed until then.

- Not everything was sucked out into space when the energy shield went down.  Use your imagination, I may regret that, but things that conceivably have magnetic feet would remain in place such as, droids, ships, load lifters etc.

If Long attempts to communicate with the Captain or the others he is met with the same static as before.

[OoC can long estimate how long it will take to close the blast doors  enough to prevent the Wild Card from departing? would any of teh manual workings of the blast door mechanism be accessible to  someone moving around inside the docking facility, like a droid that has flight and or magnetic feet/tracks?]
[/quote]
Quote this message in a reply
Ahh ok, my wording was not precise. Escape's original program was somehow cut-off mid sentence and presumable destroyed but you can't be sure. She may have just been blocked somehow. While Long has been busy with the ship, other forces have been trying to overcome this scenario as well. The copy of Escape that you downloaded into the Wildcard's partition still exists and is separate from the ship. Make sense? The copy requested to be able to access the ship, which you denied, in order to assist you better. But you can't really be sure of her motives as you say.

There is time to pilot the ship out of the docking facility if you so chose but you risk stranding the rest of the party. You can't even be sure who is activating the doors, but most likely it is Holon's forces.

The manual controls for the door are located inside maintenance chambers outside/behind the walls of the space dock/port. No one needs to be inside the actual space dock. Since Long opened the energy field to outer space, nothing has moved inside the space dock but there are still load lifters and other sub-light ships that remained magnetically clamped to the floor. The large area is now free of clutter, tools, crates, and roving personnel.
[OoC How mucgh time could Long wait before the doors are closed too far?]
From sensing the rumble and receiving the message, 2 rounds. (about 12 seconds)
{Ooc kk so nort long enough to wait... I will post tomorrow evening ionce I have formulated a plan/idea. Right now I must sleep as I have to get up for work in hours]
[OoC sorry I got swamped by the weekends events and then work.. I am back]

Long's processor kicks into overdrive and he begins racing through his own recorded schematics of the Rock from his years of living there. As he does so he races into the cabin and moves up to the pilot's console, he impklants his Scomp link for extra speed but also grasps the controls and the ship lifts off the floor of the docking facility and the landing gear begin to retract.

He attempts to turn the ship towards the exit and swiftly fly out before the blast doors can close.

[Pilot [1d20+10] = 5+10 = 15]

[OoC2 a station the size of teh rock has got to have other external airlocks scattered around, I am hoping he knows where a few are along the refugees path. If not oh well, Long has acquired a ship he can use to complete his search with Tongue]
Long punches the ship's engines into overdrive, sending out large plumes of plasma from the rear as he executes a sharp turn inside the space dock and narrowly avoids the closing doors. It would seem he had enough of trouble on board the Rock.

Now "safely" outside in space, Long searches his databanks for possible ways of escape for the others. The most obvious list comes forth first.

- commandeer a space worthy vessel like Flik's old tug (Zann's is out of the question now)
- Space Suits and an airlock
- Long registers several airlocks located throughout the space station (details to follow)
(05-03-2017, 03:04 AM)DM Nerdred Wrote: Long punches the ship's engines into overdrive, sending out large plumes of plasma from the rear as he executes a sharp turn inside the space dock and narrowly avoids the closing doors.  It would seem he had enough of trouble on board the Rock.

Now "safely" outside in space, Long searches his databanks for possible ways of escape for the others.  The most obvious list comes forth first.

- commandeer a space worthy vessel like Flik's old tug (Zann's is out of the question now)
- Space Suits and an airlock
- Long registers several airlocks located throughout the space station (details to follow)

OoC - What, just leaving isn't a good option? Damn behavioural programming, gotta get around to overriding that.
Now that Long is out of the space dock, he hopes he is free of the jamming signal and tries to reach Captain Sunt on the comm-link

"Captain, I have had to commandeer your ship to keep it out of the hands of the station security forces. Currently seeking another route of egress for you."

[OoC will fix formatting of post later (at work and limited time)]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon