RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 04-05-2017

I'm glad to announce that one of the characters has reached the lower bound of XP I'm rewarding for roleplaying!

Foilowing are some thoughts on how I dish out XP rewards, so feel free to skip if you don't care about this Smile

I consider 10% of total XP a guideline for each of:
- roleplaying (whatever that's particularly in-character in my subjective opinion)
- clever use of skills/abilities (racial, class, whatever)
- OOC contribution to move the game forward (e.g. giving hints to other players, looking up old information, etc. I dish these out VERY rarely)

This means that as long as you are ECL 8, I consider anything between 2,800 and 3,600 desirable. Note that these counters started at 0, regardless whether you started from 15k, 21k, or 28k XP, giving you an opportunity to gain on those who started earlier and may have had an advantage when you joined.

There are some rare occasions when I don't include some rewards in these categories, like using a spell or other character feature that saves a party member or helps the party achieve major success (like, the combined efforts in handling the Guardian of Hate that was a kind of "special quest" in its own right)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 04-05-2017

Well I wish Silent Giant (character) wasn't so dumb because the player has helped me out quite a bit! Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Shanna Rendin - 04-05-2017

Knowledge skills are trained, which means they cannot be rolled unless one has ranks in them, aye?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 04-06-2017

(04-05-2017, 09:04 PM)Lugar Wrote: Well I wish Silent Giant (character) wasn't so dumb because the player has helped me out quite a bit! Smile

I hope my joking around about SG intelligence wasn't taken out of character.  The jokes were 100% directed at SG Intelligence score and not toward anything his player has said or done.  Just like when I was making jokes about the low Charisma scores a few of us have which includes Toot, I meant no offence to anyone.

(04-05-2017, 10:45 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Knowledge skills are trained, which means they cannot be rolled unless one has ranks in them, aye?

I think the DM said that things that are relatively common knowledge which would have a very low DC can be rolled by anyone.  Or maybe that was another game.   Huh

(04-05-2017, 07:53 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: I'm glad to announce that one of the characters has reached the lower bound of XP I'm rewarding for roleplaying!

Have you informed this person or is it a surprise for them?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 04-06-2017

Sore wa... himitsu desu!
(this is to encourage everyone for mooore roleplay Smile and not to discourage whoever has reached the limit to hold back their horses)

(04-05-2017, 10:45 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Knowledge skills are trained, which means they cannot be rolled unless one has ranks in them, aye?

You can roll "common knowledge" up to DC 10 but you cannot take 10 for these checks if you are untrained.

(04-06-2017, 07:49 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Sore wa... himitsu desu!
(this is to encourage everyone for mooore roleplay Smile and not to discourage whoever has reached the limit to hold back their horses)

Ah ok, it's a secret.   Wink   But I would be surprised if someone said, Well, I've reached my limit so I'm just not going to roleplay anymore.  Peace out!  Tongue

Well then... let's say that you are on good track, keep on playing! Smile