RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-05-2015

Just wanted to say, enjoying your game. Even reading the solo adventures is interesting, each one is totally different but mysterious and enticing. Thanks for the effort and time you put into this game Surrano.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-05-2015

Most welcome Smile Not too much time nowadays but I try hard Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-08-2015

Okay a couple of things before I look like committing PK on purpose...
I would slay an inactive PC especially if it saves the rest of the party, yes. But not without the consent of the player-- or repeated lack of response from the player-- and we are not at that point yet with MiB. I will try to contact him one more time.
The fact that the dice favoured the opponent didn't help the party. Giant made contact twice but Lugar failed.
Murkatos aimed well, hitting twice but one did not affect Cloak and it saved against the other one.
Finally, after some ridiculous attack rolls earlier it made two out of three attacks count.

What I would like to ask you to comment on is whether you can see this as the best the party can do (like, could Giant have an AOO on the hand as it failed to grasp at Maul's leg?) or whether I abused or even forgot some of the game mechanics.
Merri used up two magic missiles. I have no info on the total list of spells she memorised but whenever I play a wizard I don't memorise more than two of the same spell. The old character sheet is lost on Plothook and the new sheet doesn't contain her spells (guess MiB never got that far in updating Merri's sheet.

A bit of a spoiler but you probably figured it out already...
1. Cloak can pass through solid objects. Thus, unhindered by difficult terrain and can take five foot step out of / into stone as well.
2. It has blind fight feat so didn't have to guess on Merri's location even though she had total concealment against the attacker and the attack did not fail the 50% miss chance either.
3. As a side note the creature has a fly spead in addition to walk speed but it doesn't make sense if you pass solid objects anyway-- it's like your walk is same is your flight isn't it? so I used the lower of the two which is still pretty fast.
4. The "-2 to everything" Giant suffered was actually caused by negative levels. Merri now has two hits or 4 negative levels. Considering she's multiclass (Ftr 2 / Wiz 5) she lost most of her spells even if we consider her Ftr 1 / Wiz 2 now.

One more thing: I didn't mention IC but Cloak is currently waist-deep into that particular commode meaning it has cover similar to being behind a half-wall (cover for a medium creature, would be improved cover for a small one). Does that make sense?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 12-08-2015

Giant doesn't think about cover or not cover or improved cover. Smile He goes forward to destroy every undead if he can.

This is the OOC thread. I'm interested in players' perspective, meaning all players not only Lugar's and Giant's players.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-08-2015

I don't see anything wrong with playing a spirit smart. It's outnumbered, it's evil, and it's on home territory. We came unprepared for this type of fight but there are still things we can do. I am fine with the way you handled the course of events. The next time the spirit wants to attack from a wall or underground though, it won't be unexpected and Giant, at least, will be ready to deliver some +2 or +4 favored enemy damage!

I can see Merri & Maul having Protection from Evil prepared, and Merri could have Burning Hands, she might want to save that one though. As far as Cantrips, Detect Magic, Read Magic are usual choices for people. A Rope Trick spell would be handy too Big Grin

We certainly have motivation kill this thing once and for all!

oh... forgot favored enemy bonuses! corrected its actual hp. still, it's not defeated...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-08-2015

Is there a time limit to our journey here? I thought we had 12 hours or something to find the "key of hate" and return to the teleport spot in the cave? Unfortunately I don't remember the rhyme. I think it had important clues hidden in the messageSad

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-10-2015

Do you mean this rhyme?