RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 03-16-2017

(03-15-2017, 10:30 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Yeah. Heard about another challenge where six seventh-level druids were a close second behind a single githzerai with five classes.
The challenge was actually a way for me to figure out if, and how, a seventh level party of up to six members can defeat a specific construct that guards an armoury vault three feet underwater, with antimagic field protecting the only entrance.
Does it ring a bell for someone? Smile
Guess what... the winning player is member of this party as well Wink

Who was that? Big Grin

(03-16-2017, 07:34 AM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 07:35 PM)Torin Wrote: and gishes; e.g. Alter Self: Troglodyte

aham Torin wants a Wand of Alter Self to himself Tongue

Guess you can have one from party wealth but you should figure out the numbers together.

- How many Pearl of Power could a PC use from the same level?

- Could we are thinking in non standard Wounderous Items? (I don't want to create Headband of Regenaration from Vigor, Lesser spell.) Could we order it? e.g. Hat of Alter => 1800 * 2 * 3 = 10800 GP

-----------

@Portho: I suppose you the Bag of Tricks (Tan or Rust)

-----------

Torin roles: 1st healer, 1st tank, 1st/2nd summoner, 2nd party face (Diplomacy + Languages), 3rd arcane "caster"

Imho somehow we need some more healing power. (CLW wands, Vigor, Lesser wands (out of battle healing), ...)

Approved non core spells:
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=95&pid=12851#pid12851

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-16-2017

That's why I put so many ranks into UMD, I was planning on buying some wands (DC 20 to activate) like cure light wounds, or maybe grease.

Torin can heal, Toot can backup heal, and Portho can backup backup heal. Not sure about the other casters. But if all the casting is covered maybe I should put more ranks into rogue skills like disable device, lock picking, or tumble. If we have only a day before the next portal opens then we have a lot of shopping to do.

Lugar can gear up in heavy armor and tower shields to assist on the front lines, or I can keep him light and nimble. I want to enchant his cloak to add to his saves. Boots of striding and springing look nice for his 20' move speed. Maybe I'll buy some magic ammunition for his crossbows. Can't wait to find out about those weapons we looted, especially the daggers Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 03-16-2017

Imho UMD is good in higher level or with good stat and with a +5 UMD item (2500gp).
e.g. with level 8 (11 rank) and with 16 cha your UMD is 19 = 11 + 3 + 5
So you should use any wands without roll.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Portho Nihilbuck - 03-17-2017

(03-15-2017, 07:35 PM)Torin Wrote: and gishes; e.g. Alter Self: Troglodyte

aham Torin wants a Wand of Alter Self to himself Tongue

Portho wants ALL the wands. Yup.. UMD 19.. I can auto activate any wand I know the command word to regardless of which spell list it is on.  Big Grin

Was it ever determined how many gp we each have. I never saw it if it was. And able to do any shopping? I have been sick so offline a lot.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-17-2017

(03-16-2017, 09:52 PM)Torin Wrote: - How many Pearl of Power could a PC use from the same level?
- Could we are thinking in non standard Wounderous Items? (I don't want to create Headband of Regenaration from Vigor, Lesser spell.) Could we order it? e.g. Hat of Alter => 1800 * 2 * 3 = 10800 GP

Pearls: At least four, regardless of level. It's a matter of placing them. As long as they are within reach and you won't mix them up it's OK. E.g. you cannot automatically pick a charged one of many from a common pouch since it's random. But if you have just the necessary amount of pockets, or a magic container that allows you to retrieve that particular item automagically then I think I'm fine with it (and still, I feel it is broken and my feeling will get stronger if anyone has more than four total). Just remember that retrieving an item is usually a move action that may imply an AOO.

Nonstandard wondrous items: generally no, but specifically this one I will pass. Why? Because the price is the same as 120 wand charges and I don't think you'd use it more than 120 times, and never more than one person at a time.
BUT
Base price is 2,000gp for use activated (I think 1,800gp for HoD is either a mistake or a retail price) so 12,000gp total
It should be a cloak, cape or mantle since it is transformation. It can be a hat for a 50% cost or 18,000 gp total.

(03-16-2017, 10:49 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar can gear up in heavy armor and tower shields to assist on the front lines, or I can keep him light and nimble. I want to enchant his cloak to add to his saves. Boots of striding and springing look nice for his 20' move speed. Maybe I'll buy some magic ammunition for his crossbows. Can't wait to find out about those weapons we looted, especially the daggers Smile

Please ensure that everyone has one FINAL list of wishes, including pricing. And if the party is happy with all this then you can commit to the purchase / craft. (remember Murkatos' offer). Note, though, that item creation takes time and all Murkatos items and all nonstandard items must be created (but instead of 1day/1000gp I'd say 2h/1000gp of magical features, rounded up to nearest 2h)

(03-17-2017, 03:00 AM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: Was it ever determined how many gp we each have. I never saw it if it was. And able to do any shopping? I have been sick so offline a lot.

I believe there is the Treasure! thread...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 03-17-2017

What about hilt? (laser sword)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 03-17-2017

Laser sword? Hmmm, I am kind of a Jedi....

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-17-2017

Updated. More info about the Sword of Light here but it may be spoiler... so if you quote or answer, consider using spoiler tags.

Portho has a high charisma therefore it manifested as a huge sword (greatsword though it should've been a bastard sword -- my mistake) with a high bonus. Lugar has a low charisma therefore he couldn't make it work. Hint: he could emulate a high ability score using UMD.
The weapon is medium and does not resize but if your character can handle a medium longsword (Portho could, two-handed, with a penalty due to size difference) then consider yourself proficient with it (but size difference penalty still applies).

Even more spoilerous.... just to make my own life easier but read it at your own peril.
Your charisma bonus is considered the weapon's enhancement bonus (up to +9).
You cannot operate the sword unless your charisma modifier is positive.
The size of the sword is:
- a long sword if your charisma bonus is +1 to +2
- a bastard sword if your charisma bonus is +3 to +4
- a greatsword if your charisma bonus is +5 to +6
- a keen greatsword if your charisma bonus is +7 or higher
Thus, it is a +5 ghost touch medium greatsword (damage 2d6+5) for Portho but he has a -2 penalty on attacks due to inappropriate size.
It is a +1 ghost touch medium longsword (damage 1d8+1) for Shanna but she has a -4 penalty because she's not proficient with any swords.
The rest of the party has no positive Charisma modifier.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-17-2017

Nice Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 03-17-2017

So I would need some serious magic to make that light sword usable. I'm not what one would call charismatic. Now a large bastard sword, would that approximate a greatsword to a medium?