RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-26-2017

I'm sorry I've been away. Should have said something before but I didn't realize how fast things would go. Everyone must be excited, a good thing. I should be able to post tomorrow. I guess Lugar hangs back trying to hide and be unoticed.

Thinking like a Rogue, could we try to bribe the creature with something? Food? Gold? Toot can polymorph into another Grig for its pleasure? Wink

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-27-2017

Yeah food has been pretty much offered but since Portho fascinated the creature (lucky bastard overcame SR by 1) Myshnue's currently not in a state to say "gimmethatfood"

Compared QoE, HHH, and BoH, just for kicks.
Here's what I came up with.

QoE - Longish, pointy weapons.
- Draw like from normal containers.
- 60arrows (9lbs) + 18 jav (36lbs) + 6 spears (36lbs) = 81lbs.
- 1800gp
- 2lbs
BoH I - No pointy items.
- Retrieve move or full.
- 250lbs.
- 2500gp
- 15lbs
HHH - everything
- Retrieve move no AOO
- 120lbs
- 2000gp
- 5lbs

Basically, HHH is clearly the most superiour of all, except for bulk storage of non-pointy stuff where BoH gains footing. QoE has only two minor advantages: it's the cheapest (come on...) and the lightest of all (but considering the purpose of this items this is also a joke)
I won't declare HHH "broken" for this game but I think it would make more sense if it had some weakness like BoH. It is a leather something, after all, should be able to easily rupture it. The quiver's worth would also raise significantly if, say, you can't put any item inside that doesn't fit in its external dimensions. So you can shove 12 cubic feet of soil inside a HHH (30 cubic feet for BoH) but you can't store a single quarterstaff in them, because it simply does not fit. Like, as if they were extradimensional only when closed and if the item is too large to fit then you can't close it.

I repeat, there are no such rules and I guess Toot got BoH to store the large staff. So, just babbling unintelligibly.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 03-27-2017

5e has a much better write up of the HHH.  They also list the item as Rare which is ridiculous.  It's the best container in the game.  Any wizard who has Craft Wondrous Item would make at least one for himself.  The other thing is, it says it can hold up to 8 cubic feet of 80 pounds.  It doesn't say what shape that 8 cubic feet has to take.  It could be 8'x1'x1' in shape or 4'x2'x1' or whatever combination will hold the items you have inside.  There's nothing that says it has to be the same scale as the haversack.  That's the whole point of Extra-dimensional spaces.  

Quote:Handy Haversack
Wondrous item, rare
This backpack has a central pouch and two side pouches, each of which is an extradimensional space. Each side pouch can hold up to 20 pounds of material, not exceeding a volume of 2 cubic feet. The large central pouch can hold up to 8 cubic feet or 80 pounds of material. The backpack always weighs 5 pounds, regardless of its contents.
Placing an object in the haversack follows the normal rules for interacting with objects. Retrieving an item from the haversack requires you to use an action. When you reach into the haversack for a specific item, the item is always magically on top.
The haversack has a few limitations. If it is overloaded, or if a sharp object pierces it or tears it, the haversack ruptures and is destroyed. If the haversack is destroyed, its contents are lost forever, although an artifact always turns up again somewhere. If the haversack is turned inside out, its contents spill forth, unharmed, and the haversack must be put right before it can be used again. If a breathing creature is placed within the haversack, the creature can survive for up to 10 minutes, after which time it begins to suffocate.
Placing the haversack inside an extradimensional space created by aBag of Holding, Portable Hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items and opens a gate to the Astral Plane. The gate originates where the one item was placed inside the other. Any creature within 10 feet of the gate is sucked through it and deposited in a random location on the Astral Plane. The gate then closes. The gate is one-way only and can’t be reopened.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Portho Nihilbuck - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 06:59 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Compared QoE, HHH, and BoH, just for kicks.
Here's what I came up with.

QoE - Longish, pointy weapons.
- Draw like from normal containers.
- 60arrows (9lbs) + 18 jav (36lbs) + 6 spears (36lbs) = 81lbs.
- 1800gp
- 2lbs
BoH I - No pointy items.
- Retrieve move or full.
- 250lbs.
- 2500gp
- 15lbs
HHH - everything
- Retrieve move no AOO
- 120lbs
- 2000gp
- 5lbs

Basically, HHH is clearly the most superiour of all, except for bulk storage of non-pointy stuff where BoH gains footing. QoE has only two minor advantages: it's the cheapest (come on...) and the lightest of all (but considering the purpose of this items this is also a joke)
I won't declare HHH "broken" for this game but I think it would make more sense if it had some weakness like BoH. It is a leather something, after all, should be able to easily rupture it. The quiver's worth would also raise significantly if, say, you can't put any item inside that doesn't fit in its external dimensions. So you can shove 12 cubic feet of soil inside a HHH (30 cubic feet for BoH) but you can't store a single quarterstaff in them, because it simply does not fit. Like, as if they were extradimensional only when closed and if the item is too large to fit then you can't close it.

I repeat, there are no such rules and I guess Toot got BoH to store the large staff. So, just babbling unintelligibly.
Both as player and as GM I have always treated HHH as bound by the same 'no pointy stuff' rule as BoH. If you remember, that as why Portho so carefully wrapped the masterwork swords up in webbing before they went in his HHH. It wasn't because he wanted to collect webs.

sure thing and I thought it was written but apparently it isn't so I need at least two more players agreeing with the "no pointy stuff in HHH" house rule before making it part of the game.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 01:00 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: sure thing and I thought it was written but apparently it isn't so I need at least two more players agreeing with the "no pointy stuff in HHH" house rule before making it part of the game.

Agreed.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 03-29-2017

Work is rough right now. It will only be a couple more days, at least.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-29-2017

Thanks for heads-up, will DMPC Merri if necessary. Meanwhile, she'll just take a stroll through the park.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 04-01-2017

Man I love that song.