RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 04-01-2017

Another spellslinger song is Be Quick or Be Dead....

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 04-01-2017

I just named my Cyberpunk adventure after that song. It so fits the setting so well. Iron Maiden can do no wrong with Bruce. I think I have all their studio albums, even their latest from 2015. Too bad their tickets are ridiculous.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 11:19 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: ((Greater Mage Armor, here.  And she has a Lesser Rod of Extend as well.  Thanks for the IC offer though Smile ))

[OoC: Mage armor will combine with Toot's AC from his monk Belt (AC23) very nicely.  A +4 (or +6 for greater mage armor) would make Toot into a formidable tank with AC's of 27 or 29!  

I also noticed that the belt gives the wearer the ability to strike as a 5th level monk.  That would turn a Dire Ape's claw attacks from 1d6+6 slashing attacks to a 2d6+6 slams!!   Cool 

If no one in the group can cast Mage Armor on Toot I know what kind of want Toot's buying for Portho next.   Big Grin  ]

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 04-03-2017

Wow, so greater mage armor is allowed, cool Wink

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 04-03-2017

That is impressive AC, doesn't even include a shield or natural armor right? Now we just need an item to make Toot recklessly bold and brave so he can wade into our enemies as a giant ape.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Shanna Rendin - 04-03-2017

It's nice, and yes, I got the Okay for it, but's it's basically an Empowered Mage Armor.  Same level result, Same effect.

By the Way...it really is nothing compared to Inertial Armor.  For just 4 extra PP, Inertial Armor can get you the same result, but you can just keep pumping it up beyond that.  Yes, I know Inertial Armor is Psionic.

(04-03-2017, 04:54 PM)Toot Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 11:19 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: ((Greater Mage Armor, here.  And she has a Lesser Rod of Extend as well.  Thanks for the IC offer though Smile ))

[OoC: Mage armor will combine with Toot's AC from his monk Belt (AC23) very nicely.  A +4 (or +6 for greater mage armor) would make Toot into a formidable tank with AC's of 27 or 29!  

I also noticed that the belt gives the wearer the ability to strike as a 5th level monk.  That would turn a Dire Ape's claw attacks from 1d6+6 slashing attacks to a 2d6+6 slams!!   Cool 

If no one in the group can cast Mage Armor on Toot I know what kind of want Toot's buying for Portho next.   Big Grin  ]

Erm...not quite.  A level 5 Monk has an Unarmed Strike (natural weapon) of 1d8, not 2d6.  2d6 would be a monk of 24th level or level 19 with a Monk's Belt.

Also, GMA is 3rd level, so the price for a wand would either be spell level x caster level (15) x 750gp = 11,250GP to craft it, or likely double that to buy it.

(04-03-2017, 08:02 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: It's nice, and yes, I got the Okay for it, but's it's basically an Empowered Mage Armor.  Same level result, Same effect.

By the Way...it really is nothing compared to Inertial Armor.  For just 4 extra PP, Inertial Armor can get you the same result, but you can just keep pumping it up beyond that.  Yes, I know Inertial Armor is Psionic.

(04-03-2017, 04:54 PM)Toot Wrote:

Erm...not quite.  A level 5 Monk has an Unarmed Strike (natural weapon) of 1d8, not 2d6.  2d6 would be a monk of 24th level or level 19 with a Monk's Belt.

Also, GMA is 3rd level, so the price for a wand would either be spell level x caster level (15) x 750gp = 11,250GP to craft it, or likely double that to buy it.

Yes 5th level monks damage is 1d8.  But when you increase the monks size to LARGE for a Dire Ape the damage increases to 2d6!  Big Grin  Even at Toot's tiny size he can punch someone in the nose for a base of 1d4 damage!  Unfortunately Toot's strength is 5 so that would lower the damage -3 to 1pt. Sad  He needs something to raise his strength!

Even a first level wand of Mage armor would last an hour.  He would only need an AC that large for the boss fights.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Shanna Rendin - 04-03-2017

Str is not a problem for Toot while wildshaped:

"The creature gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its original form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas with one exception: the creature retains the hit points of its original form despite any change to its Constitution."

(04-03-2017, 09:07 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Str is not a problem for Toot while wildshaped:

"The creature gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its original form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas with one exception: the creature retains the hit points of its original form despite any change to its Constitution."

Yeah that why I said as a dire ape and wearing the belt he could punch for 2d6(+6 for str)  But as Toot and while wearing the belt the damage is 1d4 (-3 for str).  Without the belt I think he inflicts 1 (-3 for str).  So with or without the belt his damage would be the same which is 1pt.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 04-03-2017

I'm picturing Mighty Joe Young rolling around dodging blows and punching with his feet while upside down. Oh and a shimmering field around him just pissing people off, his Charisma is still low. ;P